GLOBETROTTIN’ AT THE JERSEY SHORE: The world famous Harlem Globetrotters will celebrate their 90th anniversary at the Wildwoods Convention Center for four games and four clinics from July 27-30. If you have kids, they are a must see. The team is offering a family 4-pack where $199 (VIP seating) or $99 (end one seating) include 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs, 4 sodas, and 4 bags of chips. Visit www.HarlemGlobetrotters.
Globetrotters star Bull Bullard appeared at the Wildwood Crest Sand Sculpture Festival. The Globetrotters bring 4 games and 4 clinics to Wildwood from July 27-30.
CONGRATULATIONS TO AVALON BEACH PATROL for a tremendous performance in the 48th Annual Beschen-Callahan Memorial Lifeguard Races in North Wildwood. Avalon captured first place in the team scoring, doubles row, surf dash, singles row, and can run, and took second place in the swim and rescue board race! Great job Avalon BP!
REASSESSMENT RECOMMENDED: Avalon tax assessor Jeff Hesley recommended the borough conduct a reassessment of property values for the 2018 tax year. Hesley reported to council members that conducting a reassessment will help avoid a state-mandated revaluation. Hesley proposed handling the reassessment in-house with the temporary addition of three part-time inspectors. An interesting note—Hesley also reported to council that since becoming assessor in 1993, 2,080 new homes have been constructed in Avalon.
DIAMONDBACK TERRAPIN harvesting is now illegal in New Jersey, thanks to legislation passed last week. Concerns about too many turtles being taken in recent years for sale as pets in foreign markets led to the eventual passing of the law, which makes it illegal to catch or take a terrapin in New Jersey.
- Thursdays on Dune concert featuring Carnaby Street, Veteran’s Plaza in Avalon, 7PM, Thursday, July 21
- Thursdays on the Lawn concert featuring The Quietmen, St. Mary’s Episcopal Church, 7:30PM, Thursday, July 21
- Wetlands Institute Crabulous Crab Day, family fun including crafts, games, crabbing tips, crab cook-off, much more, The Wetlands Institut, 9:30AM-3PM, Friday, July 22
- Avalon Historical Society Clam Shell Competition, 30th Street Beach, 9AM, Saturday, July 23
- Stone Harbor Bird Sanctuary Tour led by a Wetlands Institute docent, meet at the Egret Espy Trail entrance at 114th Street & Second Avenue, 10AM, Saturday &
Sunday, July 23 & 24
- Avalon Lions Club Endless Summer featuring The B Street Band, Avalon Community Hall, 5:30PM, Saturday, July 23
- Santa visits his Summer Home in Stone Harbor, town-wide, Sunday, July 24-Saturday, July 30
- Stone Harbor Farmer’s Market, 95th Street Water Tower Plaza, 8AM-12:30PM, Sunday, July 24
- St. Mary’s Episcopal Church Seafood Fest, Church Hall, lunch from noon-2PM, dinner from 5-8PM, Sunday, July 24
- Avalon’s Christmas in July, Avalon Community Hall, 10AM-Noon, Monday, July 25
- Stone Harbor’s Family Night featuring Bill Kerwood Comedy Magic Show, Stone Harbor Fire House, 7PM, Monday, July 25
- Stone Harbor’s Tuesdays at the Tower featuring 40 North, 95th Street Water Tower Plaza, 7-8:30PM, Tuesday, July 26
- Avalon’s Big Beach Movie featuring How the Grinch Stole Christmas, 30th Street & the beach, dusk, Tuesday, July 26
- Stone Harbor Family Movie Night featuring Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Stone Harbor Elementary School, 8PM, Wednesday, July 27
- Harlem Globetrotters clinics and games, Wildwood Convention Center, July 27-30. Visit www.HarlemGlobetrotters.
- Avalon’s Pets on Parade, 21st Street & Ocean Drive to Veteran’s Plaza, 6PM, Thursday, July 28
- Avalon’s Thursdays on Dune Concert featuring Blondage Rocks Trio, Veteran’s Plaza in Avalon, 7PM, Thursday, July 28
- Thursdays on the Lawn Concert featuring Heart to Heart, St. Mary’s Episcopal Church in Stone Harbor, 7:30PM, Thursday, July 28
- Stone Harbor’s Festival of Lights, Yacht Club of Stone Harbor, 7:30PM, Saturday, July 30
- David J. Kerr Memorial Lifeguard Races, Avalon, 6:15PM, Sunday, July 31
- Avalon’s Baby Parade, 21st Street & Ocean Drive to Veteran’s Plaza, 6PM, Thursday, August 4
- Avalon’s Thursdays on Dune Concert featuring Loud ‘N Clear, Veteran’s Plaza in Avalon, 7PM, Thursday, August 4
- Cape Regional 7 Mile Island Designer Home Tour, 11AM-4PM, Saturday, August 6
Get started on the island in this updated 3 bedroom single-family rancher on an 85’x110′ lot. The lot is shared by the duplex in the rear, but gives you a very large lawn to enjoy. This is a nice street, walking distance to downtown Stone Harbor, and the price is attractive.
349 92nd St., Stone Harbor, $629,900, MLS# 171031
This beautiful one owner, Brandywine custom built beach block home was just reduced and is move-in ready. Attached garage and room for a pool. Take a look at the photos!
45 E 11th St., Avalon, $2,295,000, MLS# 166564
Walk to town and the beach from your totally renovated Breakwater condo on 30th Street. When you are not on the beach, enjoy your new pool.
107 30th St., Avalon, $449,000, ACTIVE MLS# 170279 – REDUCED!
Build your dream house on this oversize 70 x 100 corner lot, just 2 blocks to the beach, in Stone Harbor’s quiet south-end.
235 118th St., Stone Harbor, $1,495,000, ACTIVE MLS# 170203 – Under Contract
Enjoy your summers with ocean views in this beautiful 3-story south-end Avalon home. You will love the open second floor great room with its cathedral ceiling, light and views; this house looks like new!
6918 Dune Dr., Avalon, $2,095,000, ACTIVE MLS# 170034
Build your 4,500 sq. ft. dream Bayfront home on this empty 60′ x 155′ lot in Stone Harbor’s desirable South-end. This is a great location… Enjoy unlimited bay/wetlands/sunset views and walk just two blocks to the beach.
11825 Paradise Dr., Stone Harbor, $2,299,000, ACTIVE MLS #169905
Enjoy one of Avalon’s most unique homes and the recently added pool on this oversize 80 x 110 corner lot. If you prefer to build your dream house, this lot will accommodate a 6,000 sq. ft. home.
4656 Dune Drive, Avalon, $1,395,000, ACTIVE MLS# 168490
Just reduced by $200K, this spectacular 6 bedroom home with a pool and wraparound porch sits on an oversize 70 x 110 lot. Beautiful decor, this property must be seen.
385 93rd St., Stone Harbor, $2,295,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165563
Just reduced by $400K, this home sits on an oversize beach block corner lot, it’s the 4th house from the beach. Utility poles and wires are being removed from this block to enhance your ocean view. This is an opportunity at $ 2.295m.
115 120th St., Stone Harbor, $2,195,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165421 – Under Contract
8001 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, $475,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 171315
30 Meadowview Lane, Avalon Manor, $475,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 171271
280 79th Street, Avalon, $599,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 171282
25 Seabreeze Lane, Avalon Manor, $729,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 171339
146 83rd Street, Stone Harbor, $769,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 171316
629 Avalon, Avalon Manor, $800,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 171273
592 21st Street, Avalon, $895,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 171305
50 Seabreeze Ln, Avalon Manor, $998,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 171342
198 66th Street, Avalon, $3,595,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 171264
9501 Sunset #6, Stone Harbor, $395,000, SOLD MLS#: 155708
6625 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $825,000, SOLD MLS#: 170415
244 82nd Street, Stone Harbor, $1,400,000, SOLD MLS#: 166025
250 66th Street, Avalon, $1,450,000, SOLD MLS#: 167289
249 88th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,775,000, SOLD MLS#: 170238
160 86th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,950,000, SOLD MLS#: 166269
73 E 13th Street, Avalon, $2,175,000, SOLD MLS#: 170562