MARKET STATS: Sales remain strong in the local market, with steady demand and reduced inventory of homes for sale. 188 properties sold through the first five months of the year, up from 139 during the first five months of last year. This year’s average sale price is $1,568,464, up 20.0% over last year. This year’s median sale price is $1,157,500, up 5.2%.
Summer’s here! Are you ready?
EXPENSIVE—BUT WORTH IT! Avalon and Stone Harbor both made NJ.com’s list of the 20 New Jersey towns with the highest percentage of million dollar homes. Per the article, Avalon has 2,771 homes (51.9% of its properties) assessed at $1 million or more. Stone Harbor has 1,667 homes (57.4% of its properties) assessed at $1 million or more. Check out the rest of the list here: http://www.nj.com/bergen/
THE 96TH STREET BRIDGE REPAIRS have been completed, meaning no more overnight closures. The completion of the $700,000 project allows the bridge to carry a full 40 tons; the bridge had been restricted to 15 tons during repair work.
OCEAN DRIVE STRIPING: Portions of Ocean Drive in Avalon will be restriped this month, including 7th Street to 28th Street, and 62nd Street to 80thStreet. The striping work is weather dependent and will only take a few hours; no long term lane closures will be necessary.
BEACH VOLLEYBALL, ANYONE? Avalon’s 30th Street beach now features two volleyball nets. Stop by and play whenever they’re open!
BEACH MOVIES are back again this year, beginning Tuesday, June 27th in Avalon, on the 30th Street beach, with a showing of the animated movie “Sing”. Other upcoming showings include Star Wars Rogue One, Secret Life of Pets, Jaws, and Jurassic World.
THE STONE HARBOR FARMER’S MARKET is back every Sunday through Labor Day, under the water tower at 95th & Second Avenue. More than 30 vendors are at the market from 8am to 12:30pm each Sunday; stop by and check out their offerings!
IMPRESSIVE FISHING REPORTS continue, with limits regularly being reached. Some of the more exceptional flounder catches include a 25-inch, 5.5 pounder weighed in at Strathmere’s Whale Creek Marina, and a 22-inch, 3.76-pounder weighed in at Avalon Hodge Podge. Offshore action is beginning to pick up with reports of tuna in the canyons and other offshore locations.
- Opening Day at Stone Harbor’s 82nd Street REC field, children will experience 4 sports in 2 hours (soccer, tennis, basketball & baseball), free for kids from 4-14 years of age, visit www.
stoneharborrecreation.com for times & details, Friday, June 23
- Avalon Performing Arts Council 30th Anniversary Art Show, ‘Three Decades of Art,’ Avalon Elementary School, visit www.
avalonperformingarts.org for details, 6-9PM, Friday, June 23 & 10AM-4PM, Saturday, June 24
- Avalon Public Library Open House & Story Book Bash, face painting, stories, giveaways & fun for the whole family, 10AM-1PM, Saturday, June 24
- Stone Harbor Farmers Market, 95th Street & Water Tower Plaza, 8AM-12:30PM, Sunday, June 25
- Stone Harbor Bird Sanctuary Tour, meet at Egret Espy Trail Entrance at 114th Street & Second Avenue, 10AM, Sunday, June 25
- Stone Harbor’s Family Night, free fun, Stone Harbor Fire House, 7PM, Monday, June 26
- All Aboard…How the Railroad Made Avalon, History Center Interpreter Bill Mengel presents the history of the Avalon railroad & shares great old photos, Avalon Public Library, 7-8PM, Monday, June 26
- Avalon’s Beach Movie featuring ‘Sing,’ 30th Street & the beach, dusk, Tuesday, June 27
- Beach Book Picks Lecture by Carol Fitzgerald, Avalon Public Library, 7PM, Wednesday, June 28
- Thursdays on Dune, activities start at 5:30PM throughout Avalon’s business district, concert starts at 7PM at Veteran’s Plaza, Thursday, June 29
- Avalon Field Races & Family Fun, 10th Street Field, 10AM, Saturday, July 1
- Harbor Hustle 5K & 2 Mile Fun Walk, Stone Harbor Recreation Field, 6:45AM registration,
8AM race, 8:05 fun walk, Sunday, July 2
- Lutheran Church of Our Saviour Chicken BBQ, 9212 Third Avenue, 5-7PM, Sunday, July 2
- Stone Harbor Independence Day Celebration, live music at 95th Street Beach Pavilion, 7-9PM, fireworks at 9:30PM, Sunday, July 2
- Mummers Band Parade, Avalon Community Hall to Veterans Plaza, 6PM, Monday, July 3
- Avalon Beach Movie featuring ‘Star Wars Rogue One,’ 30th Street & the beach, dusk, Monday, July 3
- Stone Harbor Recreation July 4 Field Day, races at 9AM, Home Run Derby at 10AM, Stone Harbor Recreation Field, Tuesday, July 4
- Beach Concert featuring Andrew Jude, 30th Street Beach, 1-3PM, Tuesday, July 4
- Avalon Independence Day Celebration, 30th Street Parking Lot, 6-8PM, Tuesday, July 4
- Bay Atlantic Symphony Concert, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Tuesday, July 4
- Avalon Fireworks, off 30th Street Beach, 8:45PM, Tuesday, July 4
This one-of-a-kind 7 bedroom, 4,800 sq. ft. home with wrap-around decks, amazing pool and cabana area, and ocean views, sits on a huge 100′ x 110′ lot. With the added plus of being located in one of the nicest sections of Stone Harbor, this home is a winner!
This corner unit in Cornell Harbor has amazing water views, decks with privacy, and a garage. Enjoy the pool and use your boat at your own 10′ x 28′ boat slip. This 3-story unit is an opportunity at $879,900.
Have you been thinking about your dream bayfront condo with unobstructed sunset and wetlands views? This 3-bedroom unit has been renovated and decorated to perfection and includes a boat slip. This is a must-see opportunity!
Enjoy the stunning channel and sunset view from this beautiful move-in ready home. With a pool, third floor observation deck, and walking distance to town, this property is a winner.
8800 Sunset Dr., Stone Harbor, $1,949,000, ACTIVE MLS# 174945 – PRICE REDUCED!
285 80th Street, Avalon, $645,000, SOLD MLS#: 175955
12 Seabreeze Lane, Avalon Manor, $1,115,000, SOLD MLS#: 172583
326 88th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,382,000, SOLD MLS#: 175047
128 10th Street, Avalon, $1,640,000, SOLD MLS#: 174747
1918 First Avenue, Avalon, $2,625,000, SOLD MLS#: 174252
4603 Fifth Avenue, Avalon, $3,400,000, SOLD MLS#: 175456
7 106th Street, Stone Harbor, $4,375,000, SOLD MLS#: 175057