THE TOWNSEND’S INLET BRIDGE was closed to traffic earlier this week due to cracks found in its support structure during an underwater inspection. Cracks and movement of underwater piles were identified approximately 20 feet below the surface. The bridge will be closed indefinitely until repairs can be made.
BEACH REPLENISHMENT DELAY: A mechanical problem aboard the dredge Texas has stopped beach replenishment work in Avalon until repairs can be made. The Texas will be repaired in Cape May, but may be gone for one to two weeks before resuming operations. About five weeks of work remain on Avalon’s beaches from 9th to 30th Streets, before a third component of the project begins on beaches in southern Avalon and northern Stone Harbor.
Golden afternoon sunshine highlights homes along Avalon’s Bayfront.
BOATERS IN NEW JERSEY are required to have a boating license before operating a vessel. The US Coast Guard Auxiliary has made it easy to locate a Boating Safety Class online. Simply click this link and enter your zip code to find a nearby class: http://wow.uscgaux.
OPEN! OPEN! OPEN! Everywhere you turn local shops and restaurants are opening their doors and preparing for the season. Whether you need a bagel from Avalon Coffee this weekend, breakfast at Uncle Bill’s, lunch at the Pudgie Pelican, or dinner at the Concord, you’re in luck! You can even catch evening entertainment at The Windrift on Friday & Saturday nights!
SUMMER FLOUNDER REGULATIONS are being appealed by New Jersey’s representatives to the Atlantic Marine Fisheries Commission. The commission had ordered a 34% reduction in the state’s summer flounder quota, increasing the minimum catch size from 18 inches to 19 inches. Among the reasons cited for the appeal are the discarding of undersized fish that are hooked (leading to mortality), and the keeping of larger fish, most of which are females of reproductive age. Recreational and commercial fishing employs an estimated 65,000 people in New Jersey, generating $2.5 billion for the economy.
MAKE YOUR SUMMER PLANS NOW! If you haven’t already booked your summer vacation, now is the time! Call or email me to get started! Better yet, why not consider purchasing a shore property to extend your vacation throughout the year?
- Cape May-Lewis Ferry Beer Dinner featuring beers of Ludlam Island Brewery, details at www.capemaylewesferry.com, reservations at 1-800-643-3779, Cape May Ferry Terminal, 5:30PM, Friday, April 7
- Avalon Home & Land Owners Association Community Connections Event, Avalon Community Hall, 9:30AM start, Saturday, April 8
- Easter EggstravaganZoo, Easter egg hunt at 10AM, photos with the Easter bunny, displays, crafts, live animals, Cape May County Zoo, 10AM-2PM, Saturday, April 8
- Easter Egg Hunt, Stone Harbor Fire Company on 96th Street, 1-2PM, Saturday, April 8
- Big Band Dance featuring the Fred Hall Band, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, April 8
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society Presents the Al Harrison Dixieland Band, proceeds donated to the Food Bank of Southern Jersey, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, 2-4PM, Sunday, April 9
- Wetlands Institute Turtle Festival, pancake breakfast, activities & fun for all the family, www.wetlandsinstitute.
org for details, 609-368-1211 for reservations & tickets, 9AM start, Saturday, April 15
- Avalon’s Easter Egg Hunt, 8th-12th Street recreation fields, 10AM, Saturday, April 15
- Creative Writing Seminar, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, April 15
- Atlantic City Jazz Band Performance, Avalon Free Public Library, 1-2PM, Saturday, April 15
- Night Walk at the Zoo, www.cmczoo.com or 609-
463-4135 for details, Cape May County Zoo, 6-30-8:30PM, Friday, April 21
- Stone Harbor Beach Sweep, Volunteers Needed, meet at the 95th Street beach entrance at 9AM, Saturday, April 22
- Stone Harbor Job Fair, Coffee Talk at 299-97th Street, 11AM-3PM, Sat
urday, April 22
- Avalon’s Bulk Pick-up, items to curb from Saturday, April 29 thru Monday, May 8 with pick-up beginning on Tuesday, May 9
- 12th Annual Golf Tournament for Brendan’s Fund, www.brendansfund.org for info, Stone Harbor Country Club, 10AM, Friday, May 5
- Avalon Garden Club Plant Sale, Community Hall, noon-4PM on Friday, May 5 & 9AM-4PM on Saturday, May 6
- Stone Harbor’s Spring Tide Festival, 96th Street, 11AM-5PM, Saturda
y, May 6, http://stoneharbornj.org/ for more info.
- Avalon Wine & Spirits Festival, 200 high-end wines & spirits, hors d’oeures by island restaurants, silent auction, music, go to www.visitavalonnj.com for details, Avalon’s Community Hall, 6:30PM, Friday, May 12
This 5 bedroom, 3-story townhouse with a garage is in move-in ready condition. It is located 2 blocks to a beautiful wide beach and a short walk to everything downtown Avalon offers. Take a look!
This move-in ready, renovated 4 bedroom/3 bath townhouse is located near the Stone Harbor Recreation Center and the beach. Take a look, it’s charming and the price is right.
Enjoy the stunning channel and sunset view from this beautiful move-in ready home. With a pool, third floor observation deck, and walking distance to town, this property is a winner.
This renovated bayfront is loaded with charm and views. Sold fully furnished, it makes you feel good just being inside. With a large master bedroom deck, detached two-car garage and room for a pool, it is priced right.
Have you been dreaming of being on the bay with your own boat slip, unobstructed sunset and wetlands views, yet be just 1.5 blocks to Avalon’s best beaches? If so, you need to look at this totally renovated, interior and exterior, 5 bedroom townhome with a garage, at Turtle Cove.
This one-of-a-kind 7 bedroom, 4,800 sq. ft. home with wrap-around decks, large pool and cabana, and ocean views, sits on a huge 100′ x 110′ lot. With the added plus of being located in one of the nicest sections of Stone Harbor, this home is a winner!
135 87th St., Stone Harbor, $2,950,000, ACTIVE MLS# 172176 – PRICE REDUCED!
Have you been looking to build on a nice beach block with no poles and a wide beach? This 4th back lot on the south side of the street was just reduced and may be just the ticket!
129 114th St., Stone Harbor, $1,875,000, ACTIVE MLS# 169704 – PRICE REDUCED!
7929 Dune Drive Unit 307, Avalon, $310,000, SOLD MLS#: 173932
7 Weber Court, Stone Harbor, $350,000, SOLD MLS#: 169347
1471 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $622,000, SOLD MLS#: 171828
704 Old Avalon Boulevard, Avalon Manor, $670,000, SOLD MLS#: 173411
371 40th Street, Avalon, $782,500, SOLD MLS#: 169897
260 105 Street, Stone Harbor, $785,000, SOLD MLS#: 173838
221 17th Street, Avalon, $950,000, SOLD MLS#: 174596
2208 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,050,000, SOLD MLS#: 174149
3229 Dune Drive, Avalon, $1,112,500, SOLD MLS#: 172991
6801 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,200,000, SOLD MLS#: 174620
2181 Harbor Avenue, Avalon, $1,240,000, SOLD MLS#: 174637
313 76th Street, Avalon, $1,379,000, SOLD MLS#: 170440
9807 First Avenue, Stone Harbor, $1,655,000, SOLD MLS#: 168783
4785 Fourth Avenue, Avalon, $2,100,000, SOLD MLS#: 167533
159 86th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,690,000, SOLD MLS#: 174226
4316 Fourth Avenue, Avalon, $3,175,000, SOLD MLS#: 175136
10032 Corinthian, Stone Harbor, $4,300,000, SOLD MLS#: 170339