THE NUMBER OF SALES & THE MEDIAN SALE PRICE have increased over last year, while the number of active listings has decreased. 33 properties sold last month in Avalon & Stone Harbor, and 35 more were placed under contract. If you have been considering selling your home, the market is strong, inventory is down, and the buyers are here. Call me and let’s discuss your needs.
THE TOWNSEND’S INLET BRIDGE remains closed, but temporary repairs may be completed in time for it to reopen for the Memorial Day Weekend and the summer season. Permanent repairs will be made next winter. Locals and visitors alike are hoping the bridge will be open, preventing the need to take “the long way around,” which can take a half hour or more in summer traffic. The bridge has been closed since a routine inspection revealed a crack in the structure 20 feet beneath the water’s surface.
OTHER BRIDGES in Cape May County are undergoing fender replacement projects, providing protection to bridges from passing marine traffic. Two bridges over the Cape May Canal, plus one over Grassy Sound and one over Beach Creek (both on North Wildwood Boulevard) will have their existing fender structures replaced, including timber piles.
WINE TASTING, ANYONE? Two upcoming events will delight wine tasters! On Friday, May 12th the Avalon Wine & Spirits Festival takes place at Community Hall. For details and tickets, click here: http://visitavalonnj.
On Saturday, May 13th the Klink! Wine Tasting Event will be held in Atlantic City at the Resorts Casino Hotel. For details and tickets, click here: https://resortsac.com/
SPRING CLEAN UP TIME! It’s time to clean up and clean out! Avalon – Bulk trash may be placed curbside beginning May 5th and must be out by Sunday night May 14th. Pick up will be on Monday, May 15th. In Stone Harbor, bulk trash items can be placed curbside up to 72 hours prior to the Monday, May 15th pick up date.
ANOTHER OPTION for new or gently used furniture, applicances, and home accessories is Habitat for Humanity’s ReStore in Cape May Court House, where donations are warmly welcomed.
PLANNING AHEAD FOR SUMMER FUN? You can put “Fireworks!” on your calendar twice this summer! Stone Harbor’s fireworks display will take place Sunday, July 2nd, followed by Avalon’s on Tuesday, July 4th. Catch them both and really stretch out the holiday weekend!
- Avalon’s Bulk Pick-up, items to curb from Saturday, April 29 thru Monday, May 8 with pick-up beginning on Tuesday, May 9
- Avalon Historical Society Photography Contest and Exhibit, visit www.avalonhistorycenter.
org for info, photos will be on display throughout the month, contest begins on Monday, May 1
- 12th Annual Golf Tournament for Brendan’s Fund, www.brendansfund.org for info, Stone Harbor Golf Club, 10AM, Friday, May 5
- Avalon Garden Club Plant Sale, Community Hall, Noon-4PM on Friday, May 5 & 9AM-4PM on Saturday, May 6
- Stone Harbor’s Spring Tide Festival, visit www.stoneharbor.org for info, 96th Street, 11AM-5PM, Saturda
y, May 6
- Avalon Wine & Spirits Festival, 200 high-end wines & spirits, hors d’oeuvres by island restaurants, silent auction, music, go to www.visitavalon.com for info, Avalon’s Community Hall, 6:30PM, Friday, May 12
- Avalon’s paper shredding day, Firehouse hoagie sale, Bicycle auction, Lions Club yard sale, www.avalonboro.net for info, Saturday, May 13
- Avalon Yard Sale, map pickup at 8AM at Avalon Community Hall, Saturday, May 13
- Stone Harbor Garden Club Plant and Bake Sale, 95th Street Water Tower Plaza, 8AM-1PM, Saturday, May 13
- Cops and Coffee Event with the Avalon police, Pudgie Pelican Restaurant, 9AM, Saturday, May 13
- Wetlands Institute Native Plant Sale, 9:30AM-4:30PM, Saturday
& Sunday, May 13 & 14
- Stone Harbor’s Bulk Pick-up, items to curb up to 72 hours prior to pick up on Monday, May 15
- Bishop McHugh’s 17th Annual Golf Tournament, Stone Harbor Golf Club, www.bishopmchugh.com for info, 11AM, Friday, May 19
- Stone Harbor Garden Club Community Yard Sale, Women’s Civic Club on 96th Street, 8AM-2PM, Saturday
, May 20
- Wetlands Institute Spring Shorebird & Horseshoe Crab Festival, www.
wetlandsinstitute.org for info, 9:30AM-4:30PM, Saturday & Sunday, May 20 & 21
- Mayor’s Cup Bocce Tournament and Avalon Borough’s 125th Anniversary Celebration, www.
avalonrecreation.org for info, ceremony at 9:30AM, Mayor’s Cup and activities at 10AM, Saturday, May 20
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society Presents Midiri Brothers Traditional Jazz, proceeds donated to the Food Bank of Southern Jersey, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, 2-4PM, Sunday, May 21
- Stone Harbor Beach Opening Ceremony, 95th Street & the beach, 9:30AM, Friday, May 26
- NFIP Flood Insurance Seminar, bring your flood elevation certificate for a free review, Stone Harbor Library, www.stoneharbor.org
for info, 1-3PM, Saturday, June 17
This move-in ready, renovated 4 bedroom/3 bath townhouse is located near the Stone Harbor Recreation Center and the beach. Take a look, it’s charming and the price is right.
Enjoy the stunning channel and sunset view from this beautiful move-in ready home. With a pool, third floor observation deck, and walking distance to town, this property is a winner.
This renovated bayfront is loaded with charm and views. Sold fully furnished, it makes you feel good just being inside. With a large master bedroom deck, detached two-car garage and room for a pool, it is priced right.
Have you been dreaming of being on the bay with your own boat slip, unobstructed sunset and wetlands views, yet be just 1.5 blocks to Avalon’s best beaches? If so, you need to look at this totally renovated, interior and exterior, 5 bedroom townhome with a garage, at Turtle Cove.
6680 Ocean Dr., North, Avalon. $1,694,000, ACTIVE MLS# 174082 – PRICE REDUCED!
This one-of-a-kind 7 bedroom, 4,800 sq. ft. home with wrap-around decks, large pool and cabana, and ocean views, sits on a huge 100′ x 110′ lot. With the added plus of being located in one of the nicest sections of Stone Harbor, this home is a winner!
135 87th St., Stone Harbor, $2,950,000, ACTIVE MLS# 172176 – PRICE REDUCED!
Have you been looking to build on a nice beach block with no poles and a wide beach? This 4th back lot on the south side of the street was just reduced and may be just the ticket!
129 114th St., Stone Harbor, $1,850,000, ACTIVE MLS# 169704 – PRICE REDUCED!
7929 Dune Drive, Avalon, $300,000, SOLD MLS#: 174152
7929 Dune Drive, Unit 307, Avalon, $310,000, SOLD MLS#: 173932
8931 Second Ave. Unit 5, Stone Harbor, $451,587, SOLD MLS#: 173268
579 22nd Street, Avalon, $547,000, SOLD MLS#: 172999
295 78th Street, Avalon, $555,000, SOLD MLS#: 174920
266 21st Street, Avalon, $622,500, SOLD MLS#: 169345
242 29th Street, West Unit, Avalon, $640,000, SOLD MLS#: 173668
8124 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $665,000, SOLD MLS#: 166362
704 Old Avalon Boulevard, Avalon Manor, $670,000, SOLD MLS#: 173411
371 40th Street, Avalon, $782,500, SOLD MLS#: 169897
2607 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $820,000, SOLD MLS#: 174113
491 21st Street, Avalon, $875,000, SOLD MLS#: 173339
2928 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $900,000, SOLD MLS#: 171678
792 Sunrise Drive, Avalon, $1,075,000, SOLD MLS#: 172721
6592 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,160,000, SOLD MLS#: 174143
2179 Harbor Avenue, Avalon, $1,240,000, SOLD MLS#: 173777
288 63rd Street, Avalon, $1,500,000, SOLD MLS#: 173707
11020 Sunset Drive, Stone Harbor, $1,695,000, SOLD MLS#: 174177
304 77th Street, Avalon, $1,910,000, SOLD MLS#: 174466
33 W 12th Street, Avalon, $2,450,000, SOLD MLS#: 170253
45 E 16th Street, Avalon, $2,500,000, SOLD MLS#: 172596
11505 Paradise Drive, Stone Harbor, $2,526,950, SOLD MLS#: 174042
6902 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $3,800,000, SOLD MLS#: 171624
181 66th Street, Avalon, $4,750,000, SOLD MLS#: 172992