MORE THAN 10,000 sprigs of dune grass were planted during Avalon’s annual planting effort earlier this month. Avalon Elementary School students contributed, helping to plant 2,000 of them. Dune grass roots help to stabilize the dune system, providing protection during storm events.
BACK BAY DREDGING in Stone Harbor was completed March 31st. All waterways and private slips have been completed, and Sevenson Environmental is expected to finish demobilizing equipment by April 15th.
THUNDER IN THE SKY! For those who love military aircraft, there are two opportunities to catch dazzling aerial performances this summer. The US Navy Blue Angels will appear at the Millville Wheels & Wings Airshow Memorial Day weekend. And, for the second year in a row, the US Air Force Thunderbirds will perform at the Atlantic City Airshow August 23rd. Both jet teams offer an incredible display of power, speed, and precision flying that will impress any show attendee!
Colored clouds fill the sky as the sun sets over Cape May County’s wetlands.
A PLAN for expanded bike routes in Avalon was presented at last weekend’s Community Connections event. The plan includes additional bike lanes on First Avenue and Avalon Avenue, as well as signage to direct bike traffic. Funding will be sought through the Cape May County Open Space program, with completion possible in the fall of 2017.
91 PROPERTIES ARE UNDER CONTRACT in the local market—and 91 families are looking forward to their new shore home! Why not join them? Call or email me today—we’ll discuss your needs and begin looking for YOUR perfect shore home!
DOUG’S SEVEN MILE ISLAND NEWS will return the week of April 24th. Happy Easter to you & your family!
- Wetlands Institute Turtle Festival, pancake breakfast, activities & fun for all the family, www.wetlandsinstitute.
org for info, 609-368-1211 for reservations & tickets, 9AM start, Saturday, April 15
- Avalon’s Easter Egg Hunt, 8th-12th Street recreation fields, 10AM, Saturday, April 15
- Creative Writing Seminar, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, April 15
- Atlantic City Jazz Band Performance, Avalon Free Public Library, 1-2PM, Saturday, April 15
- Night Walk at the Zoo, www.cmczoo.com for info, Cape May County Zoo, 6:30-8:30PM, Friday, April 21
- Stone Harbor Beach Sweep, Volunteers Needed, meet at the 95th Street beach entrance at 9AM, Saturday, April 22
- Avalon Beach Sweep, Volunteers Needed, meet at the 32nd Street beach entrance at 9AM, Saturday, April 22
- Android Workshop, basics of Android OS, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Public Library, 10-11AM, Saturday, April 22
- IPhone Workshop for Beginners, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday April 22
- Stone Harbor Job Fair, Coffee Talk at 299-97th Street, 11AM-3PM,
Saturday, April 22
- Avalon’s Bulk Pick-up, items to curb from Saturday, April 29 thru Monday, May 8 with pick-up beginning on Tuesday, May 9
- 12th Annual Golf Tournament for Brendan’s Fund, www.brendansfund.org for info, Stone Harbor Golf Club, 10AM, Friday, May 5
- Avalon Garden Club Plant Sale, Community Hall, Noon-4PM on Friday, May 5 & 9AM-4PM on Saturday, May 6
- Stone Harbor’s Spring Tide Festival, visit www.stoneharbor.org for info, 96th Street, 11AM-5PM,
Saturday, May 6
- Avalon Wine & Spirits Festival, 200 high-end wines & spirits, hors d’oeuvres by island restaurants, silent auction, music, go towww.visitavalon.com for info, Avalon’s Community Hall, 6:30PM, Friday, May 12
- Avalon’s paper shredding day, Firehouse hoagie sale, Bicycle auction, Lions Club yard sale, www.avalonboro.net for info, Saturday, May 13
- Wetlands Institute Native Plant Sale, 9:30AM-4:30PM, Saturday
& Sunday, May 13 & 14
- Stone Harbor’s Bulk Pick-up, items to curb up to 72 hours prior to pick up on Monday, May 15
- Bishop McHugh’s 17th Annual Golf Tournament, Stone Harbor Golf Club, www.bishopmchugh.com for info, 11AM, Friday, May 19
- Stone Harbor Garden Club Community Yard Sale, Women’s Civic Club on 96th Street, 8AM-2PM,
Saturday, May 20
- Wetlands Institute Spring Shorebird & Horseshoe Crab Festival, www.
wetlandsinstitute.org for info, 9:30AM-4:30PM, Saturday & Sunday, May 20 & 21
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society Presents Midiri Brothers Traditional Jazz, proceeds donated to the Food Bank of Southern Jersey, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, 2-4PM, Sunday, May 21
This 5 bedroom, 3-story townhouse with a garage is in move-in ready condition. It is located 2 blocks to a beautiful wide beach and a short walk to everything downtown Avalon offers. Take a look!
This move-in ready, renovated 4 bedroom/3 bath townhouse is located near the Stone Harbor Recreation Center and the beach. Take a look, it’s charming and the price is right.
Enjoy the stunning channel and sunset view from this beautiful move-in ready home. With a pool, third floor observation deck, and walking distance to town, this property is a winner.
This renovated bayfront is loaded with charm and views. Sold fully furnished, it makes you feel good just being inside. With a large master bedroom deck, detached two-car garage and room for a pool, it is priced right.
Have you been dreaming of being on the bay with your own boat slip, unobstructed sunset and wetlands views, yet be just 1.5 blocks to Avalon’s best beaches? If so, you need to look at this totally renovated, interior and exterior, 5 bedroom townhome with a garage, at Turtle Cove.
6680 Ocean Dr., North, Avalon. $1,694,000, ACTIVE MLS# 174082 – PRICE REDUCED!
This one-of-a-kind 7 bedroom, 4,800 sq. ft. home with wrap-around decks, large pool and cabana, and ocean views, sits on a huge 100′ x 110′ lot. With the added plus of being located in one of the nicest sections of Stone Harbor, this home is a winner!
135 87th St., Stone Harbor, $2,950,000, ACTIVE MLS# 172176 – PRICE REDUCED!
Have you been looking to build on a nice beach block with no poles and a wide beach? This 4th back lot on the south side of the street was just reduced and may be just the ticket!
129 114th St., Stone Harbor, $1,850,000, ACTIVE MLS# 169704 – PRICE REDUCED!
1809 First Avenue, Avalon, $3,950,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 175616
8001 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, $425,000, SOLD MLS#: 171315
2168 Sixth Avenue, Avalon, $742,500, SOLD MLS#: 174691
270 28th Street, Avalon, $795,000, SOLD MLS#: 172581
464 20th Street, Avalon, $965,000, SOLD MLS#: 174445
334 92nd Street, Stone Harbor, $1,130,000, SOLD MLS#: 173728
255 104th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,425,000, SOLD MLS#: 169672
157 69th Street, Avalon, $4,000,000, SOLD MLS#: 171812