ABOUT 20,000 CUBIC YARDS OF SAND are being added to Stone Harbor’s beaches each day. At the most recent beach fill progress meeting last week, officials said about 160,000 cubic yards of sand still needed to be pumped. On or about March 15th (barring weather or mechanical delays) the dredge Texas will move from Hereford Inlet to Townsend’s Inlet and begin pumping sand in Avalon. Some pipes and equipment are already mobilized in Avalon, including a large pipe crossing the jetty onto the beach at 8th Street.
A large dredge pipe crosses Avalon’s 8th Street jetty, awaiting the start of Avalon’s portion of the beach replenishment project.
YES, THERE’S AN APP FOR THAT! Purchase your 2017 Avalon, Stone Harbor, or Sea Isle City beach tags via the Viply app. Download the app from the App Store or Google Play, then purchase your tags. Tags may be picked up in town by opening the app and scanning a code. In Avalon, pick up tags at the beach tag office at 30th Street & Dune Drive after April 1st. In Stone Harbor, pick up tags at Borough Hall. In Sea Isle City, pick up tags at the Sea Isle Welcome Center or Borough Hall.
SPRING FORWARD on your clocks this weekend, as we enter Daylight Savings Time again. Gaining an extra minute of sunshine each day is great, but gaining an extra hour at the end of the day is a real treat! (The semi-annual changing of the clocks is also a great time to check your smoke detector batteries, too!)
THE STONE HARBOR SHIVER takes place Saturday, March 11th, on 96th Street in Stone Harbor. Festivities begin Friday evening with a pre-party open to the public at the Stone Harbor Yacht Club, followed by Keg-n-Eggs Saturday morning at Fred’s Tavern at 9:30am. At noon Shiver participants will parade down 96th Street toward the Women’s Civic Club at the beach. The event will be emceed by Press of Atlantic City Meteorologist Dan Skeldon. In case you’re wondering, the current forecast calls for a daytime high of 34 degrees, combined with a chilly northwest breeze. Don’t worry, the ocean water temperature is a comfy 42 degrees! To register for the event visit http://www.active.com/
- Stone Harbor Shiver Event, registration at 9:30AM at Fred’s Tavern, parade at 11:45AM leading to the plunge at the 96th Street beach, Saturday, March 11
- Avalon Home & Land Owners Association 2017 Budget Presentation by Council members Chuck Covington & Dr. Nancy Hudanich, Avalon Senior Center, 10AM, Saturday, March 11
- Sea Isle City’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade & Celebration, 3:30PM, Saturday, March 11
- Big Band Dance featuring Craig Satchell’s Jazz & Swing Ensemble, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, March 11
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society presents the Midiri Brothers Jazz Band, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street in Cape May, 2-4PM, Sunday, March 12
- Stone Harbor Bulk Pick-up, items curbside up to 72 hours prior to pick up, Monday, March 13
- Creative Writing Workshop, call 609-967-7155 for info, Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, March 18
- Irish Dance Performance by the Emerald Isle Academy of Irish Dance in celebration of St. Patty’s Day, Avalon Free Public Library, 1-1:45PM, Saturday, March 18
- Ocean Drive Marathon & Ocean Drive 10Miler Course, through Stone Harbor, Avalon, Sea Isle City, more, visit http://www.odmarathon.
org for details, 9AM, Sunday, March 26
- Cape May-Lewes Ferry Wine Dinner featuring wines of Hawk Haven Vineyard, Cape May Ferry Terminal, www.
CapeMayLewesFerry.com for info, 5:30-8:30PM, Friday, March 31
- Wetlands Institute Covered Dish Supper, topic will be Pond Creek Restoration presented by David M. Golden, Assistant Director at NJ Division of Fish & Wildlife, bring a dish to serve 8 to share, 6PM, Friday, March 31
- Kyle Brown Forever Our Superhero 5K Run & Family Fun Walk, Cape May County Zoo, 8AM, Saturday, April 1
- Avalon’s Spring Dune Grass Planting, Volunteers Needed, 609-967-3066 or 609-
967-5924 for info & registration, Avalon Community Hall, 8:30 AM, Saturday, April 1
- IPad Workshop, call 609-967-7155 for info, Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, April 1
- Landscape Lecture presented by Landscape Artist Scott Taylor, Avalon History Center, 1-2PM, Saturday, April 1
- Cape May-Lewis Ferry Beer Dinner featuring beers of Ludlam Island Brewery, Cape May Terminal, reservations at 1-800-643-3779, 5:30PM,
Friday, April 7
- Avalon Home & Land Owners Association Community Connections Event, Avalon Community Hall, 9:30AM start, Saturday, April 8
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society Presents the Al Harrison Dixieland Band, proceeds donated to the Food Bank of Southern Jersey, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, 2-4PM, Sunday, April 9
Enjoy the stunning channel and sunset view from this beautiful move-in ready home. With a pool, third floor observation deck, and walking distance to town, this property is a winner.
8800 Sunset Dr., Stone Harbor, $1,995,000, ACTIVE MLS# 174945
This renovated bayfront is loaded with charm and views. Sold fully furnished, it makes you feel good just being inside. With a large master bedroom deck, detached two-car garage and room for a pool, it is priced right.
4738 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $2,495,000, ACTIVE MLS# 173542
Have you been dreaming of being on the bay with your own boat slip, unobstructed sunset and wetlands views, yet be just 1.5 blocks to Avalon’s best beaches? If so, you need to look at this totally renovated, interior and exterior, 5 bedroom townhome with a garage, at Turtle Cove.
6680 Ocean Dr., North, Avalon. $1,695,000, ACTIVE MLS# 174082
This one-of-a-kind 7 bedroom, 4,800 sq. ft. home with wrap-around decks, large pool and cabana, and ocean views, sits on a huge 100′ x 110′ lot. With the added plus of being located in one of the nicest sections of Stone Harbor, this home is a winner!
135 87th St., Stone Harbor, $2,950,000, ACTIVE MLS# 172176 – PRICE REDUCED!
Have you been looking to build on a nice beach block with no poles and a wide beach? This 4th back lot on the south side of the street was just reduced and may be just the ticket!
129 114th St., Stone Harbor, $1,875,000, ACTIVE MLS# 169704 – PRICE REDUCED!
351 96th Street #406, Stone Harbor, $719,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 174900
11007 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $995,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 174959
11007 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $995,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 174960
1594 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,275,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 174918
10626 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $1,299,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 174993
663 W Sunrise Drive, Avalon, $1,899,500, ACTIVE MLS#: 175004
8800 Sunset Drive, Stone Harbor, $1,995,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 174945
282 87th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,395,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 174896
10607 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $2,495,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 174951
214 50th Street, Avalon, $2,950,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 174997
161 10th Street, Avalon, $1,000,000, SOLD MLS#: 171532
33 Marine Way, Avalon, $1,150,000, SOLD MLS#: 172489
139 12th Street, Avalon, $1,200,000, SOLD MLS#: 173115
3088 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,462,500, SOLD MLS#: 174323
298 90th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,275,000, SOLD MLS#: 168066
189 63rd Street, Avalon, $3,550,000, SOLD MLS#: 172469