WELL, THAT PROVES IT! A Coastal Living Magazine article offers up a “scientific reason” for taking a beach vacation—proving what we already know to be true! The article cites a Michigan State University study that reveals being able to see blue spaces—such as the ocean—leads to lower levels of “psychological distress.” Anyone who has stepped onto the beach, taken a look at the ocean, and let out a great big “aaahhhhhh!” will surely concur! For a look at the Coastal Living article, click here: http://www.
Sand from Townsend’s Inlet is being pumped onto Avalon’s beaches by the dredge Texas. As of last week, 230,000 cubic yards of sand had been placed on Avalon’s beaches.
AVALON COUNCIL approved a zero increase municipal budget last week. The $27.8 million budget will result in no increase in the local purpose tax rate for 2017. Stone Harbor introduced a budget with a modest rate increase last week. Under the plan, the local tax rate would rise from $0.239 to $0.244 per $100 of assessed value. Another presentation of Stone Harbor’s budget will occur on Saturday, April 1st at 10am, with final approval scheduled for the April 4th borough council meeting.
AVALON, STONE HARBOR, AND SEA ISLE CITY have worked with Ocean City in a coordinated effort to develop a FEMA Hazard Mitigation Grant Program for the elevation of residential properties in the NFIP Special Flood Hazard Area. 75% funding is available for eligible elevation projects. Interested property owners should attend a meeting Saturday, April 1st at 10am at the Ocean City Public Library, 1735 Simpson Avenue, in Ocean City. For more details on the program, click here:
WHO OWNS THE SHORE? Philly.com has an interactive map showing just that! Select your favorite beach town and the Philly.com map will list the top five towns that shore property owners reside in, as well as the percentage of properties owned by residents.
- Cape May-Lewes Ferry Wine Dinner featuring wines of Hawk Haven Vineyard, Cape May Ferry Terminal, www.
CapeMayLewesFerry.com for info, 5:30-8:30PM, Friday, March 31
- Wetlands Institute Covered Dish Supper, topic will be Pond Creek Restoration presented by David M. Golden, Assistant Director at NJ Division of Fish & Wildlife, bring a dish to serve 8 to share, 6PM, Friday, March 31, http://wetlandsinstitute.
- Kyle Brown Forever Our Superhero 5K Run & Family Fun Walk, Cape May County Zoo, 8AM, Saturday, April 1
- Avalon’s Spring Dune Grass Planting, Volunteers Needed, 609-967-3066 or 609-
967-5924 for info & registration, Avalon Community Hall, 8:30 AM, Saturday, April 1
- IPad Workshop, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, April 1
- Landscape Lecture presented by Landscape Artist Scott Taylor, Avalon History Center, 1-2PM, Saturday, April 1
- Cape May-Lewis Ferry Beer Dinner featuring beers of Ludlam Island Brewery, Cape May Terminal, reservations at 1-800-643-3779, 5:30PM, Fri
day, April 7
- Avalon Home & Land Owners Association Community Connections Event, Avalon Community Hall, 9:30AM start, Saturday, April 8
- Easter EggstravaganZoo, Easter egg hunt at 10AM, photos with the Easter bunny, displays, crafts, live animals, Cape May County Zoo, 10AM-2PM, Saturday, April 8
- Easter Egg Hunt, Stone Harbor Fire Company on 96th Street, 1-2PM, Saturday, April 8
- Big Band Dance featuring the Fred Hall Band, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, April 8
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society Presents the Al Harrison Dixieland Band, proceeds donated to the Food Bank of Southern Jersey, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, 2-4PM, Sunday, April 9
- Wetlands Institute Turtle Festival, pancake breakfast, activities & fun for all the family, 609-368-1211 for reservations & tickets, 9AM start, Saturday, April 15
- Avalon’s Easter Egg Hunt, 8th-12th Street recreation fields, 10AM, Saturday, April 15
- Creative Writing Seminar, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, April 15
- Atlantic City Jazz Band Performance, Avalon Free Public Library, 1-2PM, Saturday, April 15
- Night Walk at the Zoo, call 609-463-4135 for info, Cape May County Zoo, 6-30-8:30PM, Friday, April 21
- Stone Harbor Beach Sweep, Volunteers Needed, meet at the 95th Street beach entrance at 9AM, Saturday, April 22
- Stone Harbor Job Fair, Coffee Talk at 299-97th Street, 11AM-3PM, Sat
urday, April 22
This move-in ready, renovated 4 bedroom/3 bath townhouse is located near the Stone Harbor Recreation Center and the beach. Take a look, it’s charming and the price is right.
229 81st St., Stone Harbor, $849,000, ACTIVE MLS# 173868
Enjoy the stunning channel and sunset view from this beautiful move-in ready home. With a pool, third floor observation deck, and walking distance to town, this property is a winner.
8800 Sunset Dr., Stone Harbor, $1,995,000, ACTIVE MLS# 174945
This renovated bayfront is loaded with charm and views. Sold fully furnished, it makes you feel good just being inside. With a large master bedroom deck, detached two-car garage and room for a pool, it is priced right.
4738 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $2,495,000, ACTIVE MLS# 173542
Have you been dreaming of being on the bay with your own boat slip, unobstructed sunset and wetlands views, yet be just 1.5 blocks to Avalon’s best beaches? If so, you need to look at this totally renovated, interior and exterior, 5 bedroom townhome with a garage, at Turtle Cove.
6680 Ocean Dr., North, Avalon. $1,695,000, ACTIVE MLS# 174082
This one-of-a-kind 7 bedroom, 4,800 sq. ft. home with wrap-around decks, large pool and cabana, and ocean views, sits on a huge 100′ x 110′ lot. With the added plus of being located in one of the nicest sections of Stone Harbor, this home is a winner!
135 87th St., Stone Harbor, $2,950,000, ACTIVE MLS# 172176 – PRICE REDUCED!
Have you been looking to build on a nice beach block with no poles and a wide beach? This 4th back lot on the south side of the street was just reduced and may be just the ticket!
129 114th St., Stone Harbor, $1,875,000, ACTIVE MLS# 169704 – PRICE REDUCED!
535 Old Avalon Boulevard, Avalon Manor, $145,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 175288
2019 Harbor Avenue, 2nd Floor, Unit B, Avalon, $695,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 175341
263 27th Street, Avalon, $969,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 175359
14 E 27th Street, Avalon, $999,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 175357
502 7th Street, Avalon, $1,895,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 175335
309 76th Street, Avalon, $2,595,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 175305
155 98th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,925,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 175339
127 94th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,975,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 175366
112 115th Street, Stone Harbor, $3,250,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 175280
1 1st Drive, Stone Harbor Manor, $630,000, SOLD MLS#: 171127
592 21st Street, Avalon, $877,000, SOLD MLS#: 171305