MARKET STATS: February 2017 sales increased over February 2016, as did median sale prices. 47 properties were under contract–double the figure from last February. Sales are strong, buyers are in the market, and inventory is down. If you have been considering selling your property, the market is right and buyers are ready. Call me to discuss your property and your needs.
TUGBOATS, A BARGE, AND THE DREDGE TEXAS can be seen in and around Townsend’s Inlet as beach replenishment work has moved to Avalon’s north end beaches. According to the latest project report over 135,000 cubic yards of sand have been pumped onto Avalon’s beaches beginning at 9th Street. In Stone Harbor, where pumping has concluded, beach access paths are now being reconstructed. A third component of the pumping project will add sand to Avalon’s southernmost beaches beginning at 77th Street, running toward Stone Harbor’s 83rd Street beach.
THE OCEAN DRIVE MARATHON will take place Sunday, March 27th, with runners passing through Avalon & Stone Harbor twice. The event will begin in Sea Isle City, with runners travelling southward through Avalon and Stone Harbor. The new out-and-back style course has runners turning around near North Wildwood Boulevard, and travelling northward through Stone Harbor and Avalon, back to Sea Isle City.
A DOLPHIN found itself stuck on the beach in North Wildwood earlier this week, after swimming too close to shore. When it became apparent the dolphin was unable to free itself, personnel from the US Coast Guard and the Marine Mammal Stranding Center assisted the dolphin by providing medical attention and then moving it to deeper water.
Last Friday an early morning fire destroyed two homes where Seagull Drive meets Pelican Drive. Avalon fire fighters battled the blaze with help from Stone Harbor, Rio Grande, Marmora, Green Creek, Goshen, Cape May Court House, Ocean View, and Seaville fire companies. The fire was brought under control at around 9am but crews remained on scene for several hours wetting down hot spots. An occupant and her infant son escaped from the Seagull Drive home; the Pelican Drive home was unoccupied. No one was injured.
- Ocean Drive Marathon 10 mile course through Stone Harbor, Avalon, Sea Isle City, more, visit http://www.odmarathon.
org for details, 9AM, Sunday, March 26
- Cape May-Lewes Ferry Wine Dinner featuring wines of Hawk Haven Vineyard, Cape May Ferry Terminal, www.
CapeMayLewesFerry.com for info, 5:30-8:30PM, Friday, March 31
- Wetlands Institute Covered Dish Supper, topic will be Pond Creek Restoration presented by David M. Golden, Assistant Director at NJ Division of Fish & Wildlife, bring a dish to serve 8 to share, 6PM, Friday, March 31
- Kyle Brown Forever Our Superhero 5K Run & Family Fun Walk, Cape May County Zoo, 8AM, Saturday, April 1
- Avalon’s Spring Dune Grass Planting, Volunteers Needed, 609-967-3066 or 609-
967-5924 for info & registration, Avalon Community Hall, 8:30 AM, Saturday, April 1
- IPad Workshop, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, April 1
- Landscape Lecture presented by Landscape Artist Scott Taylor, Avalon History Center, 1-2PM, Saturday, April 1
- Cape May-Lewis Ferry Beer Dinner featuring beers of Ludlam Island Brewery, Cape May Terminal, reservations at 1-800-643-3779, 5:30PM,
Friday, April 7
- Avalon Home & Land Owners Association Community Connections Event, Avalon Community Hall, 9:30AM start, Saturday, April 8
- Easter EggstravaganZoo, Easter egg hunt at 10AM, photos with the Easter bunny, displays, crafts, live animals, Cape May County Zoo, 10AM-2PM, Saturday, April 8
- Easter Egg Hunt, Stone Harbor Fire Company on 96th Street, 1-2PM, Saturday, April 8
- Big Band Dance featuring the Fred Hall Band, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, April 8
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society Presents the Al Harrison Dixieland Band, proceeds donated to the Food Bank of Southern Jersey, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, 2-4PM, Sunday, April 9
- Wetlands Institute Turtle Festival, pancake breakfast, activities & fun for all the family, 609-368-1211 for reservations & tickets, 9AM start, Saturday, April 15
- Avalon’s Easter Egg Hunt, 8th-12th Street recreation fields, 10AM, Saturday, April 15
- Creative Writing Seminar, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, April 15
- Atlantic City Jazz Band Performance, Avalon Free Public Library, 1-2PM, Saturday, April 15
- Night Walk at the Zoo, call 609-463-4135 for info, Cape May County Zoo, 6-30-8:30PM, Friday, April 21
- Stone Harbor Job Fair, Coffee Talk at 299-97th Street in Stone Harbor, 10AM-2PM, Saturday, April 22
Enjoy the stunning channel and sunset view from this beautiful move-in ready home. With a pool, third floor observation deck, and walking distance to town, this property is a winner.
This renovated bayfront is loaded with charm and views. Sold fully furnished, it makes you feel good just being inside. With a large master bedroom deck, detached two-car garage and room for a pool, it is priced right.
Have you been dreaming of being on the bay with your own boat slip, unobstructed sunset and wetlands views, yet be just 1.5 blocks to Avalon’s best beaches? If so, you need to look at this totally renovated, interior and exterior, 5 bedroom townhome with a garage, at Turtle Cove.
This one-of-a-kind 7 bedroom, 4,800 sq. ft. home with wrap-around decks, large pool and cabana, and ocean views, sits on a huge 100′ x 110′ lot. With the added plus of being located in one of the nicest sections of Stone Harbor, this home is a winner!
135 87th St., Stone Harbor, $2,950,000, ACTIVE MLS# 172176 – PRICE REDUCED!
Have you been looking to build on a nice beach block with no poles and a wide beach? This 4th back lot on the south side of the street was just reduced and may be just the ticket!
129 114th St., Stone Harbor, $1,875,000, ACTIVE MLS# 169704 – PRICE REDUCED!
779 Stone harbor Blvd., Stone Harbor Manor, $195,000, SOLD MLS#: 170876
66 E. 20th Street Street, Avalon, $625,000, SOLD MLS#: 172910
309 76th Street, Avalon, $1,325,000, SOLD MLS#: 173394
10 E. 16th Street, Avalon, $1,925,000, SOLD MLS#: 174416
4498 Fourth Avenue, Avalon, $2,000,000, SOLD MLS#: 172821
431 24th Street, Avalon, $2,450,000, SOLD MLS#: 170094
7354 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $3,275,000, SOLD MLS#: 171646