THE DREDGE TEXAS was towed to Cape May last week for routine repairs, according to the latest beach replenishment project update. The Stone Harbor portion of the project is complete with 394,000 cubic yards of sand having been placed on the beach. When the Texas returns, work will begin in Avalon, where 940,000 cubic yards of sand are expected to be pumped onto the beaches from 9th Street to 30th Street. The Army Corps of Engineers is considering an additional proposal that would have another 340,000 cubic yards of sand pumped onto beaches from 77th Street in Avalon to 105th Street in Stone Harbor.
FOR AN AMAZING AERIAL VIEW of Avalon’s beaches prior to the replenishment project, click here: https://www.youtube.
Click the above link for an aerial video of Avalon’s beaches prior to the replenishment project.
WHILE THE I-95 CORRIDOR and points north & west saw lots of snow this week, we had only rain and wind here on the Island. The strongest northeast winds lasted only a short time, resulting in tides that were slightly higher than normal. By mid-day Tuesday winds had shifted to the northwest and subsided.
SUMMER JOB FAIR: Stone Harbor will hold a summer job fair at Coffee Talk on 97th Street. Stop by on Saturday, April 22nd, from 10am to 2pm.
THE MISS AVALON opens her fishing season in just a few weeks, on April 8th! One more sign that spring is near!
COAST GUARD CUTTER TOURS will be offered at the Coast Guard Community Festival May 6-7, in Cape May. One of the two new 154-foot Fast Response Cutters stationed in Cape May will be open for public tours on Saturday, May 6. For more details visit: http://
- Creative Writing Workshop, call 609-967-7155 to register, Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, March 18
- Irish Dance Performance by the Emerald Isle Academy of Irish Dance in celebration of St. Patty’s Day, Avalon Free Public Library, 1-1:45PM, Saturday, March 18
- Ocean Drive Marathon & Ocean Drive 10Miler Course, through Stone Harbor, Avalon, Sea Isle City, more, visit http://www.odmarathon.
org for details, 9AM, Sunday, March 26
- Cape May-Lewes Ferry Wine Dinner featuring wines of Hawk Haven Vineyard, Cape May Ferry Terminal, www.
CapeMayLewesFerry.com for info, 5:30-8:30PM, Friday, March 31
- Wetlands Institute Covered Dish Supper, topic will be Pond Creek Restoration presented by David M. Golden, Assistant Director at NJ Division of Fish & Wildlife, bring a dish to serve 8 to share, 6PM, Friday, March 31
- Kyle Brown Forever Our Superhero 5K Run & Family Fun Walk, Cape May County Zoo, 8AM, Saturday, April 1
- Avalon’s Spring Dune Grass Planting, Volunteers Needed, 609-967-3066 or 609-
967-5924 for info & registration, Avalon Community Hall, 8:30 AM, Saturday, April 1
- IPad Workshop, call 609-967-7155 for info, Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, April 1
- Landscape Lecture presented by Landscape Artist Scott Taylor, Avalon History Center, 1-2PM, Saturday, April 1
- Cape May-Lewis Ferry Beer Dinner featuring beers of Ludlam Island Brewery, Cape May Terminal, reservations at 1-800-643-3779, 5:30PM,
Friday, April 7
- Avalon Home & Land Owners Association Community Connections Event, Avalon Community Hall, 9:30AM start, Saturday, April 8
- Big Band Dance featuring the Fred Hall Band, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, April 8
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society Presents the Al Harrison Dixieland Band, proceeds donated to the Food Bank of Southern Jersey, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, 2-4PM, Sunday, April 9
- Wetlands Institute Turtle Festival, pancake breakfast, activities & fun for all the family, 609-368-1211 for reservations & tickets, 9AM start, Saturday, April 15
- Creative Writing Seminar, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, April 15
- Atlantic City Jazz Band Performance, Avalon Free Public Library, 1-2PM, Saturday, April 15
Enjoy the stunning channel and sunset view from this beautiful move-in ready home. With a pool, third floor observation deck, and walking distance to town, this property is a winner.
This renovated bayfront is loaded with charm and views. Sold fully furnished, it makes you feel good just being inside. With a large master bedroom deck, detached two-car garage and room for a pool, it is priced right.
Have you been dreaming of being on the bay with your own boat slip, unobstructed sunset and wetlands views, yet be just 1.5 blocks to Avalon’s best beaches? If so, you need to look at this totally renovated, interior and exterior, 5 bedroom townhome with a garage, at Turtle Cove.
This one-of-a-kind 7 bedroom, 4,800 sq. ft. home with wrap-around decks, large pool and cabana, and ocean views, sits on a huge 100′ x 110′ lot. With the added plus of being located in one of the nicest sections of Stone Harbor, this home is a winner!
135 87th St., Stone Harbor, $2,950,000, ACTIVE MLS# 172176 – PRICE REDUCED!
Have you been looking to build on a nice beach block with no poles and a wide beach? This 4th back lot on the south side of the street was just reduced and may be just the ticket!
129 114th St., Stone Harbor, $1,875,000, ACTIVE MLS# 169704 – PRICE REDUCED!
301 80th Street, Avalon, $565,000, SOLD MLS#: 172746
225 81st Street, Stone Harbor, $625,000, SOLD MLS#: 166318
2168 Fifth Avenue, Avalon, $740,000, SOLD MLS#: 171162
1116 Stone Harbor Blvd #201, Stone Harbor Manor, $749,000, SOLD MLS#: 170591
386 39th Street, Avalon, $865,000, SOLD MLS#: 173823
151 36th Street, Avalon, $1,510,000, SOLD MLS#: 174264
201 89th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,625,000, SOLD MLS#: 170027
7558 Dune Drive, Avalon, $2,650,000, SOLD MLS#: 174394
100 107th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,660,000, SOLD MLS#: 171197