A WARM PRESIDENT’S DAY WEEKEND brought sizable crowds to the shore. Temperatures near 70 combined with sunshine to give an early taste of spring. From the Polar Bear Plunge in Sea Isle City to strolling along Dune Drive and 96th Street, there were plenty of people on the islands enjoying the warm weather!
THE BEACH REPLENISHMENT project has begun, with the dredge Texas pumping sand from Hereford Inlet to fill about 400 feet of beach so far in Stone Harbor’s southern end, according to a recent report on the project. In about three weeks the dredge will move to Townsend’s Inlet and begin pumping sand onto Avalon’s beaches.
MARKET STATS: Strong demand led to a 27% increase in contracts written in January compared to a year ago, as active inventory continues to decline. Additional inventory is needed to meet strong market demand. If you have been considering selling your property, the market is in your favor. Call or send me an email and let’s discuss your property and requirements.
ReSTORE CONTRIBUTIONS NEEDED: Habitat for Humanity’s ReStore is set to open in May after an extensive renovation of its location in the former SuperFresh building in Cape May Court House. But in order to open, ReStore is in need of donated furniture, appliances, cabinets, building materials, and more. If you have household items to donate and wish to have them picked up, call (609) 463-0244.
COMING SOON TO OCEAN DRIVE: E-Z PASS. County Freeholders have approved the purchase of E-Z Pass equipment for the toll bridges on Ocean Drive. Hardware, software, and installation of the system on the five toll bridges could cost up to $500,000. Perhaps that will mean an end to stopping at a toll booth atop one of the bridges late at night during the wintertime, only to find a sign indicating that no toll would be collected as there was no toll taker on duty!
HELP ME HELP YOU! If you need something—anything—just let me know! Whether you want a review of the latest activity in your market segment, or you need a recommendation for a reliable contractor, I’m ready to help. Call or email me today!
- Windows 10 Hands-On: Google Chrome, installation & use of Google Chrome & all of its most popular features, call 609-967-7155 to register, Avalon Public Library, 6-8PM, Thursday, February 23
- Wetlands Institute Covered Dish Dinner, bring a dish for 8 to share, topic is Restoring Working Lands for NJ’s Rarest Turtle presented by Kristen Meistiell of the Southern Region of the NJ Audubon Society, 6-8PM, Friday, February 24
- North Wildwood’s Fallen Heroes Polar Bear Plunge, proceeds benefit the Philadelphia Police Fallen Heroes Fund, visit FallenHeroPlunge.com for details, 15th Street & the beach in North Wildwood, 11AM, Saturday, February 25
- Avalon’s Shop-A-Holics, The Princeton & The Whitebrier, designers, deals & drinks, Thursday–Saturday, March 2-4
- Cape May-Lewes Ferry Beer Dinner, Cape May Ferry Terminal, featuring beers from the Flying Fish Brewery,www.CapeMayLewesFerry.
com for details, 5:30PM, Friday, March 3
- Junior Zookeeper Day, exclusive glimpse into the day & life of a zookeeper for ages 10 & up, call 609-465-5271 for info & registration, Cape May County Zoo, 9AM-Noon, Saturday, March 4
- IPad Workshop, designed for beginners, Avalon Free Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon,
Saturday, March 4
- All Aboard! – talk about the history of the railroad in Avalon including old photos, Avalon History Center, 1-2PM, Saturday, March 4
- Stone Harbor Shiver Event, registration at 9:30AM at Fred’s Tavern, parade at 11:45AM leading to the plunge at the 96th Street beach, Saturday, March 11
- Avalon Home & Land Owners Association 2017 Budget Presentation by Council members Chuck Covington & Dr. Nancy Hudanich, Avalon Senior Center, 10AM, Saturday, March 11
- Sea Isle City’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade & Celebration, 3:30PM, Saturday, March 11
- Big Band Dance featuring Craig Satchell’s Jazz & Swing Ensemble, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, March 11
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society presents the Midiri Brothers Jazz Band, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street in Cape May, 2-4PM, Sunday, March 12
- Stone Harbor Bulk Pick-up, items curbside up to 72 hours prior to pick up, Monday, March 13
- Irish Dance Performance by the Emerald Isle Academy of Irish Dance in celebration of St. Patty’s Day, Avalon Free Public Library, 1-1:45PM, Saturday, March 18
- Ocean Drive Marathon & Ocean Drive 10Miler Course, through Stone Harbor, Avalon, Sea Isle City, more, visithttp://www.odmarathon.org
for details, 9AM, Sunday, March 26
- Cape May-Lewes Ferry Wine Dinner, Cape May Ferry Terminal, www.
CapeMayLewesFerry.com, for info, 5:30-8:30PM, Friday, March 31
- Avalon’s Spring Dune Grass Planting, Volunteers Needed, 609-967-3066 or 609-
967-5924 for info & registration, Avalon Community Hall, 8:30 AM, Saturday, April 1
- Avalon Home & Land Owners Association Community Connections Event, Avalon Community Hall, 9:30AM start, Saturday, April 8
- Creative Writing Seminar, register at 609-967-7155 Avalon Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, April 8
This renovated bayfront is loaded with charm and views. Sold fully furnished, it makes you feel good just being inside. With a large master bedroom deck, detached two-car garage and room for a pool, it is priced right.
Have you been dreaming of being on the bay with your own boat slip, unobstructed sunset and wetlands views, yet be just 1.5 blocks to Avalon’s best beaches? If so, you need to look at this totally renovated, interior and exterior, 5 bedroom townhome with a garage, at Turtle Cove.
Avalon south-end beach block delight! This move-in ready, beautiful 5 bedroom/5 bath/3 half-bath home is now the best beach block buy in Avalon. Only 4 homes on the block with no poles or wires, this property has lots of natural light, high great-room ceilings, pool & cabana, and 4,000 sq. ft. of summer enjoyment!
189 63rd St., Avalon, $3,995,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS# 172469
This one-of-a-kind 7 bedroom, 4,800 sq. ft. home with wrap-around decks, large pool and cabana, and ocean views, sits on a huge 100′ x 110′ lot. With the added plus of being located in one of the nicest sections of Stone Harbor, this home is a winner!
135 87th St., Stone Harbor, $2,950,000, ACTIVE MLS# 172176 – PRICE REDUCED!
Have you been looking to build on a nice beach block with no poles and a wide beach? This 4th back lot on the south side of the street was just reduced and may be just the ticket!
1116 Stone Harbor Blvd. #206, Stone Harbor Manor, $730,000, SOLD MLS#: 170597
10104 Sunrise North Side, Stone Harbor, $860,000, SOLD MLS#: 171680
251 36th Street, Avalon, $999,999, SOLD MLS#: 174621
288 85 Street, Stone Harbor, $1,120,000, SOLD MLS#: 171575
246 16th Street, Avalon, $1,593,000, SOLD MLS#: 174753
306 77th Street, Avalon, $2,060,000, SOLD MLS#: 169828