BEACH PROJECT: Strong winds over the weekend delayed the placement of the dredge “Texas” near Hereford Inlet due to safety concerns. The dredge was expected to move into position and begin pumping sand on Tuesday, February 14th. Once underway, the beach replenishment project will run 24/7, unless weather or mechanical problems cause delays. The Stone Harbor portion of the beach project will occur first, followed by the Avalon portion.
Glorious sunsets appear regularly throughout the winter season here on Seven Mile Beach!
SHORE RENTERS: RESERVE EARLY. That’s the advice offered by a Philadelphia Inquirer article that appeared in the Sunday, February 12th edition of the paper. A limited supply of properties—and only so many weeks of summer—means it’s important to get an early start on your search for a property. To read the article, click here: http://www.philly.com/
STONE HARBOR GAS MAIN REPLACEMENT is underway. Aging steel pipes are being replaced with new plastic pipes in two phases, the first of which will run until June. The second phase will begin in September and run into 2018. Look for most work to take place on weekdays, with some Saturday work possible. As the mains are replaced, gas service to individual homes will need to be shut off, and cannot be turned back on until a property owner is present to allow a worker inside to test the new connections. Property owners will be contacted via a mailing to their billing address as well as a “door knocker” hung on their door knob. Owners with questions can contact South Jersey Gas at (609) 465-2900, extension 6250, and reference the “Stone Harbor Project.”
“HABITAT RESTORE” is coming to Cape May Court House. Habitat for Humanity will open its new ReStore location in May after a renovation project. Located in the former SuperFresh space on Court House-South Dennis Road, Habitat ReStore will sell new and gently used furniture, appliances, and more to the public at a fraction of retail prices. Goods are donated by individuals, distributors, and manufacturers, and sale proceeds from ReStores are used in local communities and around the world. Help is needed in renovating the new location. Volunteers of all skill levels are needed—if you can swing a hammer or a paintbrush, you’re qualified! Click here to view the project schedule and volunteer for a shift: http://
- Flood Insurance Premium Reduction Seminar, bring your elevation certificates for review, 609-425-9717 for info & reservations, Avalon Community Hall, 10AM-Noon, Thursday, February 16
- Creative Writing Seminar, Avalon Free Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon,
Saturday, February, 18
- Lecture in honor of Presidents’ Day, Avalon Free Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 1PM,
Saturday, February 18
- Sea Isle City’s Polar Bear Plunge, 40th Street beach in Sea Isle, 2PM, Saturday, February 18
- 3rd Saturday Comedy Show with Shuli Egar & Kevin Israel, Harbor Square Theater in Stone Harbor, 8PM, Saturday, February 18
- North Wildwood’s Fallen Heroes Polar Bear Plunge, proceeds benefit the Philadelphia Police Fallen Heroes Fund, visit www.FallenHeroPlunge.com
for details, 15th Street & the beach in North Wildwood, 11AM, Saturday, February 25
- Avalon’s Shop-A-Holics, The Princeton & The Whitebrier, designers, deals & drinks, Thursday–Saturday, March 2-4
- Cape May-Lewes Ferry Beer Dinner, Cape May Ferry Terminal, featuring beers from the Flying Fish Brewery, www.
CapeMayLewesFerry.com for details, 5:30PM, Friday, March 3
- IPad Workshop, designed for beginners, Avalon Free Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon,
Saturday, March 4
- Stone Harbor Shiver Event, registration at 9:30AM at Fred’s Tavern, parade at 11:45AM leading to the plunge at the 96th Street beach, Saturday, March 11
- Sea Isle City’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade & Celebration, 3:30PM, Saturday, March 11
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society presents the Midiri Brothers Jazz Band, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street in Cape May, 2-4PM, Sunday, March 12
- Stone Harbor Bulk Pick-up, items curbside up to 72 hours prior to pick up, Monday, March 13
- Irish Dance Performance by the Emerald Isle Academy of Irish Dance in celebration of St. Patty’s Day, Avalon Free Public Library, 1-1:45PM, Saturday, March 18
- Ocean Drive Marathon & Ocean Drive 10Miler Course, visit http://www.odmarathon.
org for details, 9AM, Sunday, March 26
- Avalon’s Spring Dune Grass Planting, Volunteers Needed, 609-967-3066 or 609-
967-5924 for info & registration, Avalon Community Hall, 8:30 AM, Saturday, April 1
Have you been dreaming of being on the bay with your own boat slip, unobstructed sunset and wetlands views, yet be just 1.5 blocks to Avalon’s best beaches? If so, you need to look at this totally renovated, interior and exterior, 5 bedroom townhome with a garage, at Turtle Cove.
Avalon south-end beach block delight! This move-in ready, beautiful 5 bedroom/5 bath/3 half-bath home is now the best beach block buy in Avalon. Only 4 homes on the block with no poles or wires, this property has lots of natural light, high great-room ceilings, pool & cabana, and 4,000 sq. ft. of summer enjoyment!
189 63rd St., Avalon, $3,995,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS# 172469
This one-of-a-kind 7 bedroom, 4,800 sq. ft. home with wrap-around decks, large pool and cabana, and ocean views, sits on a huge 100′ x 110′ lot. With the added plus of being located in one of the nicest sections of Stone Harbor, this home is a winner!
135 87th St., Stone Harbor, $2,950,000, ACTIVE MLS# 172176 – PRICE REDUCED!
Have you been looking to build on a nice beach block with no poles and a wide beach? This 4th back lot on the south side of the street was just reduced and may be just the ticket!
8001 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, $480,000, SOLD MLS#: 171097
494 Avalon Boulevard, Avalon Manor, $540,000, SOLD MLS#: 167951
200 89th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,250,000, SOLD MLS#: 170986
4020 Dune Drive, Avalon, $1,450,000, SOLD MLS#: 141167
4598 Fourth Avenue, Avalon, $1,795,000, SOLD MLS#: 171363
93 E. 22nd Street, Avalon, $3,600,000, SOLD MLS#: 173633
3 84th Street, Stone Harbor, $6,770,000, SOLD MLS#: 172269