BEACH REPLENISHMENT PROJECT UNDERWAY: Mobilization of equipment has begun as Avalon and Stone Harbor anticipate a major beach replenishment project over the next several weeks. Equipment has been staged on Stone Harbor’s beaches and the 123rd Street parking lot. Sand pumping could begin at the end of this week as the dredge contractor is waiting for inclement weather to subside. Once Stone Harbor’s portion of the project is complete, the dredge and equipment will move to Avalon to begin work there.
SALES UP, INVENTORY DOWN: Solid demand over the past couple of years has reduced the number of active listings to 267, down from more than 300 a year ago, and down from 350 two years ago. Buyers are looking and there is not enough inventory. If you have been considering listing your home for sale, please call me and let’s discuss your needs and the market.
STONE HARBOR BACK BAY DREDGING progress continues. The most recent report on the project shows it to be 43% complete, with over 40,000 cubic yards dredged so far. Five basins are complete, one is underway, and three have not yet been dredged. According to the report, in addition to the basins, Access Channel, Stone Harbor Hole, and a number of private slips remain unfinished. The current phase of the project is expected to conclude in February, with final completion of the project due next year.
IF YOU’D LIKE TO CATCH A GLIMPSE of Monday’s nor’easter at Townsend’s Inlet, click here to watch this brief video: https://www.youtube.
SEA ISLE BOULEVARD is in the midst of an elevation project, designed to raise the roadway by several feet to avoid potential flooding. But NJ Department of Environmental Protection regulations will halt the project from March 15th through August 15th due to the presence of nesting ospreys within 1,000 feet of the roadway. The project initially began in 2014, and final completion is not expected until 2019.
- Wetlands Institute Covered Dish Dinner, bring a dish to share that serves 8, guest speaker will be Cameron Cox discussing tropical birding & identifying migrating birds, 6-8PM, Friday, January 27
- IPad Workshop, Avalon Free Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon,
Saturday, February 4
- Avalon Home Movies hosted by the Avalon History Center, watch fascinating films depicting streets, beaches & buildings of Avalon from the 40’s, 50’s & 60’s, 1-2PM, Saturday, February 4
- A Tribute to The Last Waltz, local musicians perform songs played at the band’s final concert, Harbor Square Theater, 8:30PM, Saturday, February 4
- 14th Annual Super Bash XIV raising funds for Friends in Need organization, The Princeton, 4PM, Sunday, February 5
- Cape May-Lewes Ferry Wine Dinner, Cape May Lewes Ferry Terminal, www.
CapeMayLewesFerry.com for details, 5:30-8:30PM, Saturday, February 11
- Creative Writing Seminar, Avalon Free Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon,
Saturday, February, 18
- Lecture in honor of Presidents’ Day, Avalon Free Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 1PM,
Saturday, February 18
- Sea Isle City’s Polar Bear Plunge, 40th Street beach, 2PM, Saturday, February 18
- North Wildwood’s Fallen Heroes Polar Bear Plunge, proceeds benefit the Philadelphia Police Fallen Heroes Fund, visit FallenHeroPlunge.com for details, 15th Street & the beach in North Wildwood, 11AM, Saturday, February 25
- Avalon’s Shop-A-Holics, The Princeton & The Whitebrier, designers, deals & drinks, Thursday–Saturday, March 2-4
- Stone Harbor Shiver Event, registration at 9:30AM at Fred’s Tavern, parade at 11:45AM leading to the plunge at the 96th Street beach, Saturday, March 11
- Sea Isle City’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade & Celebration, 3:30PM, Saturday, March 11
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society presents the Midiri Brothers Jazz Band, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street in Cape May, 2-4PM, Sunday, March 12
- Stone Harbor Bulk Pick-up, items curbside up to 72 hours prior to pick up, Monday, March 13
- Ocean Drive Marathon & Ocean Drive 10Miler Course, visit www.odmarathon.org for details, 9AM, Sunday, March 26
Have you been dreaming of being on the bay with your own boat slip, unobstructed sunset and wetlands views, yet be just 1.5 blocks to Avalon’s best beaches? If so, you need to look at this totally renovated, interior and exterior, 5 bedroom townhome with a garage, at Turtle Cove.
Avalon south-end beach block delight! This move-in ready, beautiful 5 bedroom/5 bath/3 half-bath home is now the best beach block buy in Avalon. Only 4 homes on the block with no poles or wires, this property has lots of natural light, high great-room ceilings, pool & cabana, and 4,000 sq. ft. of summer enjoyment!
189 63rd St., Avalon, $3,995,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS# 172469
This one-of-a-kind 7 bedroom, 4,800 sq. ft. home with wrap-around decks, large pool and cabana, and ocean views, sits on a huge 100′ x 110′ lot. With the added plus of being located in one of the nicest sections of Stone Harbor, this home is a winner!
Have you been looking to build on a nice beach block with no poles and a wide beach? This 4th back lot on the south side of the street was just reduced and may be just the ticket!
174 S Pelican Drive, Avalon, $9,900,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 174168
390 39th Street, Avalon, $610,000, SOLD MLS#: 171227
5049 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $862,500, SOLD MLS#: 165025
422 24th Street, Avalon, $895,000, SOLD MLS#: 174183
590 24th Street, Avalon, $999,000, SOLD MLS#: 173224
151 88th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,450,000, SOLD MLS#: 173534
3465 First Avenue, Avalon, $1,460,000, SOLD MLS#: 173274
35 W 32nd Street, Avalon, $3,200,000, SOLD MLS#: 170444