HAPPY NEW YEAR! Health, happiness, & prosperity—may all three be yours in 2017! Best wishes for a Happy New Year!
MARKET STATS: There was an increase in sales and a reduction in active listings in November 2016. The number of sales increased 25% over last November, while the number of active listings has declined by 13% to 290. Despite a recent uptick in interest rates, demand has remained steady marketwide.
REMEMBER THE SEA TURTLE that was rescued from Avalon’s beach this past summer? She was transported to the Karen Beasley Sea Turtle Rescue and Rehabilitation Center in North Carolina some time back. An update was recently posted to the Borough’s Facebook page, having been provided by Elizabeth Quinn, whose friend volunteers at the center: “She has had the opportunity to feed and give treatments to the sea turtle that the Avalon folks rescued this summer. She has affectionately been named ‘Snookie’ and she is doing very well! She is a smart girl and is eating. She is being fed fish stuffed into squid, though my friend says she would prefer just squid! Thank you so much to all those who helped rescue her!”
STONE HARBOR was recently awarded a $2.7 million state grant for the mitigation of flood risks in the borough between 88th and 99th Streets. The project will include the installation of remotely operated tide control valves at existing stormwater discharge pipes, preventing tidewater from pushing into the pipes and flooding streets. Higher street elevations and a bayside pump station to be built at 93rd Street are part of the project, too.
TAKE THE PLUNGE! If you’re daring enough to take a mid-winter plunge into the ocean, you’ve got three chances to do so! Polar bear plunge events are scheduled in Sea Isle City (February 18th), North Wildwood (February 25th), and Stone Harbor (March 11th.) See below for details. The ocean water temperature just off Avalon is 44 degrees—just about average for this time of year. However, ocean water temperatures are typically at their lowest point in February and March, with average temperatures just under 40 degrees.
IS 2017 YOUR YEAR? Whether it’s a week’s vacation at the shore, or a place to permanently call your own, let’s make it happen together! Call or email me to begin your search for the perfect property!
- Cape May Lewes Ferry Beer Dinner featuring the beers of 7 Mile Brewery, call 800-643-3779 for info & reservations, 5:30PM, Friday, January 6
- IPad Workshop designed for beginning users, Avalon Free Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon,
Saturday, January 7
- New Year’s Strut with the Fralinger String Band, Avalon History Center, 1PM, Saturday, January 7
- ‘Guys With Guitars’ live performance featuring blues & rock music, Harbor Square Theater in Stone Harbor, 8:30-11PM, Saturday, January 7
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society presents the Mary Lou Newman Jazz Band, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street in Cape May, 2-4PM, Sunday, January 8
- Law Enforcement Polar Bear Plunge, Wildwood Convention Center & the beach, register at 10AM, plunge begins at 1PM, event supports training & competition for more than 25,000 athletes of the Special Olympics of New Jersey, Saturday, January 14
- Boardwalk Kennel Club All Breed Dog Show, Wildwood Convention Center, visit www.BoardwalkKennelClub.
com for details, competitions 8:30AM-6PM daily, Wednesday-Sunday, January 18-22
- Yoga at the Cape May County Zoo, donations will go directly to the animals, reserve a spot at www.itswellyogaandpaddle.
com, meet at zoo entrance at 8:45AM, Saturday, January 21
- Creative Writing Seminar, Avalon Free Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon,
Saturday, January 21
- Wetlands Institute Covered Dish Dinner, bring a dish to share that serves 8 & enjoy a guest speaker, visit the Wetlands Institute website for more info, 6-8PM, Friday, January 27
- A tribute to ‘The Last Waltz’ with live singers and musicians, Harbor Square Theater in Stone Harbor, Saturday, February 4
- Sea Isle City’s Polar Bear Plunge, 40th Street beach, 2PM, Saturday, February 18
- North Wildwood’s Fallen Heroes Polar Bear Plunge, proceeds benefit the Philadelphia Police Fallen Heroes Fund, visit FallenHeroPlunge.com for details, 15th Street & the beach in North Wildwood, 11AM, Saturday, February 25
- Stone Harbor Shiver Event, registration at 9:30AM at Fred’s Tavern, parade at 11:45AM leading to plunge at the 96th Street beach, Saturday, March 11
- Sea Isle City’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade & Celebration, 3:30PM, Saturday, March 11
- Ocean Drive Marathon & Ocean Drive 10Miler Course, visit http://www.odmarathon.
org for details, 9AM, Sunday, March 26
Avalon south-end beach block delight! This move-in ready, beautiful 5 bedroom/5 bath/3 half-bath home is now the best beach block buy in Avalon. Only 4 homes on the block with no poles or wires, this property has lots of natural light, high great-room ceilings, pool & cabana, and 4,000 sq. ft. of summer enjoyment!
This one-of-a-kind 7 bedroom, 4,800 sq. ft. home with wrap-around decks, large pool and cabana, and ocean views, sits on a huge 100′ x 110′ lot. With the added plus of being located in one of the nicest sections of Stone Harbor, this home is a winner!
Have you been looking to build on a nice beach block with no poles and a wide beach? This 4th back lot on the south side of the street was just reduced and may be just the ticket!
Walk to town and the beach from your totally renovated Breakwater condo on 30th Street. When you are not on the beach, enjoy your new pool.
28 Bower Court, Stone Harbor, $616,250, SOLD MLS#: 170964
459 21st Street, Avalon, $617,500, SOLD MLS#: 172699
50 Seabreeze Lane, Avalon Manor, $900,000, SOLD MLS#: 171342
10601 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, $936,000, SOLD MLS#: 172669
360 89th Street, Stone Harbor, $980,000, SOLD MLS#: 171613
34 W 29th Street, Avalon, $999,000, SOLD MLS#: 172765
645 Sunrise Drive, Avalon, $1,293,000, SOLD MLS#: 167041
1169 Avalon Avenue, Avalon, $1,590,000, SOLD MLS#: 167111
3518 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,650,000, SOLD MLS#: 171184
135 77th Street, Avalon, $3,400,000, SOLD MLS#: 173066