THANK YOU & HAPPY HOLIDAYS! A sincere thank you for helping to make 2016 a terrific year. Your support, referrals, friendship, and kind words are greatly appreciated. My very best wishes to you and your family for a wonderful holiday season and a healthy, happy, and successful 2017.
ON A PERSONAL NOTE, 2016 was a special and happy year. I had the honor to walk my daughter, Stephanie, down the aisle during her July marriage in Tenerife, Spain. It was a beautiful wedding, and Stephanie married a terrific man. 2016 was also my first full calendar year with Ferguson Dechert. It has been a real pleasure to work with Bob Scully, and the entire team at Ferguson. They are a supportive, collaborative, and positive group; it is easy to see why Ferguson Dechert is the number one agency on the island.
BEACHFILL EXPECTED IN 2017: Last week Avalon’s Borough Council approved a State Aid Agreement with the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection that will result in a substantial hydraulic beach fill project for both Avalon and Stone Harbor in 2017. Sand will be pumped onto Avalon’s beach from Townsend’s Inlet, and onto Stone Harbor’s beach from Hereford Inlet. It’s hoped the beach fill project will be completed sometime in the spring, ahead of the summer tourism season.
Downtown areas of Avalon and Stone Harbor are decked out for the holidays!
IF YOU’RE HERE over the holidays, be sure to visit the business districts in Avalon & Stone Harbor. Both towns are decorated with enough lights to make you feel like a kid again! And if you need an activity for the family, consider visiting the Cape May County Zoo (open every day except Christmas), or take in a movie at the Harbor Square Theater in Stone Harbor—it’s open every day including Christmas, when four movies will be shown, including Rogue One: A Star Wars Story!
NEW YEAR’S EVE dining options on the Island include Fred’s Tavern (609-368-5591), The Princeton (609-967-3456), Bobby Dee’s Rock ‘n Chair (609-967-3300), and The Reeds at Shelter Haven (609-368-0100). Be sure to call ahead for reservations! If you’d like to ring in the New Year with fireworks, check out Sea Isle City’s family friendly New Year’s Eve celebration—a crystal ball drops at 7pm, and fireworks follow at 8pm, at JFK Boulevard & the beach (http://www.visitsicnj.com/
DOUG’S SEVEN MILE ISLAND NEWS will return the week of January 2, 2017.
- One Christmas Carol, festive family holiday show, Cape May Stage, visit www.capemaystage.org for details, now through Saturday, December 31
- Story Time at the Avalon Free Public Library, 10-10:45AM, Tuesday, December 27
- Winter’s Wildlife Camp for ages 4-8, 4 day adventure camp at the Cape May County Zoo focusing on animal habitats, animal care, conservation & the environment, visit www.cmcZoo.com for info, Tuesday thru Friday, December 27-30
- Story Time at the Avalon Free Public Library, 10-10:45AM, Thursday, December 29
- Harpist on the Porch, classical & holiday music, Avalon Free Public Library, 1-3PM, Saturday, December 31
- Ocean City’s First Night Celebration, family fun including magic, rides on Wonderland Pier, the Greaseband, a Neil Diamond tribute concert on the Music Pier, giant fireworks display at midnight, visit www.firstnightocnj.com
for details, 4PM-Midnight, Saturday, December 31
- Story Time at the Avalon Free Public Library, 10-10:45AM, Tuesday, January 3
- Story Time at the Avalon Free Public Library, 10-10:45AM, Thursday, January 5
- ‘Guys With Guitars’ live performance featuring blues & rock music, Harbor Square Theater in Stone Harbor, Saturday, January 7
- IPad Workshop designed for beginning users, Avalon Free Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon,
Saturday, January 7
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society presents the Mary Lou Newman Jazz Band, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street in Cape May, 2-4PM, Sunday, January 8
- Creative Writing Seminar, Avalon Free Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon,
Saturday, January 21
- A tribute to ‘The Last Waltz’ with live singers and musicians, Harbor Square Theater in Stone Harbor, Saturday, February 4
Enjoy summers in this fully furnished, luxurious new 6 bedroom/5.5 bath home in Stone Harbor’s quiet south-end. You are just over a block to the widest part of Stone Harbor’s beaches, or relax around your pool.
234 118th St., Stone Harbor, $2,495,000, MLS# 167263 – Just Reduced
Avalon south-end beach block delight! This move-in ready, beautiful 5 bedroom/5 bath/3 half-bath home is now the best beach block buy in Avalon. Only 4 homes on the block with no poles or wires, this property has lots of natural light, high great-room ceilings, pool & cabana, and 4,000 sq. ft. of summer enjoyment!
189 63rd St., Avalon, $3,995,000, ACTIVE MLS# 172469
This one-of-a-kind 7 bedroom, 4,800 sq. ft. home with wrap-around decks, large pool and cabana, and ocean views, sits on a huge 100′ x 110′ lot. With the added plus of being located in one of the nicest sections of Stone Harbor, this home is a winner!
135 87th St., Stone Harbor, $3,025,000, ACTIVE MLS# 172176
Have you been looking to build on a nice beach block with no poles and a wide beach? This 4th back lot on the south side of the street was just reduced and may be just the ticket!
129 114th St., Stone Harbor, $1,955,000, ACTIVE MLS# 169704
Walk to town and the beach from your totally renovated Breakwater condo on 30th Street. When you are not on the beach, enjoy your new pool.
107 30th St., Avalon, $439,000, ACTIVE MLS# 172718 Price Reduced
334 92nd Street, Stone Harbor, $1,300,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 173728
8801 First Avenue, Stone Harbor, $2,695,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 173715
7 86th Street, Stone Harbor, $3,600,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 173754
401 21st Street, Avalon, $499,999, SOLD MLS#: 171496
358 39th Street, Avalon, $635,000, SOLD MLS#: 172508
2527 Dune Drive, Avalon, $825,000, SOLD MLS#: 168539
323 40th Street, Avalon, $827,500, SOLD MLS#: 172542
389 95th Street, Stone Harbor, $850,000, SOLD MLS#: 171400
560 24th Street, Avalon, $1,025,000, SOLD MLS#: 166666
343 92nd Street, Stone Harbor, $1,080,000, SOLD MLS#: 172869
277 88th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,100,000, SOLD MLS#: 166164
250 54th Street, Avalon, $1,100,000, SOLD MLS#: 173293
115 20th Street, Avalon, $1,150,000, SOLD MLS#: 172416
4318 Fifth Avenue, Avalon, $2,800,000, SOLD MLS#: 173662