MORTGAGE RATES have moved up steadily since September to an average of 4.15% according to Bankrate.com. Despite the increase, the average rate is just a tenth of a percentage point higher than last December, and rates remain very attractive from a historical perspective. Take advantage—whether purchasing or refinancing, secure a great mortgage rate now!
STONE HARBOR’S NEW LIBRARY will open at 9am on Tuesday, December 27th! The new 9,400 square foot building stands at the corner of 96th Street and Second Avenue, and includes indoor seating as well as an outdoor deck to take in the view along 96th Street. In preparation for the opening of the new library, the existing library in Borough Hall will close December 19th.
LAST MINUTE HOLIDAY GIFT IDEAS! From stocking stuffers to fun adventures, add a piece of the shore to your holiday!
Avalon’s Holiday Beach Tags (while supplies last) are available at Borough Hall on weekdays, 8:15am to 4:15pm.
Stone Harbor’s Holiday Beach Tags (while supplies last) are available at Borough Hall on weekdays from 8:30am to 4pm, or on Saturdays at the Chamber of Commerce Welcome Center, 212-96th Street, 11am to 3pm.
Tree to Tree Adventure Park (at the Cape May County Zoo) gift certificates. Call 609-388-8289.
Morey’s Piers and waterpark discounted tickets, available for purchase through January 6th. Visit www.moreyspiers.com.
Concord Café gift card sale—buy a $100 gift certificate, get $20! Call 609-368-5505.
And don’t forget a gift certificate to your favorite local shop or restaurant!
SANTA IS MAKING HIS ROUNDS this holiday season. He’ll be at the Stone Harbor Elementary School Thursday, December 15th at 6pm, where he’ll visit with all children. On Wednesday, December 21st he’ll be escorted through Avalon atop an Avalon Fire Department truck, from 5:30pm to 8:30pm. (Call 609-967-5914 to add your house to Santa’s list of designated stops!)
- One Christmas Carol, festive family holiday show, Cape May Stage, visit www.capemaystage.org for details, now through Saturday, December 31
- Winter Enrichment Day at the Cape May County Zoo, watch zookeepers as they share special treats & activities with the animals, 11AM-2PM, Saturday, December 17
- Ferry Merry at the Cape May Ferry Terminal, Santa & his friends, games, crafts, face painting, balloon art, hot chocolate & cookie bar, Noon-3PM, Sunday, December 18
- Winter’s Wildlife Camp for ages 4-8, 4 day adventure camp at the Cape May County Zoo focusing on animal habitats, animal care, conservation & the environment, visit www.cmcZoo.com for info, Tuesday thru Friday, December 27-30
- Harpist on the Porch, classical & holiday music, Avalon Free Public Library, 1-3PM, Saturday, December 31
- Ocean City’s First Night Celebration, family fun including magic, rides on Wonderland Pier, the Greaseband, a Neil Diamond tribute concert on the Music Pier, giant fireworks display at midnight, visit www.firstnightocnj.com
for details, 4PM-Midnight, Saturday, December 31
- IPad Workshop designed for beginning users, Avalon Free Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon,
Saturday, January 7
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society presents the Mary Lou Newman Jazz Band, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street in Cape May, 2-4PM, Sunday, January 8
- Creative Writing Seminar, Avalon Free Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon,
Saturday, January 21
Enjoy summers in this fully furnished, luxurious new 6 bedroom/5.5 bath home in Stone Harbor’s quiet south-end. You are just over a block to the widest part of Stone Harbor’s beaches, or relax around your pool.
234 118th St., Stone Harbor, $2,495,000, MLS# 167263 – Just Reduced
Avalon south-end beach block delight! This move-in ready, beautiful 5 bedroom/5 bath/3 half-bath home is now the best beach block buy in Avalon. Only 4 homes on the block with no poles or wires, this property has lots of natural light, high great-room ceilings, pool & cabana, and 4,000 sq. ft. of summer enjoyment!
189 63rd St., Avalon, $3,995,000, ACTIVE MLS# 172469
This one-of-a-kind 7 bedroom, 4,800 sq. ft. home with wrap-around decks, large pool and cabana, and ocean views, sits on a huge 100′ x 110′ lot. With the added plus of being located in one of the nicest sections of Stone Harbor, this home is a winner!
135 87th St., Stone Harbor, $3,025,000, ACTIVE MLS# 172176
Have you been looking to build on a nice beach block with no poles and a wide beach? This 4th back lot on the south side of the street was just reduced and may be just the ticket!
129 114th St., Stone Harbor, $1,955,000, ACTIVE MLS# 169704
10007 First Avenue, Stone Harbor, $375,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 173614
242 29th Street, West Unit, Avalon, $685,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 173668
123 93rd Street, Stone Harbor, $3,125,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 173622
222 83rd Street, Stone Harbor, $715,000, SOLD MLS#: 172446
2507 Dune Drive, Avalon, $846,000, SOLD MLS#: 172537
300 92nd Street, Stone Harbor, $875,000, SOLD MLS#: 172525
345 86th Street, Stone Harbor, $950,000, SOLD MLS#: 172042
34 W 29th Street, Avalon, $999,000, SOLD MLS#: 172765
100 105th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,200,000, SOLD MLS#: 169591
192 61st Street, Avalon, $4,550,000, SOLD MLS#: 170454