SIZABLE CROWD, LOTS OF FUN! Thanksgiving Weekend brought lots of visitors to the Island, along with plenty of activities for them to enjoy. From shopping, dining, and iceless ice skating to visits with Santa and a huge parade, the entire Seven Mile Beach kicked off the holiday season in style!
THIN BLUE LINE: Avalon visitors arriving via Avalon Boulevard may have noticed a thin blue line painted on the roadway as it enters Avalon. According to Avalon Mayor Martin Pagliughi, it’s “a show of gratitude by our residents, property owners, and visitors for the tremendous level of public service provided to our community by the Avalon Police Department.” The blue line will also circle the traffic island on 30th Street between Ocean Drive and Dune Drive.
HARBOR THEATRE in Stone Harbor will celebrate singer/songwriters at Troubadour Night Saturday, December 3rd, from 8pm to 10:30pm. Enjoy live performances as the music of Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, James Taylor, and Bob Marley is celebrated. Tickets are $15 at the door.
SANTA RIDES THE RAILS in nearby Tuckahoe through the Christmas season. Cape May Seashore Lines operates The Santa Express several times per week, including weekends and evening trips, aboard vintage passenger equipment. Santa greets each child on board—treat your family to a special experience! Visit http://www.the-santa-
SPEAKING OF RAILS: Railroad tracks from nearly a century ago made an appearance again on Sunset Beach next to the Delaware Bay in Lower Township. The tracks once carried beach sand from a plant before the operation ceased. Weather and tides have shifted the beach sand, uncovering the tracks. The tracks first appeared in November 2014, after being covered for decades.
Visitors check out freshly exposed train tracks on Sunset Beach in Lower Township, as seen in this November 2014 photo. The tracks were uncovered again last week by weather and tides. The concrete ship is visible in the water in the background.
- Creative Writing Seminar, Avalon Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon,
Saturday, November 19
- Princess Day at the Cape May County Zoo, come dressed as a princess (or prince!) to enjoy glass slipper hunts, games, sing-a-longs, stories, photo ops, 11AM-2PM, Saturday, November 19
- 5K Turkey Trot for Brendan’s Fund with proceeds donated to the Brendan Borek Endowed Fund at CHOP, check in at 8AM at 600 Park Boulevard in West Cape May, for a 5K walk, trot or jog, visit www.brendansfund.org or call 609-435-5917 for info, Thursday, November 24
- 5K Turkey Trot for Helen L. Diller Vacation Home for Blind Children in Avalon, 10am, Friday, November 25
- Story Time for Children with Mrs. Claus, Avalon Public Library, 10-10:45AM, Friday, November 25
- Stone Harbor’s Island Holiday event, activities, music, refreshments, shopping specials, more, downtown shopping district, 10AM-9PM, Friday, November 25-Saturday, November 26
- Avalon’s Festive Friday, Avalon Shopping District’s kick-off of the holiday season, 11AM-6PM, Friday, November 25
- Avalon’s Festival of Trees, The Whitebrier, Noon-8PM, Friday, November 25
- Avalon’s Tree Lighting, Veteran’s Plaza, 5PM, Friday, November 25
- Wetlands Institute’s Wetland Wonderland, 9:30AM-3PM,
Saturday, November 26
- Avalon’s Snowfest Saturday, events for the entire family including iceless ice skating, games, rides, rock wall climbing, family photos, more, downtown Avalon, 11AM-4PM, Saturday, November 26
- Stone Harbor’s gala Christmas parade down 96th Street, Santa will be in attendance, 6:30PM, Saturday, November 26
- Christmas Tree Lighting at the Hereford Inlet Lighthouse, 5:30PM, Friday, December 2
- IPad Workshop, Avalon Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon,
Saturday, December 3
- International Cheetah Day at the Cape May County Zoo, cheetah related programs, activities & zookeeper talks, 11AM-2PM, Sunday, December 4
- Stone Harbor Caroling & Christmas Tree Lighting, ride the trolley through town for the caroling at 4:45PM & join in the tree lighting at 6PM, Wednesday, December 7
- Santa’s Family Workshop at the Cape May County Zoo, photos with Santa & Mrs. Claus, craft stations, education animals, more, 11AM-2PM, Saturday, December 10
- Big Band Dance featuring The Star Band, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, December 10
- Creative Writing Program, Avalon Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon,
Saturday, December 17
- Winter Enrichment Day at the Cape May County Zoo, watch zookeepers as they share special treats & activities with the animals, 11AM-2PM, Saturday, December 17
Avalon south-end beach block delight! This move-in ready, beautiful 5 bedroom/5 bath/3 half-bath home is now the best beach block buy in Avalon. Only 4 homes on the block with no poles or wires, this property has lots of natural light, high great-room ceilings, pool & cabana, and 4,000 sq. ft. of summer enjoyment!
This one-of-a-kind 7 bedroom, 4,800 sq. ft. home with wrap-around decks, large pool and cabana, and ocean views, sits on a huge 100′ x 110′ lot. With the added plus of being located in one of the nicest sections of Stone Harbor, this home is a winner!
Have you been looking to build on a nice beach block with no poles and a wide beach? This 4th back lot on the south side of the street was just reduced and may be just the ticket!
Walk to town and the beach from your totally renovated Breakwater condo on 30th Street. When you are not on the beach, enjoy your new pool.
Build your 4,500 sq. ft. dream Bayfront home on this empty 60′ x 155′ lot in Stone Harbor’s desirable South-end. This is a great location… Enjoy unlimited bay/wetlands/sunset views and walk just two blocks to the beach.
7900 Dune Drive, Avalon, $182,950, SOLD MLS#: 172893
10007 First Avenue, Stone Harbor, $278,000, SOLD MLS#: 171839
230 101st Street, Stone Harbor, $755,000, SOLD MLS#: 171218
6890 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $999,000, SOLD MLS#: 172005
226 104th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,550,000, SOLD MLS#: 172422
46 E 22nd Street, Avalon, $1,825,000, SOLD MLS#: 171820
122 84th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,200,000, SOLD MLS#: 171697
268 63rd Street, Avalon, $3,090,000, SOLD MLS#: 172569