THE 96th STREET BRIDGE may be open for the Thanksgiving Weekend. Contractors have been working to reopen the bridge to automobile traffic since a crack in a main girder was discovered a few weeks ago. Just a short distance to the north, the underwater remains of the Beesley’s Point Bridge were demolished. The bridge, which carried Route 9 across Great Egg Harbor Bay between Upper Township (Cape May County) and Somers Point (Atlantic County), fell into disrepair and was closed to traffic in 2004. The removal of the span was part of the ongoing project that included the construction of a new southbound Garden State Parkway bridge across the same body of water.
For a video showing the underwater demolition, click here: http://www.ocsentinel.
FESTIVE FRIDAY & SNOWFEST SATURDAY arrive in Avalon after the Thanksgiving holiday. Events and activities will be available throughout the business district, including iceless skating, music, rock wall climbing, and a whole lot more!
IT’S A WONDERFUL LIFE in Stone Harbor again this year, as the annual holiday celebration kicks off Friday. A variety of family-friendly activities are on tap Friday & Saturday, capped by a huge Christmas Parade Saturday evening at 6:30pm. Santa will be the guest of honor at the parade.
SHOP THE SHORE: Make sure there’s a piece of the shore under the tree this year! If you’re here this weekend—or anytime—pick up some holiday gifts. Local shops offer a delightful variety of things and here are some other ideas: gift certificates for local restaurants; the Cape May Lewes Ferry offers gift certificates as well; the Fudge Kitchen will ship their delicious candy anywhere; Avalon Coffee ships their coffee & mugs; Stone Harbor Fire Company has department t-shirts available for purchase and the firehouse is staffed most days; holiday beach tags are available for purchase for both Avalon & Stone Harbor; Gillian’s & Morey’s Piers have gift cards available for lots of fun activities when they re-open in the Spring; Atlantic City Restaurant Week (which will be held in March 2017) has gift cards available for use at any of the participating restaurants.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and your family!
- 5K Turkey Trot for Brendan’s Fund with proceeds donated to the Brendan Borek Endowed Fund at CHOP, check in at 8AM at 600 Park Boulevard in West Cape May, for a 5K walk, trot or jog, visit www.brendansfund.org or call 609-435-5917 for info, Thursday, November 24
- Avalon’s Turkey Trot, Friday, November 25, 10am, Avalon Community Hall. Registration begins at 8am, 5k run 10am, 1.5 mile walk 10:15am.
- Story Time for Children with Mrs. Claus, Avalon Public Library, 10-10:45AM, Friday, November 25
- Stone Harbor’s Island Holiday event, activities, music, refreshments, shopping specials, more, downtown shopping district, 10AM-9PM, Friday, November 25-Saturday, November 26
- Avalon’s Festive Friday, Avalon Shopping District’s kick-off of the holiday season, 11AM-6PM, Friday, November 25
- Avalon’s Festival of Trees, The Whitebrier, Noon-8PM, Friday, November 25
- Avalon’s Tree Lighting, Veteran’s Plaza, 5PM, Friday, November 25
- Wetlands Institute’s Wetland Wonderland, 9:30AM-3PM,
Saturday, November 26
- Avalon’s Snowfest Saturday, events for the entire family including iceless ice skating, games, rides, rock wall climbing, family photos, more, downtown Avalon, 11AM-4PM, Saturday, November 26
- Stone Harbor’s gala Christmas parade down 96th Street, Santa will be in attendance, 6:30PM, Saturday, November 26
- Christmas Tree Lighting at the Hereford Inlet Lighthouse, 5:30PM, Friday, December 2
- IPad Workshop, Avalon Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon,
Saturday, December 3
- American Legion Post #331 Annual Christmas Party, Rock ‘n Chair Restaurant, call Jim at 609-602-6622for info & reservations, Saturday December 3
- International Cheetah Day at the Cape May County Zoo, cheetah related programs, activities & zookeeper talks, 11AM-2PM, Sunday, December 4
- Stone Harbor Caroling & Christmas Tree Lighting, ride the trolley through town for the caroling at 4:45PM & join in the tree lighting at 6PM, Wednesday, December 7
- Santa’s Family Workshop at the Cape May County Zoo, photos with Santa & Mrs. Claus, craft stations, education animals, more, 11AM-2PM, Saturday, December 10
- Big Band Dance featuring The Star Band, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, December 10
- Creative Writing Program, Avalon Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon,
Saturday, December 17
- Winter Enrichment Day at the Cape May County Zoo, watch zookeepers as they share special treats & activities with the animals, 11AM-2PM, Saturday, December 17
Avalon south-end beach block delight! This move-in ready, beautiful 5 bedroom/5 bath/3 half-bath home is now the best beach block buy in Avalon. Only 4 homes on the block with no poles or wires, this property has lots of natural light, high great-room ceilings, pool & cabana, and 4,000 sq. ft. of summer enjoyment!
189 63rd St., Avalon, $3,995,000, ACTIVE MLS# 172469
This one-of-a-kind 7 bedroom, 4,800 sq. ft. home with wrap-around decks, large pool and cabana, and ocean views, sits on a huge 100′ x 110′ lot. With the added plus of being located in one of the nicest sections of Stone Harbor, this home is a winner!
135 87th St., Stone Harbor, $3,025,000, ACTIVE MLS# 172176
Have you been looking to build on a nice beach block with no poles and a wide beach? This 4th back lot on the south side of the street was just reduced and may be just the ticket!
129 114th St., Stone Harbor, $1,955,000, ACTIVE MLS# 169704
Take this opportunity to own on a nice quiet street in Avalon, at the right price! This home on a full-size lot, has a wonderful backyard pool area with an oversize cabana and a huge 2nd floor master bedroom. This is a value that does not come along often.
238 43rd St., Avalon, $1,225,000, ACTIVE MLS# 171799 – UNDER CONTRACT
Walk to town and the beach from your totally renovated Breakwater condo on 30th Street. When you are not on the beach, enjoy your new pool.
107 30th St., Avalon, $439,000, ACTIVE MLS# 170279 – REDUCED!
Build your 4,500 sq. ft. dream Bayfront home on this empty 60′ x 155′ lot in Stone Harbor’s desirable South-end. This is a great location… Enjoy unlimited bay/wetlands/sunset views and walk just two blocks to the beach.
11825 Paradise Dr., Stone Harbor, $2,099,000, ACTIVE MLS #169905 – REDUCED!
710 Avalon Boulevard, Avalon Manor, $375,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 173413
30 Linden Lane, Stone Harbor, $450,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 173438
150 96th Street Unit 1, Stone Harbor, $499,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 173404
704 Avalon Boulevard, Avalon Manor, $770,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 173411
249 101st Street, Stone Harbor, $1,345,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 173399
309 76th Street, Avalon, $1,450,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 173394
225 91st Street, Stone Harbor, $2,099,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 173363
11010 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $400,000, SOLD MLS#: 162952
10104 Sunrise Drive, Stone Harbor, $855,000, SOLD MLS#: 169310
115 20th Street, Avalon, $1,150,000, SOLD MLS#: 172416
285 48th Street, Avalon, $1,388,333, SOLD MLS#: 170887
11610 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, $1,675,000, SOLD MLS#: 170233
74 W 11th Street, Avalon, $1,865,000, SOLD MLS#: 171995
6709 Dune Drive, Avalon, $2,500,000, SOLD MLS#: 173285