SEPTEMBER’S MEDIAN SALE PRICE in the local market increased to $1,200,000, up 3.6% over September 2015. The number of active listings decreased slightly versus a year ago, as did the average number of “days on market.”
AERIAL DUNE GRASS FERTILIZATION is planned in Avalon and Stone Harbor on Thursday, October 20th. The operation is expected to take place in the morning, finishing around 11am. Recently volunteers planted additional dune grass in Avalon’s dune system.
BEACH SWEEPS will be conducted in Avalon & Stone Harbor this weekend. Volunteers are needed to assist with cleanup efforts in both towns on Saturday from 9am to 12:30pm. In Stone Harbor, volunteers are asked to report to the 95th Street beach; in Avalon volunteers are asked to report to the 80th Street beach. Volunteers will be provided with trash bags, gloves, and datasheets.
DID YOU SEE IT? Monday evening an Antares rocket was launched from Wallop’s Island, Virginia, after several days of launch delays. The rockets fiery trail was visible to sky watchers all over South Jersey, with Cape May County’s beaches offering some of the best views. After arcing into the sky for a few minutes it suddenly went dark, then became visible again as the rocket’s second stage began.
The latter part of the Antares rocket’s initial burn is visible in this photo, looking southward from Ocean City’s 9th Street causeway.
THIS WEEK’S WEATHER has been super, with daytime temperatures in the 70s and 80s, along with gentle breezes and clear skies. Occasional showers are expected late in the week, with cooler, dryer air moving in for the weekend. Enjoy the fall weather while it lasts!
- Adults Only Night Walk at the Cape May County Zoo, quiet after hours tour of the zoo, 6:30-8:30PM, Friday, October 21
- Boo at the Cape May County Zoo, family friendly free events, costume contest, craft stations, magic show, more, 10AM-2PM,Saturday, October 22
- Avalon Police Department Prescription Drug Take Back Day, Public Safety Building, 10AM-2PM, Saturday, October 22
- Stone Harbor’s Harvest Festival, 96th Street Shopping District, hayrides, pumpkin decorating, animals, trick or treating in the shops, more, 11AM-5PM, Saturday, October 22
- Snow Leopard Day at the Cape May County Zoo, snow leopard related programs, activities & zookeeper talks, 11AM-2PM,Sunday, October 23
- Avalon’s Trunk or Treat, trick or treating at the 30th Street parking lot by Avalon’s Community Hall, 5-7PM, Saturday, October 29
- Trick or Treating in Avalon & Stone Harbor, 5-8PM, Monday, October 31
- IPad Workshop, Avalon Public Library, register by calling 609-967-7155, 10AM-
Noon, Saturday, November 5
- Corn Husk Fall Wreath Art Workshop, Avalon Public Library, register by calling 609-967-7155, 10AM-1PM
, Saturday, November 5
- Slither & Snore Sleepover, spend a night in the reptile house at the Cape May County Zoo, enjoy a continental breakfast the next morning, 6PM on Saturday, November 5 thru 9AM on Sunday, November 6
- Big Band Dance featuring Marilyn & the Monroes, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, November 5
- American Legion Post #331 Veterans’ Day Ceremony, Veterans’ Plaza in Avalon, 11AM, Friday, November 11
- Stone Harbor American Legion Veterans’ Day Ceremony, 11617 Second Avenue in Stone Harbor, Noon, Friday, November 11
- Brendan Borek High Tides Memorial Fund Striper Tournament, registration includes a ticket to the Awards Dinner, visitwww.brendansfund.org for details, Saturday, November 12
- Avalon Home & Land Owners Association Meeting, Scott Wahl, Avalon’s Business Manager, will speak on fall plans for the borough of Avalon, Community Hall, 10AM, Saturday, November 12
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society presents the Atlantic City Jazz Band, proceeds benefit the Food Bank of Southern Jersey, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, 2-4PM, Sunday November 13
- Creative Writing Seminar, Avalon Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon, Sa
turday, November 19
- Brendan Borek High Tides Memorial Fund Turkey Trot, check in at 8am for a 5K walk, trot or jog, visit www.brendansfund.orgfor info, Thursday, November 24
- Story Time for Children with Mrs. Claus, Avalon Public Library, 10-10:45AM, Friday, November 25
- Stone Harbor’s Island Holiday events including a gala Christmas Parade on Saturday evening at 6:30PM, downtown shopping district, 10AM-9PM, Friday, November 25-Saturday, November 26
- Avalon’s Festive Friday, Avalon Shopping District’s kick-off of the holiday season, 11AM-6PM, Friday, November 25
- Avalon’s Festival of Trees, The Whitebrier, Noon-8PM, Friday, November 25
- Wetlands Institute’s Wetland Wonderland, 9:30AM-3PM, Saturd
ay, November 26
- Avalon’s Snowfest Saturday, events for the entire family, downtown Avalon, 11AM-4PM, Saturday, November 26
This one-of-a-kind 7 bedroom, 4,800 sq. ft. home with wrap-around decks, large pool and cabana, and ocean views, sits on a huge 100′ x 110′ lot. With the added plus of being located in one of the nicest sections of Stone Harbor, this home is a winner!
135 87th St., Stone Harbor, $3,025,000, ACTIVE MLS# 172176
Have you been looking to build on a nice beach block with no poles and a wide beach? This 4th back lot on the south side of the street was just reduced and may be just the ticket!
129 114th St., Stone Harbor, $1,955,000, ACTIVE MLS# 169704
Take this opportunity to own on a nice quiet street in Avalon, at the right price! This home on a full-size lot, has a wonderful backyard pool area with an oversize cabana and a huge 2nd floor master bedroom. This is a value that does not come along often.
238 43rd St., Avalon, $1,225,000, ACTIVE MLS# 171799
Enjoy the quiet privacy of this beautiful 5 bedroom home across from Obrien Park, in Avalon’s North End. Located on a corner 60′ x 110′ lot, this home is move-in ready for your summer enjoyment.
199 11th St., Avalon, $1,799,000, ACTIVE MLS# 171478 – Under Contract
Walk to town and the beach from your totally renovated Breakwater condo on 30th Street. When you are not on the beach, enjoy your new pool.
107 30th St., Avalon, $439,000, ACTIVE MLS# 170279 – REDUCED!
Build your 4,500 sq. ft. dream Bayfront home on this empty 60′ x 155′ lot in Stone Harbor’s desirable South-end. This is a great location… Enjoy unlimited bay/wetlands/sunset views and walk just two blocks to the beach.
11825 Paradise Dr., Stone Harbor, $2,099,000, ACTIVE MLS #169905 – REDUCED!
Enjoy one of Avalon’s most unique homes and the recently added pool on this oversize 80 x 110 corner lot. If you prefer to build your dream house, this lot will accommodate a 6,000 sq. ft. home.
4656 Dune Drive, Avalon, $1,395,000, MLS# 168490 – Under Contract
7900 Dune Drive, Avalon, $189,900, ACTIVE MLS#: 172893
66 E 20th Street Street, Avalon, $650,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 172910
343 92nd Street, Stone Harbor, $1,049,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 172869
9815-17 Corinthian Drive, Stone Harbor, $1,099,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 172894
362 93rd Street, Stone Harbor, $1,175,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 172902
8626 Sunset Drive, Stone Harbor, $1,295,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 172929
148 104th Street Street, Stone Harbor, $1,699,500, ACTIVE MLS#: 172915
9315 Sunset Drive, Stone Harbor, $1,799,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 172912
4515 Fourth Avenue, Avalon, $1,890,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 172872
302 42nd Street, Avalon, $1,995,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 172919
22 Linden Lane, Stone Harbor, $425,000, SOLD MLS#: 169049
29 Marine Way, Avalon, $995,000, SOLD MLS#: 171893
344 89th, Stone Harbor, $1,440,000, SOLD MLS#: 168495
202 75th Street, Avalon, $1,500,000, SOLD MLS#: 168636
507 20th Street, Avalon, $1,560,000, SOLD MLS#: 170951
2888 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,600,000, SOLD MLS#: 169426
271 45th Street, Avalon, $1,635,000, SOLD MLS#: 166756
407 20th Street, Avalon, $1,725,000, SOLD MLS#: 169311
141 20th Street, Avalon, $1,940,000, SOLD MLS#: 171272
45 E 11th Street, Avalon, $2,160,000, SOLD MLS#: 166564
26 E 14th Street, Avalon, $2,600,000, SOLD MLS#: 171774