NEW ARTIFICIAL REEF: The 115-foot Lisa Kim is expected to be sunk 8 miles northeast of Cape May Inlet on Thursday orFriday (depending upon weather conditions), as part of New Jersey’s artificial reef program. Another vessel was sunk last week 4.4 miles off Manasquan Inlet. Federal funding of artificial reefs had been cut off for several years due to disagreements between commercial and recreational fisherman, but the Department of Environmental Protection received $119,250 in funding for the sinking of the two vessels after Governor Christie adopted new artificial reef rules designed to end the years-long dispute. Another well-known vessel awaits her fate as a future artificial reef: the US Coast Guard Cutter Tamaroa, which gained notoriety after being featured in the movie The Perfect Storm, is currently in Norfolk, Virginia, awaiting environmental cleaning before she can be scuttled.
TURTLE RESCUE: A sea turtle was rescued on Avalon’s 12th Street beach Monday evening. Witnesses spotted the turtle stuck on the sand and reported it to police, who contacted the Marine Mammal Stranding Center. No official word as to how the turtle got stuck, or why it had to be rescued from the beach but you can watch a video clip of the rescue here: https://www.facebook.
COPS AND COFFEE: The Avalon Police Department recently announced its first “Cops and Coffee” session at Uncle Bill’s Pancake House. The session will give members of the public an opportunity to speak with police officers in a casual setting, and is scheduled for Friday, October 7th, from 8am to 10am. The public is encouraged to attend. The Stone Harbor Police Department recently became active on Twitter, in addition to Facebook, in order to share community news and public safety information via social media.
Sunset on a summer evening!
SEAFOOD LOVERS REJOICE! Two great seafood oriented events are just around the corner! First up is Sea Isle City’s Harborfest Saturday, October 1st from 11am to 4pm at 42nd Place and the Bay. At 1pm a Chowder Contest begins, followed by a Blessing of the Fleet ceremony at 2pm, and a raw clam-eating contest at 3pm.
Avalon’s Seafood Festival will take place Saturday & Sunday October 8 & 9, from 10am to 5pm both days at 30th Street and the beach. Seafood, music, and crafts will be featured, in addition to the annual Chowder Contest. Beer & wine will be available for sale, and on Sunday, the Eagles game will be streamed live.
- Avalon’s Fall Dune Grass Planting, sign up by calling Chuck McDonnell at 609-967-3066, volunteers report to Avalon Community Hall, 8:30AM, Saturday, October 1 (Rain Date is Sunday, October 2)
- IPad Workshop, Avalon Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon,
Saturday, October 1
- Sea Isle City’s Harborfest, seafood, live music, crafts, specialty vendors, nautical displays, 11AM-4PM, Saturday, October 1
- West Point Cadet Catholic Choir at St. Brendan the Navigator Parish, Maris Stella Church, Saturday & Sunday, October 1 & 2
- Beginner Genealogy Workshop, Avalon Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon,
Saturday, October 8
- Avalon’s Chamber of Commerce Seafood Festival, music, crafts, kids’ activities, food tent, more, 30th Street Parking Lot & Community Hall in Avalon, 10AM-5PM, Saturday &
Sunday, October 8 & 9
- Night Walk at the Cape May County Zoo, after-hours tour of the zoo, 6:30-8:30PM, Saturday, October 8
- Big Band Dance featuring John Clark’s Little Big Band, Avalon’s Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, October 8
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society presents the Al Harrison Dixieland Band, proceeds benefit the Food Bank of Southern Jersey, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street in Cape May, 2-4PM, Sunday, October 9
- South Jersey District Surfing Contest, Sea Isle City’s 40th Street Beach, 7AM-5PM, Saturday, October 15
- Mayor’s Cup Bocce Tournament, open to the public, 39th Street court in Avalon, 10AM, Saturday, October 15
- Creative Writing Seminar, Avalon Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon,
Saturday, October 15
- Seashell Sunday at the Wetlands Institute, on-hands exhibits, learning & fun, 12:30PM, Sunday, October 16
- Avalon Lions’ Club Pasta Night, Windrift Hotel at 80th Street & the beach, 4:30-7:30PM, Sunday, October 16
- Full Moon Climb at the Cape May Lighthouse, located at Cape May Point State Park in Lower Township, 800-275-4278 for info, 8-10PM, Sunday, October 16
- Boo at the Cape May County Zoo, family friendly free events, costume contest, craft stations, magic show, more,10AM-2PM, Saturday, October 22
- Stone Harbor’s Harvest Festival, 96th Street Shopping District, hayrides, trick or treating in the shops, more, 11AM-5PM, Saturday, October 22
- Snow Leopard Day at the Cape May County Zoo, snow leopard related programs, activities & zookeeper talks,11AM-2PM, Sunday, October 23
- Avalon’s Trunk or Treat, trick or treating at the 30th Street parking lot by Avalon’s Community Hall, 5-7PM,Saturday, October 29
- Trick or Treating in Avalon & Stone Harbor, 5-8PM, Monday, October 31
- Big Band Dance featuring Marilyn & the Monroes, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, November 5
Have you been looking to build on a nice beach block with no poles and a wide beach? This 4th back lot on the south side of the street was just reduced and may be just the ticket!
129 114th St., Stone Harbor, $1,955,000, ACTIVE MLS# 169704
Take this opportunity to own on a nice quiet street in Avalon, at the right price! This home on a full-size lot, has a wonderful backyard pool area with an oversize cabana and a huge 2nd floor master bedroom. This is a value that does not come along often.
238 43rd St., Avalon, $1,225,000, ACTIVE MLS# 171799
Enjoy the quiet privacy of this beautiful 5 bedroom home across from Obrien Park, in Avalon’s North End. Located on a corner 60′ x 110′ lot, this home is move-in ready for your summer enjoyment.
199 11th St., Avalon, $1,799,000, ACTIVE MLS# 171478 – Under Contract
Get started on the island in this updated 3 bedroom single-family rancher on an 85’x110′ lot. The lot is shared by the duplex in the rear, but gives you a very large lawn to enjoy. This is a nice street, walking distance to downtown Stone Harbor, and the price is attractive.
349 92nd St., Stone Harbor, $619,900, MLS# 171031 – REDUCED!
This beautiful one owner, Brandywine custom built beach block home was just reduced and is move-in ready. Attached garage and room for a pool. Take a look at the photos!
45 E 11th St., Avalon, $2,195,000, MLS# 166564 – Under Contract
Walk to town and the beach from your totally renovated Breakwater condo on 30th Street. When you are not on the beach, enjoy your new pool.
107 30th St., Avalon, $449,000, ACTIVE MLS# 170279 – REDUCED!
Build your dream house on this oversize 70 x 100 corner lot, just 2 blocks to the beach, in Stone Harbor’s quiet south-end.
235 118th St., Stone Harbor, $1,495,000, ACTIVE MLS# 170203 – Under Contract
Enjoy your summers with ocean views in this beautiful 3-story south-end Avalon home. You will love the open second floor great room with its cathedral ceiling, light and views; this house looks like new!
6918 Dune Dr., Avalon, $2,095,000, ACTIVE MLS# 170034 – Under Contract
Build your 4,500 sq. ft. dream Bayfront home on this empty 60′ x 155′ lot in Stone Harbor’s desirable South-end. This is a great location… Enjoy unlimited bay/wetlands/sunset views and walk just two blocks to the beach.
11825 Paradise Dr., Stone Harbor, $2,099,000, ACTIVE MLS #169905 – REDUCED!
Enjoy one of Avalon’s most unique homes and the recently added pool on this oversize 80 x 110 corner lot. If you prefer to build your dream house, this lot will accommodate a 6,000 sq. ft. home.
4656 Dune Drive, Avalon, $1,395,000, MLS# 168490 – Under Contract
Just reduced by $200K, this spectacular 6 bedroom home with a pool and wraparound porch sits on an oversize 70 x 110 lot. Beautiful decor, this property must be seen.
385 93rd St., Stone Harbor, $2,295,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165563
76 28th Street, Avalon, $505,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 172498
231 96th Street, Stone Harbor, $599,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 172513
358 39th Street, Avalon, $659,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 172508
222 83rd Street, Stone Harbor, $735,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 172446
227 117th Street S/S, Stone Harbor, $849,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 172485
323 40th Street, Avalon, $859,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 172542
2507 Dune Drive, Avalon, $879,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 172537
300 92nd Street, Stone Harbor, $899,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 172525
259 24th Street, Avalon, $899,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 172505
33 Marine Way, Avalon, $1,200,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 172489
139 12th Street, Avalon, $1,395,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 172465
286 69th Street, Avalon, $1,695,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 172443
35 E 12 Street, Avalon, $2,195,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 172524
39 Flamingo Drive, Avalon, $2,999,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 172466
189 63rd Street, Avalon, $3,995,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 172469
9401 Sunset Drive, Unit 1, Stone Harbor, $400,000, SOLD MLS#: 169260
E27 Stone Court, Stone Harbor, $624,000, SOLD MLS#: 171629
1116 Stone Harbor Blvd # 101, Stone Harbor Manor, $699,000, SOLD MLS#: 171172
302 42nd Street, Avalon, $725,000, SOLD MLS#: 151678
283 26th Street, Avalon, $725,000, SOLD MLS#: 171590
9600 First Avenue, Stone Harbor, $800,000, SOLD MLS#: 166430
276 64th Street, Avalon, $825,000, SOLD MLS#: 166892
226 108th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,100,000, SOLD MLS#: 166662
127 94th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,255,000, SOLD MLS#: 169645
235 118th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,300,000, SOLD MLS#: 170203
231 121st Street, Stone Harbor, $1,400,000, SOLD MLS#: 171765
222 122nd Street, Stone Harbor, $1,620,000, SOLD MLS#: 171378
3769 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,905,000, SOLD MLS#: 168856
70 Pelican Drive, Avalon, $2,300,000, SOLD MLS#: 167562
154 67th Street, Avalon, $3,800,000, SOLD MLS#: 156512
4816 Fifth Avenue, Avalon, $6,800,000, SOLD MLS#: 136935