PENDING CONTRACTS UP: August 2016 saw 53 pending sale contracts in the local market, up from 34 last August—a 56% increase! That’s a reflection of the recent strength seen in the market.
A NEW COAST GUARD CUTTER will soon be stationed at the Coast Guard Base in Cape May. The newly built 154-foot USCGC Rollin Fritch is named for a World War II era sailor who served aboard the USS Callaway in the Philippines in 1945. The Fritch is part of the Sentinel-class of cutters, and can reach speeds of 28 knots (32 mph), while remaining at sea five days at a time.
SAVOR SEPTEMBER, THEN CABARET NIGHT! Saturday, September 24th brings with it two favorite fall events. Savor September kicks off at noon in Stone Harbor’s 96th Street shopping district, and offers an array of activities including crafts, music, food, wine & beer, until 8pm. Saturday evening it’s Cabaret Night at Avalon Community Hall, beginning at 7pm. The Marinos Band will perform everything from Top 40 to Oldies, R&B, Classic Rock, and Dance tunes. Visit www.
ANNUAL DUNE GRASS PLANTING will take place in Avalon on Saturday, October 1st. Volunteers should report to Avalon Community Hall at 8:30am for donuts and coffee, and a brief planting demonstration. Volunteers will be transported to planting sites by borough trucks. A complimentary lunch will follow at Community Hall. If there is still planting to be completed, planting will resume after lunch for those who are able to continue. Please contact Chuck McDonnell at Community Hall (609-967-3066) or Sue Keen at the Mayor’s Office (609-967-5924) for questions or to sign up.
STONE HARBOR BACK BAY DREDGING: Equipment has been mobilized as the contractor prepares to resume dredging operations in Stone Harbor. For a Borough update on progress, please click here: http://stoneharbornj.
- Irish Fall Festival featuring music, dancing, food, crafts, more, along NJ Avenue in North Wildwood, Thursday–Sunday, September 22-25
- Irish Festival Weekend, Sea Isle City, Friday–Sunday, September 23-25
- Night Walk at the Cape May County Zoo, after-hours tour of the zoo, 6:30-8:30PM, Friday, September 23
- Stone Harbor’s Savor September 5th Annual Food, Wine & Beer Festival, crafts, kids’ activities, music, more, 96th Street Shopping District, Noon-8PM, Saturday, September 24
- Avalon Performing Arts Council Cabaret Night featuring The Marino Dance Band, Avalon Community Hall, doors open at 6:30PM, show begins at 7:30PM, Saturday, September 24
- Avalon’s Fall Dune Grass Planting, sign up by calling Chuck McDonnell at 609-967-3066, volunteers report to Avalon Community Hall, 8:30AM, Saturday, October 1 (Rain Date is Sunday, October 2)
- IPad Workshop, Avalon Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon, Sa
turday, October 1
- Basket Weaving Workshop, Avalon Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-4PM, Sat
urday, October 1
- Sea Isle City’s Harborfest, Marina Park, Saturday, October 1, 11AM-4PM
- Beginner Genealogy Workshop, Avalon Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon, Sa
turday, October 8
- Avalon’s Chamber of Commerce Seafood Festival, music, crafts, kids’ activities, food tent, more, 30th Street Parking Lot & Community Hall in Avalon, 10AM-5PM, Saturday & S
unday, October 8 & 9
- Night Walk at the Cape May County Zoo, after-hours tour of the zoo, 6:30-8:30PM, Saturday, October 8
- Big Band Dance featuring John Clark’s Little Big Band, Avalon’s Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, October 8
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society presents the Al Harrison Dixieland Band, proceeds benefit the Food Bank of Southern Jersey, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street in Cape May, 2-4PM, Sunday, October 9
- South Jersey District Surfing Contest, Sea Isle City’s 40th Street Beach, 7AM-5PM, Saturday, October 15
- Mayor’s Cup Bocce Tournament, open to the public, 39th Street court in Avalon, 10AM, Saturday, October 15
- Seashell Sunday at the Wetlands Institute, on-hands exhibits, learning & fun, 12:30PM, Sunday, October 16
- Avalon Lions’ Club Pasta Night, Windrift Hotel at 80th Street & the beach, 4:30-7:30PM, Sunday, October 16
- Boo at the Cape May County Zoo, family friendly free events, costume contest, craft stations, magic show, more,10AM-2PM, Saturday, October 22
- Stone Harbor’s Harvest Festival, 96th Street Shopping District, hayrides, trick or treating in the shops, more, 11AM-5PM, Saturday, October 22
- Snow Leopard Day at the Cape May County Zoo, snow leopard related programs, activities & zookeeper talks,11AM-2PM, Sunday, October 23
- Avalon’s Trunk or Treat, trick or treating at the 30th Street parking lot by Avalon’s Community Hall, 5-7PM, Saturday, October 29
- Big Band Dance featuring Marilyn & the Monroes, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, November 5
This one-of-a-kind 7 bedroom, 4,800 sq. ft. home with wrap-around decks, large pool and cabana, and ocean views, sits on a huge 100′ x 110′ lot. With the added plus of being located in one of the nicest sections of Stone Harbor, this home is a winner!
Take this opportunity to own on a nice quiet street in Avalon, at the right price! This home on a full-size lot, has a wonderful backyard pool area with an oversize cabana and a huge 2nd floor master bedroom. This is a value that does not come along often.
Enjoy the quiet privacy of this beautiful 5 bedroom home across from Obrien Park, in Avalon’s North End. Located on a corner 60′ x 110′ lot, this home is move-in ready for your summer enjoyment.
199 11th St., Avalon, $1,799,000, ACTIVE MLS# 171478 – Under Contract
Get started on the island in this updated 3 bedroom single-family rancher on an 85’x110′ lot. The lot is shared by the duplex in the rear, but gives you a very large lawn to enjoy. This is a nice street, walking distance to downtown Stone Harbor, and the price is attractive.
This beautiful one owner, Brandywine custom built beach block home was just reduced and is move-in ready. Attached garage and room for a pool. Take a look at the photos!
45 E 11th St., Avalon, $2,195,000, MLS# 166564 – Under Contract
Walk to town and the beach from your totally renovated Breakwater condo on 30th Street. When you are not on the beach, enjoy your new pool.
Build your dream house on this oversize 70 x 100 corner lot, just 2 blocks to the beach, in Stone Harbor’s quiet south-end.
235 118th St., Stone Harbor, $1,495,000, ACTIVE MLS# 170203 – Under Contract
Enjoy your summers with ocean views in this beautiful 3-story south-end Avalon home. You will love the open second floor great room with its cathedral ceiling, light and views; this house looks like new!
6918 Dune Dr., Avalon, $2,095,000, ACTIVE MLS# 170034 – Under Contract
Build your 4,500 sq. ft. dream Bayfront home on this empty 60′ x 155′ lot in Stone Harbor’s desirable South-end. This is a great location… Enjoy unlimited bay/wetlands/sunset views and walk just two blocks to the beach.
Enjoy one of Avalon’s most unique homes and the recently added pool on this oversize 80 x 110 corner lot. If you prefer to build your dream house, this lot will accommodate a 6,000 sq. ft. home.
4656 Dune Drive, Avalon, $1,395,000, MLS# 168490 – Under Contract
Just reduced by $200K, this spectacular 6 bedroom home with a pool and wraparound porch sits on an oversize 70 x 110 lot. Beautiful decor, this property must be seen.
280 79th Street, Avalon, $550,000, SOLD MLS#: 171282
14 Hallman Drive, Stone Harbor Manor, $605,000, SOLD MLS#: 171377
1127 Stone Harbor Blvd A22, Stone Harbor Manor, $630,000, SOLD MLS#: 165514
332 87th Street, Front Unit, Stone Harbor, $700,000, SOLD MLS#: 170654
286 67th Street – Unit B, Avalon, $801,000, SOLD MLS#: 171341
273 34th Street, Avalon, $840,000, SOLD MLS#: 170699
129 19th Street, Avalon, $1,050,000, SOLD MLS#: 171523
3289 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,195,000, SOLD MLS#: 170688
6640 Ocean Drive Unit C-N, Avalon, $1,320,000, SOLD MLS#: 167701
179 29th Street, Avalon, $1,470,000, SOLD MLS#: 170866
161 103rd Street, Stone Harbor, $1,500,000, SOLD MLS#: 170437
75 W 21st, Avalon, $1,612,000, SOLD MLS#: 168947
1710 Avalon Avenue, Avalon, $1,690,000, SOLD MLS#: 170589
9801 First Avenue, Stone Harbor, $1,780,000, SOLD MLS#: 170675
7179 Dune Drive, Avalon, $2,050,000, SOLD MLS#: 170273
111 116th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,370,000, SOLD MLS#: 169887
3265 First Avenue, Avalon, $2,650,000, SOLD MLS#: 169370
11015 First Avenue, Stone Harbor, $3,250,000, SOLD MLS#: 162630
103 119th Street, Stone Harbor, $4,800,000, SOLD MLS#: 162648