OCEAN DRIVE and its planned reconstruction will be discussed at an informational meeting hosted by the Avalon Home and Land Owners Association and the Borough of Avalon this Saturday, at 9am. A section of the road from 29th Street to 62nd Street will receive new sewer service, followed by a reconstruction of the roadway. A portion of the roadway will be elevated with new drainage added, to help alleviate nuisance flooding caused by rain. Work is expected to begin in March 2017, then break for the summer season. It will resume in September 2017 until completion. Homeowners and the public are invited to attend the informational meeting, which will be held at the Avalon Community Center.
BRIDGE INSPECTIONS began earlier this week on the Avalon Boulevard Bridge over the Intracoastal Waterway. Several additional bridges will be inspected over the next couple of weeks, including Sea Isle Boulevard, 96th Street Bridge, and Ocean Drive over Great Channel just south of Stone Harbor. Lane closings will occur as each bridge is inspected; expect minor delays if traversing a bridge while an inspection is taking place.
A beautiful September afternoon along the bay in Stone Harbor.
STONE HARBOR BACK BAY DREDGING: An update on Stone Harbor’s back bay dredging plan has been posted to the Borough’s website. Instead of hydraulic dredging, which led to problems dewatering dredge material at the 81st Street Municipal Marina last year, mechanical dredging will be used moving forward. A backhoe on a barge will excavate dredge material, which will be transported to the marina site and eventually mixed with Portland cement, before being hauled away. To view the presentation slides click here: http://stoneharbornj.
IF YOU’VE DRIVEN NORTH on Ocean Drive through Sea Isle City in the past, you’ve probably taken note of the site used to test paint and other coatings in the seaside environment. Ocean City Research has operated the site for many years, but it will not be renewing its lease. Sea Isle City is currently exploring other possible uses for the site. For details, see this Atlantic City Press article: http://www.
- Cape May Lighthouse Full Moon Climb, call 609-884-5404 for info, Friday, September 16
- 21st Annual Nun’s Beach Surf Contest, 111th Street Beach in Stone Harbor, 7AM, Saturday, September 17
- Avalon Home & Land Owners’ Association & Borough of Avalon presentation on the Ocean Drive Construction Project, Avalon Community Hall, 9AM, Saturday, September 17
- Wetlands Institute Fall Migration Festival, guided viewing of migratory birds, demonstrations, live animal presentations, more, 9:30AM-4:30PM, Saturday
& Sunday, September 17 & 18
- Sea Isle City Fall Family Festival, crafts, food, live music, amusement rides, kids’ activities, more, Saturday & Sunday, September 17 & 18
- Creative Writing Seminar at the Avalon Public Library, register by calling 609-967-7155, 10AM-
Noon, Saturday, September 17
- International Red Panda Day at the Cape May County Zoo, red panda related programs, activities & zookeeper talks, 10AM-3PM, Saturday, September 17
- Irish Fall Festival featuring music, dancing, food, crafts, more, along NJ Avenue in North Wildwood, Thursday–Sunday, September 22-25
- Night Walk at the Cape May County Zoo, after-hours tour of the zoo, 6:30-8:30PM, Friday, September 23
- Stone Harbor’s Savor September 5th Annual Food, Wine & Beer Festival, crafts, kids’ activities, music, more, 96th Street Shopping District, Noon-8PM, Saturday, September 24
- Avalon Performing Arts Council Cabaret Night featuring Billy Joel Tribute & Marino Dance Band, Avalon Community Hall, doors open at 6:30PM, show begins at 7:30PM,Saturday, September 24
- Avalon’s Fall Dune Grass Planting, sign up by calling Chuck McDonnell at 609-967-3066, volunteers report to Avalon Community Hall, 8:30AM, Saturday, October 1 (Rain Date is Sunday, October 2)
- IPad Workshop, Avalon Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon, Sa
turday, October 1
- Beginner Genealogy Workshop, Avalon Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon, Sa
turday, October 8
- Avalon’s Chamber of Commerce Seafood Festival, music, crafts, kids’ activities, food tent, more, 30th Street Parking Lot & Community Hall in Avalon, 10AM-5PM,Saturday & Su
nday, October 8 & 9
- Big Band Dance featuring John Clark’s Little Big Band, Avalon’s Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, October 8
- Mayor’s Cup Bocce Tournament, open to the public, 39th Street court in Avalon, 10AM, Saturday, October 15
- Seashell Sunday at the Wetlands Institute, on-hands exhibits, learning & fun, 12:30PM, Sunday, October 16
- Avalon Lions’ Club Pasta Night, Windrift Hotel at 80th Street & the beach, 4:30-7:30PM, Sunday, October 16
- Stone Harbor’s Harvest Festival, 96th Street Shopping District, hayrides, trick or treating in the shops, more, 11AM-5PM, Saturday, October 22
Take this opportunity to own on a nice quiet street in Avalon, at the right price! This home on a full-size lot, has a wonderful backyard pool area with an oversize cabana and a huge 2nd floor master bedroom. This is a value that does not come along often.
Enjoy the quiet privacy of this beautiful 5 bedroom home across from Obrien Park, in Avalon’s North End. Located on a corner 60′ x 110′ lot, this home is move-in ready for your summer enjoyment.
199 11th St., Avalon, $1,799,000, ACTIVE MLS# 171478 – Under Contract
Get started on the island in this updated 3 bedroom single-family rancher on an 85’x110′ lot. The lot is shared by the duplex in the rear, but gives you a very large lawn to enjoy. This is a nice street, walking distance to downtown Stone Harbor, and the price is attractive.
This beautiful one owner, Brandywine custom built beach block home was just reduced and is move-in ready. Attached garage and room for a pool. Take a look at the photos!
45 E 11th St., Avalon, $2,195,000, MLS# 166564 – Under Contract
Walk to town and the beach from your totally renovated Breakwater condo on 30th Street. When you are not on the beach, enjoy your new pool.
Build your dream house on this oversize 70 x 100 corner lot, just 2 blocks to the beach, in Stone Harbor’s quiet south-end.
235 118th St., Stone Harbor, $1,495,000, ACTIVE MLS# 170203 – Under Contract
Enjoy your summers with ocean views in this beautiful 3-story south-end Avalon home. You will love the open second floor great room with its cathedral ceiling, light and views; this house looks like new!
6918 Dune Dr., Avalon, $2,095,000, ACTIVE MLS# 170034 – Under Contract
Build your 4,500 sq. ft. dream Bayfront home on this empty 60′ x 155′ lot in Stone Harbor’s desirable South-end. This is a great location… Enjoy unlimited bay/wetlands/sunset views and walk just two blocks to the beach.
Enjoy one of Avalon’s most unique homes and the recently added pool on this oversize 80 x 110 corner lot. If you prefer to build your dream house, this lot will accommodate a 6,000 sq. ft. home.
4656 Dune Drive, Avalon, $1,395,000, MLS# 168490 – Under Contract
Just reduced by $200K, this spectacular 6 bedroom home with a pool and wraparound porch sits on an oversize 70 x 110 lot. Beautiful decor, this property must be seen.
184 26th Street, Avalon, $490,000, SOLD MLS#: 171434
1116 Stone Harbor Blvd # 101, Stone Harbor Manor, $699,000, SOLD MLS#: 171172
15 99th Unit J, Stone Harbor, $710,000, SOLD MLS#: 168750
282 50th Street, Avalon, $975,000, SOLD MLS#: 168786
276 43rd Street, Avalon, $1,095,000, SOLD MLS#: 171225
1918 First Avenue, Avalon, $1,155,000, SOLD MLS#: 166960
230 65th Street, Avalon, $1,200,000, SOLD MLS#: 171198
231 121st Street, Stone Harbor, $1,400,000, SOLD MLS#: 171765
7729 Sunset Drive, Avalon, $1,500,000, SOLD MLS#: 168089
222 122nd Street, Stone Harbor, $1,620,000, SOLD MLS#: 171378
7389 Dune Drive, Avalon, $2,450,000, SOLD MLS#: 170999
9905 Sunrise Drive, Stone Harbor, $3,250,000, SOLD MLS#: 169019