HIGHER RATES? Federal Reserve Chairwoman Janet Yellen speculated recently that one or more interest rate hikes could come soon, based on recent economic activity and job gains. One thing is certain—current interest rates are very attractive by an historical measure. Consider refinancing properties you already own to lock in low rates. If you’re considering purchasing a vacation home, do it now to secure low financing costs for the duration of your ownership! Ready to start looking? Please call me today!
What a fun way to beat the heat on a hot August afternoon!
FISH TALES! A 754-pound blue marlin was weighed in at Cape May during last week’s 25th Annual MidAtlantic Fishing Tournament. The fish earned a $531,513 prize for the captain & crew, who hail from Lighthouse Point, Florida. The vast majority of billfish caught were released, with only the heaviest being weighed in. Other notable catches included a 236-pound tuna and a 53-pound mahi mahi. The total prize money payout for the MidAtlantic event was $3.16 million. Elsewhere in Cape May County, a fisherman caught an 11.68-pound flounder on the beach in Corson’s Inlet (behind Strathmere) last week.
45 MILLION AND COUNTING: The Cape May-Lewes Ferry transported its 45 millionth passenger last week. A family from northern New Jersey purchased tickets for passage to Delaware, and were then presented with free passage, plus a certificate for future free passage, as well as some Cape May-Lewes Ferry branded gift items. Ferries began making the 17-mile Delaware Bay crossing on July 1, 1964. Whether travelling long distance, making a day trip, or crossing the Bay as a foot passenger, the ferry ride is always a delight. Beautiful panoramas, sunsets, and dolphins are among the many sights to be seen.
HARBOR SQUARE THEATRE recently opened in Stone Harbor after the aging theatre was fully renovated. There’s a new twist though—in addition to traditional movie favorites such as popcorn and candy, patrons can enjoy appetizers, beer, and wine from the Harbor Burger Bar, which can be taken into the theatre. Visit http://www.
AIRFEST returns to Naval Air Station Wildwood Friday through
EXTEND YOUR SUMMER SEASON—enjoy beautiful fall weekends at the shore! From cooler weather to smaller crowds to great activities, the fall is a delightful season! See below for a list of fun activities!
- IPad Workshop at the Avalon Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon,
Saturday, September 3
- Sea Isle City’s Fall Food Truck Festival, noon, Friday,
Saturday & Sunday, September 9, 10 & 11
- Stone Harbor Property Owners’ Association Fall Members’ Meeting, Harbor Square Theater, 9AM, Saturday, September 10
- Avalon Home & Land Owners’ Association Meeting, Christa Fitzsimmons will speak on Services for Seniors, Avalon Community Hall, 10AM, Saturday, September 10
- Avalon’s Chamber of Commerce End-of-Summer Shop Hop, Avalon Shopping District, Saturday & Sunday, September 10 & 11
- Stone Harbor’s Go Green Fair featuring information on solar energy, re-purposed materials, electric cars, clean energy, natural products, more, 94th Street Parking Lot, 11AM-2PM, Saturday, September 10
- Night Walk at the Cape May County Zoo, after hours tour of the zoo, 6:30-8:30PM, Saturday, September 10
- Avalon History Center Author Lecture featuring Robert Rawlins, author of ‘Tunes of the Twenties,’ 7PM, Saturday, September 10
- Big Band Dance featuring Tony DeLuca & the Paisans, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, September 10
- Stone Harbor’s 9/11 Remembrance Ceremony, Freedom Park at 96th Street & Seng Place, 11AM-1PM, Sunday, September 11
- Cape May Lighthouse Full Moon Climb, call 609-884-5404 for info, Friday, September 16
- 21st Annual Nun’s Beach Surf Contest, 111th Street Beach, 7AM, Saturday, September 17
- Wetlands Institute Fall Migration Festival, guided viewing of migratory birds, demonstrations, live animal presentations, more, 9:30AM-4:30PM, Saturday
& Sunday, September 17 & 18
- Creative Writing Seminar at the Avalon Public Library, register by calling 609-967-7155, 10AM-
Noon, Saturday, September 17
- International Red Panda Day at the Cape May County Zoo, red panda related programs, activities & zookeeper talks, 10AM-3PM, Saturday, September 17
- Stone Harbor’s Savor September 5th Annual Food, Wine & Beer Festival, crafts, kids’ activities, music, more, 96th Street Shopping District, Noon-8PM, Saturday, September 24
- Avalon Performing Arts Council Cabaret Night featuring Billy Joel Tribute & Marino Dance Band, Avalon Community Hall, doors open at 6:30PM, show begins at 7:30PM, Saturday, September 24
- Avalon’s Chamber of Commerce Seafood Festival, music, crafts, kids’ activities, food tent, more, 30th Street Parking Lot & Community Hall in Avalon, 10AM-5PM, Saturday &
Sunday, October 8 & 9
- Big Band Dance featuring John Clark’s Little Big Band, Avalon’s Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, October 8
Take this opportunity to own on a nice quiet street in Avalon, at the right price! This home on a full-size lot, has a wonderful backyard pool area with an oversize cabana and a huge 2nd floor master bedroom. This is a value that does not come along often.
Enjoy the quiet privacy of this beautiful 5 bedroom home across from Obrien Park, in Avalon’s North End. Located on a corner 60′ x 110′ lot, this home is move-in ready for your summer enjoyment.
Get started on the island in this updated 3 bedroom single-family rancher on an 85’x110′ lot. The lot is shared by the duplex in the rear, but gives you a very large lawn to enjoy. This is a nice street, walking distance to downtown Stone Harbor, and the price is attractive.
This beautiful one owner, Brandywine custom built beach block home was just reduced and is move-in ready. Attached garage and room for a pool. Take a look at the photos!
Walk to town and the beach from your totally renovated Breakwater condo on 30th Street. When you are not on the beach, enjoy your new pool.
Build your dream house on this oversize 70 x 100 corner lot, just 2 blocks to the beach, in Stone Harbor’s quiet south-end.
235 118th St., Stone Harbor, $1,495,000, ACTIVE MLS# 170203 – Under Contract
Enjoy your summers with ocean views in this beautiful 3-story south-end Avalon home. You will love the open second floor great room with its cathedral ceiling, light and views; this house looks like new!
6918 Dune Dr., Avalon, $2,095,000, ACTIVE MLS# 170034 – Under Contract
Build your 4,500 sq. ft. dream Bayfront home on this empty 60′ x 155′ lot in Stone Harbor’s desirable South-end. This is a great location… Enjoy unlimited bay/wetlands/sunset views and walk just two blocks to the beach.
Enjoy one of Avalon’s most unique homes and the recently added pool on this oversize 80 x 110 corner lot. If you prefer to build your dream house, this lot will accommodate a 6,000 sq. ft. home.
4656 Dune Drive, Avalon, $1,395,000, MLS# 168490 – Under Contract
Just reduced by $200K, this spectacular 6 bedroom home with a pool and wraparound porch sits on an oversize 70 x 110 lot. Beautiful decor, this property must be seen.
2657 Dune Drive, Avalon, $380,000, SOLD MLS#: 164745
440 20th Street, Avalon, $495,000, SOLD MLS#: 169833
417 22nd Street, Avalon, $525,000, SOLD MLS#: 170304
292 33rd Street, Avalon, $600,000, SOLD MLS#: 166634
276 23rd Street, Avalon, $902,500, SOLD MLS#: 171134
5088 Dune Drive, Avalon, $1,200,000, SOLD MLS#: 169924
7729 Sunset Drive, Avalon, $1,500,000, SOLD MLS#: 168089
222 121st Street, Stone Harbor, $1,517,500, SOLD MLS#: 168334
56 E 19th Street, Avalon, $2,300,000, SOLD MLS#: 171481
262 66th Street, Avalon, $2,360,000, SOLD MLS#: 171530