GRAY SKIES COULDN’T STOP THE RED, WHITE, AND BLUE this weekend! Numerous July 4th celebrations took place on the Island this weekend, including fireworks displays in Avalon and Stone Harbor, despite some rain. The busy weekend began Thursday evening as visitors made their way to the Island, and continued through Monday evening.
IF YOU MISSED THE FIREWORKS, or simply want more, catch them again Friday and Saturday
Avalon’s huge fireworks display over the ocean delighted crowds on the beach, beach paths, and boardwalk. In the foreground an iPad is held up to record the show.
STAR-SPANGLED SING ALONG: Facebook users will get a kick out of this patriotic sing along, orchestrated by three Stone Harbor lifeguards over the weekend! https://www.facebook.
SUMMER FLOUNDER SEASON is heating up with good catches of the flatties being reported from Long Beach Island to Cape May. Many keepers are being reported in the back bays, with some of the larger fish weighing five to seven pounds. As the bay water warms up, watch for the fish to move to the cooler inlet and ocean waters. Why not spend a day fishing? Rent a small boat at Smuggler’s Cove in Stone Harbor to fish back bay waters for the day, or climb aboard the Miss Avalon for a four-hour ocean trip.
CONCERTS, BEACH MOVIES, FAMILY NIGHTS…the list of events below has a little something for everyone. Take the time to enjoy them with your family while you’re here!
- Avalon’s Thursdays on Dune Concert featuring The Mango Men, Veteran’s Plaza, 7PM, Thursday, July 7
- Thursdays on the Lawn Concert featuring Jim Bannach, St. Mary’s Episcopal Church, 7:30-9PM, Thursday, July 7
- 36th Annual Avalon 5 Miler & 2 Mile Walk, Avalon Community Hall, 8AM, Saturday, July 9
- Stone Harbor Bird Sanctuary Tour led by a Wetlands Institute docent, meet at the Egret Espy Trail entrance at 114th Street & Second Avenue, 10AM, Saturday &
Sunday, July 9 & 10
- Brendan Borek Low Tide Beach Ride, 9th Street beach, 6PM, Saturday, July 9
- Big Band Dance featuring The Serenaders, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, July 9
- Wildwood Fireworks (re-scheduled from July 4), 10PM, Saturday, July 9
- Stone Harbor Farmer’s Market, 95th Street Water Tower Plaza, 8AM-12:30PM, Sunday, July 10
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society presents the Al Harrison Dixieland Band, benefits the Food Bank of Southern Jersey, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, 2-4PM, Sunday, July 10
- Avalon’s Children’s Beach Day, 30th Street Pavilion, 10AM, Monday, July 11
- 54th Annual Stone Harbor Al Cunard Baby Parade, parade along 96th Street, registration at 5:30PM, parade starts at 6PM, Monday, July 11
- Avalon’s Children’s Event, Avalon Elementary School, 11AM Tuesday, July 12
- Stone Harbor’s Tuesday at the Tower featuring Bluebone, 95th Street Water Tower Plaza, 7-8:30PM, Tuesday, July 12
- Avalon’s Big Beach Movie featuring Minions, 30th Street & the beach, dusk, Tuesday, July 12
- Avalon Public Library lecture featuring Robert Ross discussing ‘How I Built My R2-D2’, 6:30PM, Wednesday, July 13
- Stone Harbor Museum Program titled ‘Invented in New Jersey,’ lecture and book signing by Linda Barth, American Legion Post #331 at 117th Street & Second Avenue,7PM, Wednesday, July 13
- Stone Harbor Family Movie Night, Stone Harbor Elementary School, 8PM, Wednesday, July 13
- Thursdays on Dune Concert featuring Where’s Pete, Veteran’s Plaza in Avalon, 7PM, Thursday, July 14
- Avalon’s Flip Flop Walk benefiting The Parkinson’s Council, Boardwalk at 32nd Street & the beach, 8AM, Saturday, July 16
- Symphony By the Sea Opera Gala featuring the Bay Atlantic Symphony, Avalon Elementary School Gymnasium, free tickets available at the library, 7PM, Saturday, July 16
- Blueberry Festival at the Lutheran Church of Our Saviour, 9212 Third Avenue in Stone Harbor, 6:30-8:30PM, Sunday, July 17
- Stone Harbor’s Tuesdays at the Tower featuring Radio Neon, 95th Street Water Tower Plaza, 7-8:30PM, Tuesday, July 19
- Cape May Lighthouse Full Moon Climb, 8PM-10PM, Tuesday, July 19
- Avalon’s Big Beach Movie featuring Inside Out, 30th Street beach, dusk, Tuesday, July 19
- On the Way to Cape May lecture, topic is Sea Isle City, Avalon History Center, 7PM, Wednesday, July 20
- Wetlands Institute Crabulous Crab Day, family fun including crafts, games, crabbing tips, crab cook-off, much more, The Wetlands Institute, 9:30AM-3PM, Friday, July 22
Get started on the island in this updated 3 bedroom single-family rancher on an 85’x110′ lot. The lot is shared by the duplex in the rear, but gives you a very large lawn to enjoy. This is a nice street, walking distance to downtown Stone Harbor, and the price is attractive.
This beautiful one owner, Brandywine custom built beach block home was just reduced and is move-in ready. Attached garage and room for a pool. Take a look at the photos!
Walk to town and the beach from your totally renovated Breakwater condo on 30th Street. When you are not on the beach, enjoy your new pool.
Build your dream house on this oversize 70 x 100 corner lot, just 2 blocks to the beach, in Stone Harbor’s quiet south-end.
235 118th St., Stone Harbor, $1,495,000, ACTIVE MLS# 170203 – Under Contract
Enjoy your summers with ocean views in this beautiful 3-story south-end Avalon home. You will love the open second floor great room with its cathedral ceiling, light and views; this house looks like new!
Build your 4,500 sq. ft. dream Bayfront home on this empty 60′ x 155′ lot in Stone Harbor’s desirable South-end. This is a great location… Enjoy unlimited bay/wetlands/sunset views and walk just two blocks to the beach.
Enjoy one of Avalon’s most unique homes and the recently added pool on this oversize 80 x 110 corner lot. If you prefer to build your dream house, this lot will accommodate a 6,000 sq. ft. home.
Beautiful brand new Tom Welsh home with a pool in Stone Harbor. Lovely wall colors and stunning kitchen. Walk to the beach or the center of town.
249 88th St., Stone Harbor, $1,795,000, ACTIVE MLS# 163969 – Under Contract
Just reduced by $200K, this spectacular 6 bedroom home with a pool and wraparound porch sits on an oversize 70 x 110 lot. Beautiful decor, this property must be seen.
Just reduced by $400K, this home sits on an oversize beach block corner lot, it’s the 4th house from the beach. Utility poles and wires are being removed from this block to enhance your ocean view. This is an opportunity at $ 2.295m.
115 120th St., Stone Harbor, $2,195,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165421 – Under Contract
4814 Fifth Avenue, Avalon, $5,995,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 171071
7800 Dune Drive, Avalon, $265,000, SOLD MLS#: 170010
2823 Dune Drive 2nd Floor Rear, Avalon, $519,000, SOLD MLS#: 165118
10813 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $585,000, SOLD MLS#: 164176
2248 Avalon Avenue, Avalon, $600,000, SOLD MLS#: 168553
2015 Dune Drive, Avalon, $685,000, SOLD MLS#: 169772
282 32nd Street East Unit, Avalon, $735,000, SOLD MLS#: 166422
2487 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $775,000, SOLD MLS#: 165925
354 92nd Street, Stone Harbor, $1,950,000, SOLD MLS#: 170730
35 W 16th Street, Avalon, $2,425,000, SOLD MLS#: 167352
34 Pelican Drive, Avalon, $2,750,000, SOLD MLS#: 169705