45,000 CUBIC YARDS of sand have already been moved during Avalon’s sand backpassing project, designed to rebuild and protect the borough’s north end beaches. The project is nearly finished and will conclude no later than June 10th. A major hydraulic beach fill (dredging) project is anticipated after the 2016 beach season.
RESTAURANT WEEK runs through Sunday, June 12th. Dozens of Island restaurants are participating, and offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner specials. Visit your favorites, or try out a couple of new places! Check the list of participating restaurants and their schedules here: http://www.
CHELSEA PLACE PARK in Stone Harbor will celebrate a grand reopening on June 17th at 9:30am, after a complete makeover. New slides, swings, and other playground equipment will make the park a favorite among children. Adults will enjoy sitting on a bench in the shade, or a stroll around the walking path. Chelsea Place Park is located between 105th & 106th Streets, between Second & Third Avenues.
AVALON BAY PARK MARINA has been dredged to improve boat access, and is now open to boaters through the summer. Additional areas of the marina and adjacent navigation channel will be dredged in the fall.
THE CAPE MAY-LEWES FERRY fleet is back at full strength as the MV Delaware returns to service after a $3.5 million, five month engine replacement. The Delaware’s new engines will cut fuel consumption and emissions by 40%. Grants are expected to pay for future upgrades to the MV New Jersey and the MV Cape Henlopen as well. The Cape May-Lewes Ferry operates up to a dozen round trips across Delaware Bay each day during the height of the season.
THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS on the Island offer nearly everything you’ll find during the height of the summer, but without the crowds! The beaches are delightful, the fishing is good, restaurants and shops are open, and the excitement of another summer season is here! Take advantage of a couple of quiet weeks before the peak season (and crowds!) are here!
FROM $199,000 to $10 MILLION, there’s something for every budget on Seven Mile Island! Whether you’re looking for a getaway condo or a mansion by the sea, let’s work together to make it happen! There’s still time to complete your purchase and enjoy the summer in your new shore home!
- 7 Mile Island Restaurant Week, nearly 40 local establishments offering breakfast, lunch & dinner specials, now through Sunday, June 12
- Basketball ‘Triple Threat’ skills & games for boys & girls ages 8-14, Stone Harbor’s 82nd Street Recreation Center, check www.shoreshot.net for details, Fridaynights beginning Friday, June 10
- Avalon Historical Society’s Miniature Golf Competition, held at Go Fish Mini Golf Course in Avalon, 9AM, Saturday, June 11
- Stone Harbor Property Owners’ Association Meeting, first annual beach & bay report, Stone Harbor Elementary School, 9AM, Saturday, June 11
- Avalon Home & Land Owners’ Association Meeting, featured speaker is Norman Gluckman, Director of Avalon’s Public Library, Avalon Senior Center, 10AM,Saturday, June 11
- Big Band Dance featuring The Star Band, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, June 11
- Stone Harbor’s Farmers Market, 95th Street Water Tower Plaza, 8AM-12:30PM, Sunday, June 12
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society Presents the Midiri Brothers, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, 2-4PM, Sunday, June 12
- American Legion Post #331 Flag Day Ceremony, 11617 Second Avenue, Noon, Tuesday, June 14
- Stone Harbor’s Chelsea Place Park, grand re-opening, 9:30AM, Friday, June 17
- Avalon Performing Arts Council 29th Annual Art Show & Sale, opening night & preview from 7-9PM on Friday, June 17, show & sale from 10AM-4PM on Saturday, June 18
- Avalon Free Public Library Open House, games, crafts, food, face painting, more, 9AM-1PM, Saturday, June 18
- Hereford Inlet Lighthouse Maritime Festival, artists, crafters, authors, food, music, more, 111 N. Central Avenue, North Wildwood, 10AM-5PM on
Saturday, June 18 & 10AM-4PM on Sunday, June 19
- Avalon Historical Society Olde House Tour, 1-4PM, Saturday, June 18
- Sea Isle City’s Skimmer Weekend, food, crafts, live music, family activities, more, Saturday & Sunday, June 18 & 19
- Stone Harbor Farmers Market, 95th Street Water Tower Plaza, 8AM-12:30PM, Sunday, June 19
- Cape May County Zoo Giraffe Day, giraffe related programs, activities & zookeeper talks, 10AM-3PM, Sunday, June 19
- St. Mary’s Episcopal Church Strawberry Festival, 6:30-8:30PM, Sunday, June 19
- Avalon History Center Trivia Night, 7PM, Wednesday, June 22
- Cape May County Zoo Night Out with the Critters, BBQ dinner & behind the scenes look at the animals, 5:30-8:30PM, Friday, June 24
- Stone Harbor Farmers Market, 95th Street Water Tower Plaza, 8AM-12:30PM, Sunday, June 26
- Avalon’s Big Beach Movie featuring Cinderella, 30th Street beach, dusk, Tuesday, June 28
- On the Way to Cape May historic lecture, Avalon History Center, 7PM, Wednesday, June 29
- Stone Harbor Movie Night on the Lawn featuring Open Season: Scared Silly, Stone Harbor Elementary School, 8PM, Wednesday, June 29
- Thursdays on Dune Concert featuring 63rd Army Band, Veteran’s Plaza, 7PM, Thursday, June 30
Walk to town and the beach from your totally renovated Breakwater condo on 30th Street. When you are not on the beach, enjoy your new pool.
Build your dream house on this oversize 70 x 100 corner lot, just 2 blocks to the beach, in Stone Harbor’s quiet south-end.
Enjoy your summers with ocean views in this beautiful 3-story south-end Avalon home. You will love the open second floor great room with its cathedral ceiling, light and views; this house looks like new!
Build your 4,500 sq. ft. dream Bayfront home on this empty 60′ x 155′ lot in Stone Harbor’s desirable South-end. This is a great location… Enjoy unlimited bay/wetlands/sunset views and walk just two blocks to the beach.
If you have ever considered starting your own business in Stone Harbor, here is your opportunity! The iconic Terry Ivory jewelry store in the heart of the 96th St. business district is for sale. This sale is for the real estate only (the unit), not the jewelry business. In addition, 100% financing is available to qualified buyers.
257 96th St., Stone Harbor, $657,000, ACTIVE MLS# 169476 – Price Reduced
Your brand new dream Bayfront home just came on the market! The design, landscaping, quality, and décor of this new home with a large pool by the bay, is simply extraordinary and amazing. It needs to be seen!
549 42nd St., Avalon, $4,595,000, MLS# 169425 – Under Contract
Enjoy one of Avalon’s most unique homes and the recently added pool on this oversize 80 x 110 corner lot. If you prefer to build your dream house, this lot will accommodate a 6,000 sq. ft. home.
Beautiful brand new Tom Welsh home with a pool in Stone Harbor. Lovely wall colors and stunning kitchen. Walk to the beach or the center of town.
Just reduced by $200K, this spectacular 6 bedroom home with a pool and wraparound porch sits on an oversize 70 x 110 lot. Beautiful decor, this property must be seen.
Just reduced by $400K, this home sits on an oversize beach block corner lot, it’s the 4th house from the beach. Utility poles and wires are being removed from this block to enhance your ocean view. This is an opportunity at $ 2.295m.
115 120th St., Stone Harbor, $2,195,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165421 – Under Contract
2743 Dune Drive 2nd Fl. S, Avalon, $480,000, SOLD MLS#: 166948
421 24th Street, Avalon, $585,000, SOLD MLS#: 168632
4138 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $687,250, SOLD MLS#: 167928
4128 W Ocean Drive, Avalon, $755,000, SOLD MLS#: 169490
2218 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $850,000, SOLD MLS#: 168229
1869 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,117,500, SOLD MLS#: 167470