3.5%…WITH NO POINTS! Thirty-year fixed rates are now running at 3.5% for both conforming and jumbo (over $417,000) mortgage loans, down about half a percentage point from a year ago. That makes it a GREAT time to purchase a vacation property while locking in low mortgage costs for the duration of your ownership! Ready to start your search for the perfect vacation home? Please call me!
JULY FOURTH EVENTS of all sorts fill the weekend…see below for a list. From boat parades to concerts to contests of all sorts, there’s something for everyone this weekend. And be sure to catch fireworks in Avalon on Sunday evening, July 3rd, and in Stone Harbor Monday evening, July 4th!
EXPLORE THE SHORE: that’s just one of the summer programs coming up at The Wetlands Institute for kids ages 5-13. For a list of programs & registration info, click here: http://
WHAT’S ON YOUR SUMMER BUCKET LIST? Set aside some time for your Summer Bucket List items! Whether you want to try parasailing, walk the beach at sunrise, or teach your child to fish, now’s the time!
- Thursdays on Dune Concert featuring the 63rd Army Band, Veteran’s Plaza, 7PM, Thursday, June 30
- Battle of the Mummers Bands Parade, starts at Avalon’s Community Hall to Veteran’s Plaza, 6PM, Friday, July 1
- Avalon Field Races and Family Fun, 10th Street Field, events begin at 10AM, Saturday, July 2
- Stone Harbor Bird Sanctuary Tour led by a Wetlands Institute docent, meet at the Egret Espy Path at 114th Street & 2nd Avenue, 10AM, Saturday, July 2 & Sunday, July 3
- Harbor Hustle 5K Run & 2 Mile Fun Walk, Stone Harbor Recreation Field, 8100 Second Avenue, 6:45AM registration,
8AM race start, 8:05AM walk start, Sunday, July 3
- Lutheran Church of Our Saviour Chicken BBQ, 9212 Third Avenue, 5-7PM, Sunday, July 3
- Avalon’s 4th of July Family Festivities, 30th Street Parking Lot, 6-8PM, Sunday, July 3
- Bay Atlantic Symphony Concert, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Sunday, July 3
- Avalon’s Fireworks, off the 30th Street Beach, 8:45PM, Sunday, July 3
- Stone Harbor’s All Day Fourth of July Events, includes sand sculpting contest, candy scramble, foot races, Phillies Home Run Derby, bike races, decorated bike contest, more, Stone Harbor’s 80th Street Recreation Field, registration from 9-10AM, events begin at 9AM, Monday, July 4
- Avalon Boat Parade, boats must register prior to the parade at Avalon Community Hall, on parade day meet at the Main Channel at the Avalon Yacht Club, 10:45AM, Monday, July 4
- Stone Harbor Concert & Fireworks, 80th Street Recreation Field, concert begins at 7PM, fireworks begin at dusk, Monday, July 4
- Stone Harbor’s Tuesday at the Tower featuring the Mighty Parrot Band, 95th Street Water Tower Plaza, 7-8:30PM, Tuesday, July 5
- Avalon’s Big Beach Movie featuring Hotel Transylvania, 30th Street beach, dusk, Tuesday, July 5
- Stone Harbor’s Movie on the Lawn featuring Goosebump, Stone Harbor Elementary School, dusk, Wednesday, July 6
- Avalon’s Thursdays on Dune Concert featuring The Mango Men, Veteran’s Plaza, 7PM, Thursday, July 7
- 36th Annual Avalon 5 Miler & 2 Mile Walk, Avalon Community Hall, 8AM, Saturday, July 9
- Big Band Dance featuring The Serenaders, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, July 9
- 54th Annual Stone Harbor Al Cunard Baby Parade, parade along 96th Street, registration at 5:30PM, parade starts at 6PM, Monday, July 11
- Stone Harbor’s Tuesday at the Tower featuring Bluebone, 95th Street Water Tower Plaza, 7-8:30PM, Tuesday, July 12
- Avalon’s Big Beach Movie featuring Minions, 30th Street & the beach, dusk, Tuesday, July 12
- Avalon Free Public Library lecture titled ‘How I Built My R2-D2’ given by Robert Ross, 6:30PM, Wednesday, July 13
- Stone Harbor Museum Program titled ‘Invented in New Jersey,’ lecture and book signing by Linda Barth, American Legion Post #331 at 117th Street & Second Avenue, 7PM, Wednesday, July 13
- Symphony By the Sea Opera Gala featuring the Bay Atlantic Symphony, Avalon Elementary School Gymnasium, free tickets available at the library, 7PM, Saturday, July 16
Get started on the island in this updated 3 bedroom single-family rancher on an 85’x110′ lot. The lot is shared by the duplex in the rear, but gives you a very large lawn to enjoy. This is a nice street, walking distance to downtown Stone Harbor, and the price is attractive.
This beautiful one owner, Brandywine custom built beach block home was just reduced and is move-in ready. Attached garage and room for a pool. Take a look at the photos!
Walk to town and the beach from your totally renovated Breakwater condo on 30th Street. When you are not on the beach, enjoy your new pool.
Build your dream house on this oversize 70 x 100 corner lot, just 2 blocks to the beach, in Stone Harbor’s quiet south-end.
235 118th St., Stone Harbor, $1,495,000, ACTIVE MLS# 170203 – Under Contract
Enjoy your summers with ocean views in this beautiful 3-story south-end Avalon home. You will love the open second floor great room with its cathedral ceiling, light and views; this house looks like new!
Build your 4,500 sq. ft. dream Bayfront home on this empty 60′ x 155′ lot in Stone Harbor’s desirable South-end. This is a great location… Enjoy unlimited bay/wetlands/sunset views and walk just two blocks to the beach.
Enjoy one of Avalon’s most unique homes and the recently added pool on this oversize 80 x 110 corner lot. If you prefer to build your dream house, this lot will accommodate a 6,000 sq. ft. home.
Beautiful brand new Tom Welsh home with a pool in Stone Harbor. Lovely wall colors and stunning kitchen. Walk to the beach or the center of town.
249 88th St., Stone Harbor, $1,795,000, ACTIVE MLS# 163969 – Under Contract
Just reduced by $200K, this spectacular 6 bedroom home with a pool and wraparound porch sits on an oversize 70 x 110 lot. Beautiful decor, this property must be seen.
Just reduced by $400K, this home sits on an oversize beach block corner lot, it’s the 4th house from the beach. Utility poles and wires are being removed from this block to enhance your ocean view. This is an opportunity at $ 2.295m.
115 120th St., Stone Harbor, $2,195,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165421 – Under Contract
317 83rd Street, Stone Harbor, $479,500, SOLD MLS#: 169048
278 13th Street, Avalon, $579,000, SOLD MLS#: 167938
164 93rd Street, Stone Harbor, $1,200,000, SOLD MLS#: 169096
167 93rd Street, Stone Harbor, $2,250,000, SOLD MLS#: 164023
5238 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $2,250,000, SOLD MLS#: 167771
19 Heron Drive, Avalon, $3,100,000, SOLD MLS#: 166513