MARKET STATS: 87 properties are currently under contract in the local market, including 33 newly written contracts during the month of May. The number of closed sales dropped slightly in May, as did the number of active listings. If you are thinking of selling, this is a great time to do so. Buyers are looking and inventory is down. Contact me to discuss your needs.
OCEAN WATER TEMPERATURES near 70 degrees were recorded this week off Cape May County. That’s about average for this time of year, though daily temperatures can vary widely, especially if offshore winds blow warm surface water out to sea, allowing cooler subsurface water to replace it along the beach. Traditional southerly sea breezes help blow warm surface water toward the beach—ensuring a comfortable dip in the surf!
A SAFE BOATING CLASS will be held Saturday, June 25th at the Stone Harbor Yacht Club, from 8am to 4:30pm. Students successfully completing the course will earn an New Jersey Safe Boating Certificate—required for anyone operating a vessel in New Jersey waters. Registration is required for the $55 class—call Ed McGarvey at (609) 703-9688 to register.
THE AVALON HISTORICAL SOCIETY is featuring vintage cameras in a new exhibit at the Avalon History Center, at 215 39thStreet. Early 1900’s cameras from Kodak, Argus, and Polaroid are on display from 10am-4pm, Tuesday through Sundays, through June.
MEET R2-D2 at the Avalon Library on July 13th! Long-time Avalon resident and Long & Foster friend Bob Ross has built—yes, built!—three versions of R2-D2, of Star Wars fame. Meet Bob and one of his incredible droids at the Avalon Library on July 13th, from6:30pm to 7:45pm. Bob will describe the design and construction of his R2-D2, and treat the crowd to a demonstration!
HERE OVER THE JULY 4TH WEEKEND? See below for a huge list of upcoming events, including a dozen over the July 4thweekend!
- Cape May County Zoo Night Out with the Critters, BBQ dinner & behind the scenes look at the animals, 5:30-8:30PM,Friday, June 24
- Stone Harbor Farmers Market, 95th Street Water Tower Plaza, 8AM-12:30PM, Sunday, June 26
- Stone Harbor Bird Sanctuary Tour led by a Wetlands Institute docent, meet at the Egret Espy Path at 114th Street & 2nd Avenue, 10AM, Sunday, June 26
- Stone Harbor Family Night, family fun, check out the fire trucks, more, Stone Harbor Firehouse, 7PM, Monday, June 27
- Avalon’s Children’s Mini Event featuring ventriloquist Bob Conrad, Avalon Elementary School Gymnasium, 11AM,Tuesday, June 28
- Avalon’s Big Beach Movie featuring Cinderella, 30th Street beach, dusk, Tuesday, June 28
- On the Way to Cape May historic lecture, Avalon History Center, 7PM, Wednesday, June 29
- Stone Harbor Movie Night on the Lawn featuring Open Season: Scared Silly, Stone Harbor Elementary School, 8PM,Wednesday, June 29
- Thursdays on Dune Concert featuring the 63rd Army Band, Veteran’s Plaza, 7PM, Thursday, June 30
- Parade Battle of the Mummers Bands, starts at Avalon’s Community Hall to Veteran’s Plaza, 6PM, Friday, July 1
- Avalon Field Races and Family Fun, 10th Street Field, 10AM, Saturday, July 2
- Stone Harbor Bird Sanctuary Tour led by a Wetlands Institute docent, meet at the Egret Espy Path at 114th Street & 2nd Avenue, 10AM, Saturday, July 2 & Sunday, July 3
- Harbor Hustle 5K Run & 2 Mile Fun Walk, Stone Harbor Recreation Field, 8100 Second Avenue, 6:45AM registration,
8AM race start, 8:05AM walk start, Sunday, July 3
- Lutheran Church of Our Saviour Chicken BBQ, 9212 Third Avenue, 5-7PM, Sunday, July 3
- Avalon’s 4th of July Family Festivities, 30th Street Parking Lot, 6-8PM, Sunday, July 3
- Bay Atlantic Symphony Concert, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Sunday, July 3
- Avalon’s Fireworks, off the 30th Street Beach, 8:45PM, Sunday, July 3
- Stone Harbor’s All Day Fourth of July Events, includes sand sculpting contest, candy scramble, foot races, Phillies Home Run Derby, bike races, decorated bike contest, more, Stone Harbor’s 80th Street Recreation Field, registration from 9-10AM, events begin at 9AM, Monday, July 4
- Avalon Boat Parade, boats must register prior to the parade at Avalon Community Hall, on parade day meet at the Main Channel at the Avalon Yacht Club, 10:45AM, Monday, July 4
- Stone Harbor Concert & Fireworks, 80th Street Recreation Field, concert begins at 7PM, fireworks begin at dusk,Monday, July 4
- Stone Harbor’s Tuesday at the Tower featuring the Mighty Parrot Band, 95th Street Water Tower Plaza, 7-8:30PM,Tuesday, July 5
- Avalon’s Big Beach Movie featuring Hotel Transylvania, 30th Street beach, dusk, Tuesday, July 5
- Stone Harbor’s Movie on the Lawn featuring Goosebump, Stone Harbor Elementary School, dusk, Wednesday, July 6
- Avalon’s Thursdays on Dune Concert featuring The Mango Men, Veteran’s Plaza, 7PM, Thursday, July 7
- Big Band Dance featuring The Serenaders, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, July 9
- Symphony By the Sea Opera Gala featuring the Bay Atlantic Symphony, Avalon Elementary School Gymnasium, free tickets available at the library, 7PM, Saturday, July 16
This beautiful one owner, Brandywine custom built beach block home was just reduced and is move-in ready. Attached garage and room for a pool. Take a look at the photos!
Walk to town and the beach from your totally renovated Breakwater condo on 30th Street. When you are not on the beach, enjoy your new pool.
Build your dream house on this oversize 70 x 100 corner lot, just 2 blocks to the beach, in Stone Harbor’s quiet south-end.
Enjoy your summers with ocean views in this beautiful 3-story south-end Avalon home. You will love the open second floor great room with its cathedral ceiling, light and views; this house looks like new!
Build your 4,500 sq. ft. dream Bayfront home on this empty 60′ x 155′ lot in Stone Harbor’s desirable South-end. This is a great location… Enjoy unlimited bay/wetlands/sunset views and walk just two blocks to the beach.
Enjoy one of Avalon’s most unique homes and the recently added pool on this oversize 80 x 110 corner lot. If you prefer to build your dream house, this lot will accommodate a 6,000 sq. ft. home.
Beautiful brand new Tom Welsh home with a pool in Stone Harbor. Lovely wall colors and stunning kitchen. Walk to the beach or the center of town.
249 88th St., Stone Harbor, $1,795,000, ACTIVE MLS# 163969 – Under Contract
Just reduced by $200K, this spectacular 6 bedroom home with a pool and wraparound porch sits on an oversize 70 x 110 lot. Beautiful decor, this property must be seen.
Just reduced by $400K, this home sits on an oversize beach block corner lot, it’s the 4th house from the beach. Utility poles and wires are being removed from this block to enhance your ocean view. This is an opportunity at $ 2.295m.
115 120th St., Stone Harbor, $2,195,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165421 – Under Contract
10813 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $585,000, SOLD MLS#: 164176
30 Hallman Road, Stone Harbor Manor, $601,400, SOLD MLS#: 163643
627 22nd Street, Avalon, $740,000, SOLD MLS#: 168687
251 110th St., Stone Harbor, $805,000, SOLD MLS#: 166073
280 82nd Street, Stone Harbor, $1,565,000, SOLD MLS#: 164821
261 75th Street, Avalon, $2,250,000, SOLD MLS#: 169144
549 42nd Street, Avalon, $4,500,000, SOLD MLS#: 169425