GREAT START, GRAY FINISH! Friday, Saturday, and Sunday saw ideal weather for kicking off the summer season, with beachgoers, boaters, pedestrians, and bicyclists all taking advantage of it. Monday brought rain and gray skies which led to the cancellation of parades (but not ceremonies) in both Avalon and Stone Harbor, and sent many home a bit earlier than usual. Despite that, most are reporting a strong weekend and a great start to the season!
A little bit of sunshine after a rain shower led to a double rainbow over the bay!
SEVEN MILE RESTAURANT WEEK runs from June 6th to 12th. Take advantage of specials at dozens of local restaurants before peak summer crowds hit! For a list of participating restaurants click here: http://www.
SLOW DOWN FOR TURTLES! At this time of year diamondback terrapins begin crossing local roads seeking higher ground on which to lay eggs. Give ‘em a brake! Roadway mortality is listed as a major threat to the terrapin population. If you are inclined to help a turtle across the road, carefully help them cross in the direction they are already headed, while taking care to ensure your own safety.
LIFEGUARD TRYOUTS: Do you have what it takes to be a lifeguard? If so, and you’re looking for summer employment, Avalon and Stone Harbor will each hold lifeguard tryouts on Saturday, June 4th, at 10am. Avalon’s will be held on the 32nd Street beach, and Stone Harbor’s will be held at the 95th Street beach.
AT THE 95th STREET BEACH a new deck, pergola, and walkway over the dunes were just dedicated last week. Catch some sun, a breeze, take in the ocean view, or read a book on a bench in the shade!
- Aviation Museum Runway 5K Run/Fun Walk & Bike, Cape May County Airport, bike preview 8:10-8:40AM, race starts at 9AM, Saturday, June 4
- Avalon Garden Club Flower Show, Avalon Community Hall, Noon, Saturday, June 4
- Stone Harbor Garden Club House Tour, 12:30-4PM, Saturday, June 4
- Avalon Performing Arts Council ‘Lights Out Tribute to Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons,’ Avalon Community Hall, 6:30PM doors open, 7PM show starts, Saturday, June 4
- 7 Mile Island Restaurant Week, nearly 40 local establishments offering breakfast, lunch & dinner specials,Monday, June 6-Sunday, June 12
- Basketball ‘Triple Threat’ skills & games for boys & girls ages 8-14, Stone Harbor’s 82nd Street Recreation Center, check www.shoreshot.net for details, Friday nights beginning Friday, June 10
- Avalon Historical Society’s Miniature Golf Competition, held at Go Fish Mini Golf Course in Avalon, 9AM,Saturday, June 11
- Stone Harbor Property Owners’ Association Meeting, first annual beach & bay report, Stone Harbor Elementary School, 9AM, Saturday, June 11
- Avalon Home & Land Owners’ Association Meeting, featured speaker is Norman Gluckman, Director of Avalon’s Public Library, Avalon Senior Center, 10AM, Saturday, June 11
- Big Band Dance featuring The Star Band, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, June 11
- Stone Harbor’s Farmers Market, 95th Street Water Tower Plaza, 8AM-12:30PM, Sunday, June 12
- American Legion Post #331 Flag Day Ceremony, 11617 Second Avenue, Noon, Tuesday, June 14
- Avalon Performing Arts Council 29th Annual Art Show & Sale, opening night & preview from 7-9PM onFriday, June 17, show & sale from 10AM-4PM on Saturday, June 18
- Avalon Free Public Library Open House, 9AM-1PM, Saturday, June 18
- Hereford Inlet Lighthouse Maritime Festival, artists, crafters, authors, food, music, more, 111 N. Central Avenue, North Wildwood, 10AM-5PM on
Saturday, June 18 & 10AM-4PM on Sunday, June 19
- Avalon Historical Society Olde House Tour, 1-4PM, Saturday, June 18
- Stone Harbor Farmers Market, 95th Street Water Tower Plaza, 8AM-12:30PM, Sunday, June 19
- St. Mary’s Episcopal Church Strawberry Festival, 6:30-8:30PM, Sunday, June 19
- Stone Harbor Farmers Market, 95th Street Water Tower Plaza, 8AM-12:30PM, Sunday, June 26
- Avalon’s Big Beach Movie featuring Cinderella, 30th Street beach, dusk, Tuesday, June 28
- Stone Harbor Movie Night on the Lawn, Stone Harbor Elementary School, 8PM, Tuesday, June 28
- On the Way to Cape May historic lecture, Avalon History Center, 7PM, Wednesday, June 29
- Thursdays on Dune Concert featuring 63rd Army Band, Veteran’s Plaza, 7PM, Thursday, June 30
Walk to town and the beach from your totally renovated Breakwater condo on 30th Street. When you are not on the beach, enjoy your new pool.
107 30th St., Avalon, $459,000, ACTIVE MLS# 170279
Build your dream house on this oversize 70 x 100 corner lot, just 2 blocks to the beach, in Stone Harbor’s quiet south-end.
235 118th St., Stone Harbor, $1,495,000, ACTIVE MLS# 170203
Enjoy your summers with ocean views in this beautiful 3-story south-end Avalon home. You will love the open second floor great room with its cathedral ceiling, light and views; this house looks like new!
6918 Dune Dr., Avalon, $2,095,000, ACTIVE MLS# 170034
Build your 4,500 sq. ft. dream Bayfront home on this empty 60′ x 155′ lot in Stone Harbor’s desirable South-end. This is a great location… Enjoy unlimited bay/wetlands/sunset views and walk just two blocks to the beach.
11825 Paradise Dr., Stone Harbor, $2,299,000, ACTIVE MLS #169905
If you have ever considered starting your own business in Stone Harbor, here is your opportunity! The iconic Terry Ivory jewelry store in the heart of the 96th St. business district is for sale. This sale is for the real estate only (the unit), not the jewelry business. In addition, 100% financing is available to qualified buyers.
257 96th St., Stone Harbor, $657,000, ACTIVE MLS# 169476 – Price Reduced
Your brand new dream Bayfront home just came on the market! The design, landscaping, quality, and décor of this new home with a large pool by the bay, is simply extraordinary and amazing. It needs to be seen!
549 42nd St., Avalon, $4,595,000, MLS# 169425 – Under Contract
Enjoy one of Avalon’s most unique homes and the recently added pool on this oversize 80 x 110 corner lot. If you prefer to build your dream house, this lot will accommodate a 6,000 sq. ft. home.
4656 Dune Drive, Avalon, $1,395,000, ACTIVE MLS# 168490
Beautiful brand new Tom Welsh home with a pool in Stone Harbor. Lovely wall colors and stunning kitchen. Walk to the beach or the center of town.
249 88th St., Stone Harbor, $1,795,000, ACTIVE MLS# 163969 – Reduced
Just reduced by $200K, this spectacular 6 bedroom home with a pool and wraparound porch sits on an oversize 70 x 110 lot. Beautiful decor, this property must be seen.
385 93rd St., Stone Harbor, $2,295,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165563
Just reduced by $400K, this home sits on an oversize beach block corner lot, it’s the 4th house from the beach. Utility poles and wires are being removed from this block to enhance your ocean view. This is an opportunity at $ 2.295m.
115 120th St., Stone Harbor, $2,195,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165421 – Reduced
6625 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $849,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 170415
238 43rd, Avalon, $1,275,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 170507
313 76th Street, Avalon, $1,495,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 170441
161 103rd Street, Stone Harbor, $1,599,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 170437
159 84th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,395,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 170527
3268 First Avenue, Avalon, $2,499,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 170503
35 W 32nd Street, Avalon, $3,395,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 170444
168 67th Street, Avalon, $3,495,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 170443
192 61st Street, Avalon, $4,995,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 170454
8001 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, $525,000, SOLD MLS#: 168692
2322 Dune Drive, Avalon, $690,000, SOLD MLS#: 162123
498 20th Street, Avalon, $760,000, SOLD MLS#: 169546
134 Meadowview Drive, Avalon Manor, $800,000, SOLD MLS#: 109207
269 53rd Street, Avalon, $1,625,000, SOLD MLS#: 165694
1909 Dune Drive, Avalon, $1,950,000, SOLD MLS#: 165318
249 58th Street, Avalon, $2,500,000, SOLD MLS#: 165050