AVALON’S “BACKPASSING” project is underway, as dump trucks move beach sand from the 33rd-38th Street beaches to replenish north end beaches. Every few moments a dump truck loaded with beach sand moves northward, passed by an empty dump truck moving southward. Work continues seven days a week, subject to the tide cycle. The project is expected to be completed in advance of the summer season, and is currently ahead of schedule. In addition to enhancing protection for north end homes, the newly widened beaches will provide more room for beachgoers to enjoy during the summer.
A pair of dump trucks move along Avalon’s beach on a rainy day, as Avalon’s sand “backpassing” project continues.
THE BOROUGH OF STONE HARBOR received the Cape May County Annual Conservation Award for its efforts in restoring the gardens in the Stone Harbor Bird Sanctuary, and those around the pump house at 114th Street & Third Avenue. Native plants requiring little water were used, and they’ll help meet the needs of species living in and around the area.
SPRINGER’S HOME MADE ice cream is among the top twenty ice cream shops in the nation! A USA Today poll will narrow down the list to the 10 Best. Voting runs through May 23rd at 12 noon. Click here to see the other candidates, then cast your vote for Springers! http://www.10best.
COAST GUARD SHIP TOURS, demonstrations, and trolley tours of Training Center Cape May are all available this weekend as the 2016 Coast Guard Community Festival takes place, Friday, through Sunday. Some activities require tickets, but many do not. Click here for more details: http://
TREAT MOM RIGHT THIS WEEKEND, with some flowers, or perhaps dinner out. Or you can really impress Mom by buying her (and the rest of the family) a place at the shore! Happy Mother’s Day!
- Avalon Historical Society Annual Photo Contest, now through Tuesday, May 31
- Brendan Borek 11th Annual Golf Tournament, register or donate by visiting www.brendansfund.org, Stone Harbor Golf Club, Noon, Friday, May 6
- Avalon Wine & Spirits Festival, more than 200 wines, flavored vodkas, scotch, bourbon, passed hors d’oeuvres from local restaurants, silent auction, tickets available at the Avalon Chamber of Commerce or Fred’s Liquor Stores – Avalon & Stone Harbor, 6:30-9PM, Friday, May 6
- Avalon Boro Wide Yard Sale, pick up map at Avalon Community Hall at 8AM, yard sale begins at 9AM, Saturday, May 7
- Garden Club of Stone Harbor’s Plant & Bake Sale, Water Works area at 96th & Second Avenue, 8AM-2PM, Saturday, May 7
- Avalon Volunteer Fire Department Plant & Hoagie Sale, Avalon Fire House, 9AM, Saturday, May 7
- Avalon Community Paper Shredding Day, free shredding for Avalon residents & property owners, Avalon Public Works at 14th & Dune Drive, 9AM-2PM, Saturday, May 7
- IPad Workshop, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday May 7
- Stone Harbor’s Spring Tide Festival, music, beer & wine garden, food, games, kids’ activities, more, 96th Street between 2nd & 3rd, 11AM-6PM, Saturday, May 7th
- Avalon Police Department Bicycle Auction, Avalon Public Works Building, Noon, Saturday, May 7
- Avalon Bulk Pick-up, items to curb prior to pick-up on Monday, May 9
- Cape May County Senior Jamboree, Avalon Community Hall, 10AM-2PM, Thursday, May 12
- Avalon Garden Club Plant Sale, Avalon Community Hall, Noon-4PM on Friday, May 13 & 9AM-4PM on Saturday, May 14
- Stone Harbor Garden Club Community Yard Sale, 96th Street Parking Lot, 8AM-2PM, Saturday, May 14
- Avalon Home & Land Owners Association Meeting, Police Chief William McCormack & Fire Chief Edward Dean will address Public Safety issues, Avalon Senior Center,10AM, Saturday, May 14
- IPhones Workshop, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, May 14
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society presents the Ben Mauger Vintage Jazz Band, proceeds benefit the Food Bank of Southern NJ, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, 2-4PM, Sunday, May 15
- Stone Harbor Bulk Pick-up, items to curb up to 72 hours prior to pick-up on Monday, May 16
- Wetlands Institute Native Plant Sale, plant & garden naturalists will be on hand to answer questions regarding the offered species, 9:30AM-4:30PM, Saturday &Sunday, May 21 & 22
- Spring Shorebird & Horseshoe Crab Festival, interactive activities for all ages, Wetlands Institute, 9:30AM-4:30PM, Saturday & Sunday, May 21 & 22
- Avalon Garden Club Fashion Show & Luncheon, Avalon Yacht Club, Noon, Wednesday, May 25
- Stone Harbor Beach Opening Ceremony, 95th Street Beach, 9:30 AM, Friday, May 27
- Cape Regional Auxiliary Antique Show, Avalon Community Hall, Preview Gala on Friday, May 27 at 6PM & antique show on Saturday, May 28
Enjoy your summers with ocean views in this beautiful 3-story south-end Avalon home. You will love the open second floor great room with its cathedral ceiling, light and views; this house looks like new!
6918 Dune Dr., Avalon, $2,095,000, ACTIVE MLS# 170034
Build your 4,500 sq. ft. dream Bayfront home on this empty 60′ x 155′ lot in Stone Harbor’s desirable South-end. This is a great location… Enjoy unlimited bay/wetlands/sunset views and walk just two blocks to the beach.
11825 Paradise Dr., Stone Harbor, $2,299,000, ACTIVE MLS #169905
If you have ever considered starting your own business in Stone Harbor, here is your opportunity! The iconic Terry Ivory jewelry store in the heart of the 96th St. business district is for sale. This sale is for the real estate only (the unit), not the jewelry business. In addition, 100% financing is available to qualified buyers.
257 96th St., Stone Harbor, $657,000, ACTIVE MLS# 169476 – Price Reduced
Your brand new dream Bayfront home just came on the market! The design, landscaping, quality, and décor of this new home with a large pool by the bay, is simply extraordinary and amazing. It needs to be seen!
549 42nd St., Avalon, $4,595,000, ACTIVE MLS# 169425
Just reduced, this stunning professionally decorated, 3 bedroom/3 bath, 2-story condo is move-in ready for your summer enjoyment. If being in the center of town and walking to everything is for you, so is this condo! Take a look at the photos.
2322 Dune Dr., Avalon, $719,000, MLS# 162123 – Under Contract
Enjoy one of Avalon’s most unique homes and the recently added pool on this oversize 80 x 110 corner lot. If you prefer to build your dream house, this lot will accommodate a 6,000 sq. ft. home.
4656 Dune Drive, Avalon, $1,395,000, ACTIVE MLS# 168490
Beautifully decorated high-end 5 bedroom home with detached garage at the right price. Take a look at the photos; newer properties at this price point seldom appear on the market.
261 45th St., Avalon, $1,569,000, ACTIVE MLS# 168273 – Under Contract
This south-end 4-bedroom Bayfront townhouse with a boat slip and a garage, has unobstructed sunset views. Interior was completely renovated down to the studs in 2011, and the exterior was refurbished in January, 2016.
6660 Ocean Dr., South Unit, Avalon, $1,695,000, MLS# 168272 – Under Contract
Beautiful brand new Tom Welsh home with a pool in Stone Harbor. Lovely wall colors and stunning kitchen. Walk to the beach or the center of town.
249 88th St., Stone Harbor, $1,795,000, ACTIVE MLS# 163969 – Reduced
Enjoy incredible views of the bay, wetlands, Cedar Island, and daily sunsets from your 3-bedroom Camalon condo. The only condo available in the Camalon, this unit has a new kitchen and its own boat slip.
1688 Ocean Dr., Unit A-3, Avalon, $689,000, MLS# 167341 – Under Contract
Enjoy life in this beautiful, fully furnished, 6 bedroom/5.5 bath home in Avalon’s desirable South-end. Walk just 1.5 blocks to the widest section of Avalon’s beaches. If you would rather be pool-side, you will love this unique and amazing cabana.
249 76th St., Avalon, $2,195,000, MLS# 165654 – Under Contract
Just reduced by $200K, this spectacular 6 bedroom home with a pool and wraparound porch sits on an oversize 70 x 110 lot. Beautiful decor, this property must be seen.
385 93rd St., Stone Harbor, $2,295,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165563
Just reduced by $400K, this home sits on an oversize beach block corner lot, it’s the 4th house from the beach. Utility poles and wires are being removed from this block to enhance your ocean view. This is an opportunity at $ 2.295m.
115 120th St., Stone Harbor, $2,295,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165421
2107 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $649,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 170005
222 108th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,350,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 169969
5088 Dune Drive, Avalon, $1,395,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 169924
201 89th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,749,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 170027
11825 Paradise Drive, Stone Harbor, $2,299,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 169905
84 W 29th Street, Avalon, $2,399,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 169987
4209 Bayberry Road, Avalon, $4,995,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 169976
365 96th Street, Stone Harbor, $300,000, SOLD MLS#: 169526
5 Acton Drive, Stone Harbor Manor, $335,000, SOLD MLS#: 164809
365 96th Street, Stone Harbor, $350,000, SOLD MLS#: 168313
206 110th St 1st Floor, Stone Harbor, $434,000, SOLD MLS#: 167679
3003 Dune Drive, Avalon, $450,000, SOLD MLS#: 109867
1127 Stone Harbor Blvd A31, Stone Harbor Manor, $675,000, SOLD MLS#: 168599
365 96th Street, Stone Harbor, $800,000, SOLD MLS#: 169776
365 96th Street, Stone Harbor, $900,000, SOLD MLS#: 168314
353 39th Street, Avalon, $1,150,000, SOLD MLS#: 167333
26 W 11th Street, Avalon, $1,595,000, SOLD MLS#: 168725
10835 Sunset Drive, Stone Harbor, $1,850,000, SOLD MLS#: 168011
190 66th Street, Avalon, $2,400,000, SOLD MLS#: 168015
149 106th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,625,000, SOLD MLS#: 165417