MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND is upon us! The Island is buzzing with activity as homeowners prepare for the season and visitors arrive to kick off the summer season. Avalon & Stone Harbor will observe Memorial Day with parades and ceremonies on Monday. See the event list below for details.
THE AJ MEERWALD, New Jersey’s tall ship, is back in the water after wintertime repairs were completed at Yank Marine, including hull repairs and electrical system upgrades. The Meerwald will cruise the waters of New Jersey and New York through the fall. In August, the Meerwald will visit Cape May and Atlantic City for tours and public sails.
SEASON BEACH TAGS are discounted through May 31st in Avalon & Stone Harbor. If you’re here over Memorial Day Weekend, purchase your season tags for $22. On June 1st, the cost of a season tag will rise to $27.
VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE BEACH! The New Jersey Sea Grant Consortium strives to protect and promote New Jersey’s marine and coastal resources. Their “Favorite Beach” contest helps promote awareness of New Jersey’s beaches. Cast your vote here: http://njseagrant.org/
IF DOLPHIN VIDEOS by Nik Pattantyus have amazed you before, check out this news story featuring Nik that appeared on NBC10 in Philadelphia!
SUMMER BUCKET LIST: What’s on yours? Make a Summer Bucket List, then set aside some time to make things happen! Whether you want to catch a sunrise on the beach or catch a fish with your grandchild, commit to making those memories this summer!
- Stone Harbor Beach Opening Ceremony, 95th Street Beach, 9:30 AM, Friday, May 27
- Stone Harbor Bird Sanctuary, volunteers needed for help with garden maintenance in the native plant gardens, meet at the Pump House at 3rd Avenue & 115th Street, 1-3:30PM, Friday, May 27
- Cape Regional Auxiliary Antique Show, Avalon Community Hall, antique show from Noon-4PM on Friday, May 27, preview gala at 6PM on Friday, May 27 & antique show from 9AM-4PM on Saturday, May 28
- Annual Turtle Trot 5K Run & 2 Mile Fun Walk, 95th & First Avenue, 6:45AM registration,
8AM race start, 8:05AM walk start, Sunday, May 29
- Stone Harbor Farmer’s Market, Water Tower Plaza, 8AM-12:30PM, Sunday, May 29
- Matthew Mullin Memorial Beach 5K Run & 1 Mile Fun Walk, all proceeds benefit Friends in Need organization, 30th Street & the Beach, 8:30AM,Sunday, May 29
- Avalon Memorial Day Parade, starts at 32nd Street & Dune down Dune Drive to Veteran’s Plaza for a ceremony, parade starts at 9AM, ceremony to follow, Monday, May 30
- Stone Harbor Memorial Day Parade, starts at bridge, down 96th Street to the Women’s Civic Club on the 96th Street beach for a service, parade starts at Noon, service to follow, Monday, May 30
- American Legion Post #331 Open House, 117th Street & Second Avenue, 1-4PM, Monday, May 30
- 2016 Emergency Preparedness Conference presented by the Cape May County Office of Emergency Management & Atlantic City Electric, Avalon Community Center, 10AM-Noon, Wednesday, June 1
- Aviation Museum Runway 5K Run/Fun Walk & Bike, Cape May County Airport, bike preview 8:10-8:40AM, race starts at 9AM, Saturday, June 4
- Avalon Garden Club Flower Show, Avalon Community Hall, Noon, Saturday, June 4
- Stone Harbor Garden Club House Tour, 12:30-4PM, Saturday, June 4
- Avalon Performing Arts Council ‘Lights Out Tribute to Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons,’ Avalon Community Hall, 6:30PM doors open, 7PM show starts,Saturday, June 4
- 7 Mile Island Restaurant Week, nearly 40 local establishments offering breakfast, lunch & dinner specials, Monday, June 6-Sunday, June 12
- Basketball ‘Triple Threat’ skills & games for boys & girls ages 8-14, Stone Harbor’s 82nd Street Recreation Center, check www.shoreshot.net for details,Friday nights beginning Friday, June 10
- Avalon Historical Society’s Miniature Golf Competition, held at Go Fish Mini Golf Course in Avalon, 9AM, Saturday, June 11
- Avalon Performing Arts Council 29th Annual Art Show & Sale, opening night & preview from 7-9PM on Friday, June 17, show & sale from 10AM-4PM on Saturday, June 18
- Avalon Historical Society Olde House Tour, 1PM, Saturday, June 18
- St. Mary’s Episcopal Church Strawberry Festival, Sunday, June 19
Walk to town and the beach from your totally renovated Breakwater condo on 30th Street. When you are not on the beach, enjoy your new pool.
Build your dream house on this oversize 70 x 100 corner lot, just 2 blocks to the beach, in Stone Harbor’s quiet south-end.
Enjoy your summers with ocean views in this beautiful 3-story south-end Avalon home. You will love the open second floor great room with its cathedral ceiling, light and views; this house looks like new!
Build your 4,500 sq. ft. dream Bayfront home on this empty 60′ x 155′ lot in Stone Harbor’s desirable South-end. This is a great location… Enjoy unlimited bay/wetlands/sunset views and walk just two blocks to the beach.
If you have ever considered starting your own business in Stone Harbor, here is your opportunity! The iconic Terry Ivory jewelry store in the heart of the 96th St. business district is for sale. This sale is for the real estate only (the unit), not the jewelry business. In addition, 100% financing is available to qualified buyers.
257 96th St., Stone Harbor, $657,000, ACTIVE MLS# 169476 – Price Reduced
Your brand new dream Bayfront home just came on the market! The design, landscaping, quality, and décor of this new home with a large pool by the bay, is simply extraordinary and amazing. It needs to be seen!
549 42nd St., Avalon, $4,595,000, MLS# 169425 – Under Contract
Just reduced, this stunning professionally decorated, 3 bedroom/3 bath, 2-story condo is move-in ready for your summer enjoyment. If being in the center of town and walking to everything is for you, so is this condo! Take a look at the photos.
2322 Dune Dr., Avalon, $719,000, MLS# 162123 – Under Contract
Enjoy one of Avalon’s most unique homes and the recently added pool on this oversize 80 x 110 corner lot. If you prefer to build your dream house, this lot will accommodate a 6,000 sq. ft. home.
Beautiful brand new Tom Welsh home with a pool in Stone Harbor. Lovely wall colors and stunning kitchen. Walk to the beach or the center of town.
Just reduced by $200K, this spectacular 6 bedroom home with a pool and wraparound porch sits on an oversize 70 x 110 lot. Beautiful decor, this property must be seen.
Just reduced by $400K, this home sits on an oversize beach block corner lot, it’s the 4th house from the beach. Utility poles and wires are being removed from this block to enhance your ocean view. This is an opportunity at $ 2.295m.
184 26th Street C-1, Avalon, $480,000, SOLD MLS#: 167929
2125 Harbor Ave. Avenue, Avalon, $580,000, SOLD MLS#: 168448
2218 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $850,000, SOLD MLS#: 168229
394 20th Street, Avalon, $900,000, SOLD MLS#: 167665
9331 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $995,000, SOLD MLS#: 167328
2488 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,450,000, SOLD MLS#: 166804