SAVE A TRIP TO COMCAST IN RIO GRANDE by visiting their temporary customer service trailer in Avalon! The trailer has arrived in the parking lot adjacent to Avalon Community Hall, and will be open about May 20th, through June 18th, Monday through Saturday, from 9am to 7pm. This is a one-time opportunity to take advantage of the Comcast trailer and save a round trip to Comcast’s new, permanent location in Rio Grande!
AVALON’S 8th STREET TENNIS COURTS will soon be resurfaced and repaired. The courts will be powerwashed, prepared, resurfaced, and painted in a U.S. Open blue & green color scheme. When work begins, the courts will close for about a week when a favorable weather window arrives, but no work will occur during the Memorial Day weekend. When the 8th Street courts are not available, those with reservations will be accommodated at the 39th Street courts.
THE OTHER JERSEY SHORE: A National Geographic Wild episode titled “The Other Jersey Shore” and featuring Delaware Bay and horseshoe crabs will air Friday, May 20th at 10:30pm Eastern on Comcast channel 108. The Wetlands Institute’s Horseshoe Crab Conservation Program is featured in the episode. Click here to watch the trailer: http://channel.
SEVEN MILE RESTAURANT WEEK returns June 6th-12th. The annual favorite will feature dining specials from dozens of local restaurants. Stay tuned for more details!
“CLICK IT OR TICKET!” Not only is wearing a seatbelt a good idea, it may save you a ticket in Avalon or Stone Harbor during the Seatbelt Mobilization campaign which will take place from May 23rd to June 5th. Avalon, Stone Harbor, and many other towns will participate in the campaign, which seeks to raise the seatbelt usage rate in New Jersey from its current level of 91.36%.
JUST OVER A WEEK TO MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND! Let the summer season begin!
THERE’S STILL TIME! If you’d like to purchase your very own shore home and enjoy it for the rest of the summer, there’s still time to do just that! Please call or email me to begin your search for the perfect vacation home today!
- Creative Writing seminar with tips on stories, poems, etc, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library, 10AM,Saturday, May 21
- Wetlands Institute Native Plant Sale, plant & garden naturalists will be on hand to answer questions regarding the offered species, 9:30AM-4:30PM,
Saturday & Sunday, May 21 & 22
- Spring Shorebird & Horseshoe Crab Festival, interactive activities for all ages, Wetlands Institute, 9:30AM-4:30PM,
Saturday &Sunday, May 21 & 22
- Avalon Garden Club Fashion Show & Luncheon, Avalon Yacht Club, Noon, Wednesday, May 25
- Stone Harbor’s Beach Crossover Deck & Pergola Dedication, 95th Street beach, Noon, Wednesday, May 25
- Stone Harbor Beach Opening Ceremony, 95th Street Beach, 9:30 AM, Friday, May 27
- Cape Regional Auxiliary Antique Show, Avalon Community Hall, antique show from Noon-4PM on Friday, May 27, preview gala at 6PM on Friday, May 27, & antique show from 9AM-4PM on Saturday, May 28
- Annual Turtle Trot 5K Run & 2 Mile Fun Walk, 95th & First Avenue, 6:45AM registration,
8AM race start, 8:05AM walk start,Sunday, May 29
- Stone Harbor Farmer’s Market, Water Tower Plaza, 8AM-12:30PM, Sunday, May 29
- Matthew Mullin Memorial Beach 5K Run & 1 Mile Fun Walk, all proceeds benefit Friends in Need organization, 30th Street & the Beach, 8:30AM, Sunday, May 29
- Avalon Memorial Day Parade, starts at 32nd Street & Dune down Dune Drive to Veteran’s Plaza for a ceremony, parade starts at 9AM, ceremony to follow, Monday, May 30
- Stone Harbor Memorial Day Parade, starts at bridge, down 96th Street to the Women’s Civic Club on the 96th Street beach for a service, parade starts at Noon, service to follow, Monday, May 30
- American Legion Post #331 Open House, 117th Street & Second Avenue, 1-4PM, Monday, May 30
- Aviation Museum Runway 5K Run/Fun Walk & Bike, Cape May County Airport, bike preview 8:10-8:40AM, race starts at 9AM,Saturday, June 4
- Avalon Garden Club Flower Show, Avalon Community Hall, Noon, Saturday, June 4
- Stone Harbor Garden Club House Tour, 12:30-4PM, Saturday, June 4
- Avalon Performing Arts Council ‘Lights Out Tribute to Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons,’ Avalon Community Hall, 6:30PMdoors open, 7PM show starts, Saturday, June 4
- 7 Mile Island Restaurant Week, nearly 40 local establishments offering breakfast, lunch & dinner specials, Monday, June 6-Sunday, June 12
- Basketball ‘Triple Threat’ skills & games for boys & girls ages 8-14, Stone Harbor’s 82nd Street Recreation Center, check www.shoreshot.net for details, Friday nights beginning Friday, June 10
- Avalon Performing Arts Council 29th Annual Art Show & Sale, opening night & preview from 7-9PM on Friday, June 17, show & sale from 10AM-4PM on Saturday, June 18
Walk to town and the beach from your totally renovated Breakwater condo on 30th Street. When you are not on the beach, enjoy your new pool.
Build your dream house on this oversize 70 x 100 corner lot, just 2 blocks to the beach, in Stone Harbor’s quiet south-end.
Enjoy your summers with ocean views in this beautiful 3-story south-end Avalon home. You will love the open second floor great room with its cathedral ceiling, light and views; this house looks like new!
Build your 4,500 sq. ft. dream Bayfront home on this empty 60′ x 155′ lot in Stone Harbor’s desirable South-end. This is a great location… Enjoy unlimited bay/wetlands/sunset views and walk just two blocks to the beach.
If you have ever considered starting your own business in Stone Harbor, here is your opportunity! The iconic Terry Ivory jewelry store in the heart of the 96th St. business district is for sale. This sale is for the real estate only (the unit), not the jewelry business. In addition, 100% financing is available to qualified buyers.
257 96th St., Stone Harbor, $657,000, ACTIVE MLS# 169476 – Price Reduced
Your brand new dream Bayfront home just came on the market! The design, landscaping, quality, and décor of this new home with a large pool by the bay, is simply extraordinary and amazing. It needs to be seen!
549 42nd St., Avalon, $4,595,000, MLS# 169425 – Under Contract
Just reduced, this stunning professionally decorated, 3 bedroom/3 bath, 2-story condo is move-in ready for your summer enjoyment. If being in the center of town and walking to everything is for you, so is this condo! Take a look at the photos.
2322 Dune Dr., Avalon, $719,000, MLS# 162123 – Under Contract
Enjoy one of Avalon’s most unique homes and the recently added pool on this oversize 80 x 110 corner lot. If you prefer to build your dream house, this lot will accommodate a 6,000 sq. ft. home.
Beautifully decorated high-end 5 bedroom home with detached garage at the right price. Take a look at the photos; newer properties at this price point seldom appear on the market.
261 45th St., Avalon, $1,569,000, MLS# 168273 – Under Contract
This south-end 4-bedroom Bayfront townhouse with a boat slip and a garage, has unobstructed sunset views. Interior was completely renovated down to the studs in 2011, and the exterior was refurbished in January, 2016.
6660 Ocean Dr., South Unit, Avalon, $1,695,000, MLS# 168272 – Under Contract
Beautiful brand new Tom Welsh home with a pool in Stone Harbor. Lovely wall colors and stunning kitchen. Walk to the beach or the center of town.
Just reduced by $200K, this spectacular 6 bedroom home with a pool and wraparound porch sits on an oversize 70 x 110 lot. Beautiful decor, this property must be seen.
Just reduced by $400K, this home sits on an oversize beach block corner lot, it’s the 4th house from the beach. Utility poles and wires are being removed from this block to enhance your ocean view. This is an opportunity at $ 2.295m.
10020 Sunrise Drive, Stone Harbor, $360,000, SOLD MLS#: 166281
1688 Ocean Drive, A-3, Avalon, $667,500, SOLD MLS#: 167341
308 79th Street, Avalon, $800,000, SOLD MLS#: 168927
261 45th Street, Avalon, $1,569,000, SOLD MLS#: 168273
6660 S Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,600,000, SOLD MLS#: 168272
106 121 Street, Stone Harbor, $2,566,100, SOLD MLS#: 167926
174 86th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,895,000, SOLD MLS#: 168048