CAPE MAY COUNTY TOURISM generated a record $6 billion in 2015, up 4% over 2014 according to an Atlantic City Press article. Favorable weather and low gas prices helped fuel tourism last year, which marked the sixth straight year of growth. Tourism in Cape May County supports over 25,000 jobs, more than half the total in Cape May County. Statewide, tourism generated $37 billion in GDP. Most expect 2016 to be another strong year. If Mother Nature cooperates and brings us more beautiful summer weather it should be a great season!
THE WORLD SERIES OF BIRDING arrives in Cape May County on Saturday, May 14th, for 24 hours of birding. Over 100 teams from around the world will participate to identify as many species as possible. A team from The Wetlands Institute will compete in the event. If you’d like to make a pledge or donation to the Wetland’s Institute team, please click here: http://
AFTER A $15 MILLION RENOVATION, the Golden Inn is expected to reopen in mid-June, according to a Philadelphia Business Journal report. Icona Resorts purchased the hotel at the end of last year and immediately began renovation work. Initially the resort was expected to reopen in July, but has started taking reservations for June 15th and after.
COMING SOON—TREE TO TREE ADVENTURE PARK! Zip lines, nets, and Tarzan swings will soon challenge every age and ability at the Cape May County Zoo. The new adventure course is set to open this summer. Stay tuned for more details!
- Avalon Garden Club Plant Sale, Avalon Community Hall, Noon-4PM on Friday, May 13 & 9AM-4PM on Saturday, May 14
- Stone Harbor Garden Club Community Yard Sale, 96th Street Parking Lot, 8AM-2PM, Saturday, May 14
- Avalon Home & Land Owners Association Meeting, Police Chief William McCormack & Fire Chief Edward Dean will address Public Safety issues, Avalon Senior Center,10AM, Saturday, May 14
- iPhones Workshop, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, May 14
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society presents the Ben Mauger Vintage Jazz Band, proceeds benefit the Food Bank of Southern NJ, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, 2-4PM, Sunday, May 15
- Stone Harbor Bulk Pick-up, items to curb up to 72 hours prior to pick-up on Monday, May 16
- Wetlands Institute Native Plant Sale, plant & garden naturalists will be on hand to answer questions regarding the offered species, 9:30AM-4:30PM, Saturday & Sunday, May 21 & 22
- Spring Shorebird & Horseshoe Crab Festival, interactive activities for all ages, Wetlands Institute, 9:30AM-4:30PM, Saturday & Sunday, May 21 & 22
- Avalon Garden Club Fashion Show & Luncheon, Avalon Yacht Club, Noon, Wednesday, May 25
- Stone Harbor Beach Opening Ceremony, 95th Street Beach, 9:30 AM, Friday, May 27
- Cape Regional Auxiliary Antique Show, Avalon Community Hall, antique show from Noon-4PM on Friday, May 27, preview gala at 6PM on Friday, May 27, & antique show from 9AM-4PM on Saturday, May 28
- Annual Turtle Trot 5K Run & 2 Mile Fun Walk, 95th & First Avenue, 6:45AM registration,
8AM race start, 8:05AM walk start, Sunday, May 29
- Stone Harbor Farmer’s Market, Water Tower Plaza, 8AM-12:30PM, Sunday, May 29
- Matthew Mullin Memorial Beach 5K Run & 1 Mile Fun Walk, all proceeds benefit Friends in Need organization, 30th Street & the Beach, 8:30AM, Sunday, May 29
- Avalon Memorial Day Parade, starts at 32nd Street & Dune down Dune Drive to Veteran’s Plaza for a ceremony, parade starts at 9AM, ceremony to follow, Monday, May 30
- Stone Harbor Memorial Day Parade, starts at bridge, down 96th Street to the Women’s Civic Club on the 96th Street beach for a service, parade starts at Noon, service to follow, Monday, May 30
- American Legion Post #331 Open House, 117th Street & Second Avenue, 1-4PM, Monday, May 30
- Aviation Museum Runway 5K Run/Fun Walk & Bike, Cape May County Airport, bike preview 8:10-8:40AM, race starts at 9AM, Saturday, June 4
- Stone Harbor Garden Club House Tour, 12:30-4PM, Saturday, June 4
- Avalon Performing Arts Council ‘Lights Out Tribute to Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons,’ Avalon Community Hall, 6:30PM doors open, 7PM show starts, Saturday, June 4
Build your dream house on this oversize 70 x 100 corner lot, just 2 blocks to the beach, in Stone Harbor’s quiet south-end.
235 118th St., Stone Harbor, $1,495,000, ACTIVE MLS# 170203
Enjoy your summers with ocean views in this beautiful 3-story south-end Avalon home. You will love the open second floor great room with its cathedral ceiling, light and views; this house looks like new!
Build your 4,500 sq. ft. dream Bayfront home on this empty 60′ x 155′ lot in Stone Harbor’s desirable South-end. This is a great location… Enjoy unlimited bay/wetlands/sunset views and walk just two blocks to the beach.
If you have ever considered starting your own business in Stone Harbor, here is your opportunity! The iconic Terry Ivory jewelry store in the heart of the 96th St. business district is for sale. This sale is for the real estate only (the unit), not the jewelry business. In addition, 100% financing is available to qualified buyers.
257 96th St., Stone Harbor, $657,000, ACTIVE MLS# 169476 – Price Reduced
Your brand new dream Bayfront home just came on the market! The design, landscaping, quality, and décor of this new home with a large pool by the bay, is simply extraordinary and amazing. It needs to be seen!
Just reduced, this stunning professionally decorated, 3 bedroom/3 bath, 2-story condo is move-in ready for your summer enjoyment. If being in the center of town and walking to everything is for you, so is this condo! Take a look at the photos.
2322 Dune Dr., Avalon, $719,000, MLS# 162123 – Under Contract
Enjoy one of Avalon’s most unique homes and the recently added pool on this oversize 80 x 110 corner lot. If you prefer to build your dream house, this lot will accommodate a 6,000 sq. ft. home.
Beautifully decorated high-end 5 bedroom home with detached garage at the right price. Take a look at the photos; newer properties at this price point seldom appear on the market.
261 45th St., Avalon, $1,569,000, ACTIVE MLS# 168273 – Under Contract
This south-end 4-bedroom Bayfront townhouse with a boat slip and a garage, has unobstructed sunset views. Interior was completely renovated down to the studs in 2011, and the exterior was refurbished in January, 2016.
6660 Ocean Dr., South Unit, Avalon, $1,695,000, MLS# 168272 – Under Contract
Beautiful brand new Tom Welsh home with a pool in Stone Harbor. Lovely wall colors and stunning kitchen. Walk to the beach or the center of town.
Just reduced by $200K, this spectacular 6 bedroom home with a pool and wraparound porch sits on an oversize 70 x 110 lot. Beautiful decor, this property must be seen.
Just reduced by $400K, this home sits on an oversize beach block corner lot, it’s the 4th house from the beach. Utility poles and wires are being removed from this block to enhance your ocean view. This is an opportunity at $ 2.295m.
695 22nd Street, Avalon, $475,000, SOLD MLS#: 168722
222 14th Street, Avalon, $1,175,000, SOLD MLS#: 168950
10006 Corinthian Drive, Stone Harbor, $1,200,000, SOLD MLS#: 160663
119 85th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,100,000, SOLD MLS#: 168800
249 76th Street, Avalon, $2,160,000, SOLD MLS#: 165654
45 W 15th Street, Avalon, $2,428,070, SOLD MLS#: 164181
36 W 33rd Street, Avalon, $3,995,000, SOLD MLS#: 165660