BEACH TAGS will be reciprocal in Avalon & Stone Harbor once again, with each town honoring the other’s tags. 2016 tags will cost $6 daily, $12 weekly, or $27 for the season. However, season tags can be purchased in advance for the discounted rate of $22 until May 27th. In Avalon, advance purchases can be made at the tax office on weekdays, or at the beach tag booth adjacent to Community Hall on weekends from 10am to 4pm. In Stone Harbor, tags are available at Borough Hall on weekdays, or from the Beach Tag Office at 95th & the beach on weekends from 9am to 12 noon. You can also complete and mail a form to reserve Stone Harbor tags here: http://stoneharbornj.
THE AVALON HOME AND LAND OWNERS ASSOCIATION will host a Community Connections event at Avalon Community Hall on Saturday, April 9th, from 9:30am to noon. At 10am, hear talks on Avalon’s Bicycle Safety Initiative, the Avalon Seawatch program, and the county’s 911 system. At 11am information tables will be open, featuring a variety of programs.
STONE HARBOR’S NEW LIBRARY is rapidly taking shape. As construction of the building has progressed, the look of the intersection of 96th Street and Second Avenue has been transformed. Construction is on schedule to be completed by October or November.
FREE SEEDLINGS are available to Avalon residents and property owners on Saturday, April 9th, from 9:30am to noon, at Avalon Community Hall, during the Avalon Home and Land Owners Association meeting. Seedlings will come with instructions for storing and planting, but planting within two days of pick up is recommended for best results.
COAST GUARD HELICOPTERS will be making more trips along the beach during the next month, as pilot training occurs for newly assigned pilots. In addition to classes, pilots will typically fly two flights per day for six weeks from Air Station Atlantic City. Two search-and-rescue response crews will also fly operation and training missions.
TEN REASONS You Know You’ve Spent Your Summers in Avalon! For a fun look at memorable Avalon icons, click here: http://
- Avalon Home & Land Owners Association Community Connections, presentations, displays & info, Mayor Pagliughi of Avalon will speak on the Cape May County Emergency Operations & Dr. David LaPuma will speak on the Avalon Sea Watch Project, Avalon Community Hall, 9:30AM-Noon, Saturday, April 9
- Free tree seedlings for Avalon residents and property owners as part of the New Jersey Tree Recovery Campaign, first come-first served, Avalon Community Hall, 9:30AM-Noon, Saturday, April 9
- Stone Harbor Job Fair, Coffee Talk & other Stone Harbor businesses will be represented at 299-97th Street with information on available summer positions,11AM-3PM, Saturday, April 9
- Big Band Dance, Fred Hall Orchestra, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, April 9
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society presents the ‘Mary Lou Newnam Jazz Band,’ proceeds benefit the Food Bank of Southern Jersey, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, 2-4PM, Sunday, April 10
- Avalon’s Spring Dune Grass Planting, volunteers needed, meet at Community Hall at 30th & Dune at 8:30 for coffee, donuts & a planting demo, 9AMplanting start, at noon return to Community Hall for a free lunch, Saturday April 16
- Creative Writing Seminar, tips & feedback on poetry, memoirs, short stories, articles & books, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, April 16
- Cape May County Zoo Night Walk, after hours tour of the zoo, snacks & drinks provided, 6:30-8:30PM, Friday, April 22
- Exchange Club of Ocean City’s Roger LaRosa Charity Golf Classic benefiting children, community & country, register at 609-412-9607, for sponsorships call609-517-6035, Linwood Country Club, registration & lunch at 11:30AM, Monday, May 2
- Avalon Historical Society Annual Photo Contest, Monday, May 2-Tuesday, May 31
- Brendan Borek 11th Annual Golf Tournament, Stone Harbor Golf Club, noon, Friday, May 6
- Avalon Wine & Spirits Festival, more than 200 wines, flavored vodkas, scotch, bourbon, more, passed hors d’oeuvres from local restaurants, silent auction, tickets available at the Avalon Chamber of Commerce or Fred’s Liquor Stores – Avalon & Stone Harbor, 6:30-9PM, Friday, May 6
- Garden Club of Stone Harbor’s Plant & Bake Sale, Water Works area at 96th & Second Avenue, 8AM-2PM, Saturday, May 7
- Avalon Boro Wide Yard Sale, pick up map at Avalon Community Hall at 8AM, yard sale begins at 9AM, Saturday, May 7
- Avalon Community Paper Shredding Day, free shredding for Avalon residents & property owners, Avalon Public Works at 14th & Dune Drive, 9AM-2PM, Saturday, May 7
- IPad Workshop, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday May 7
- Stone Harbor’s Spring Tide Festival, music, beer & wine garden, food, games, kids’ activities, more, 96th Street between 2nd & 3rd, 11AM-6PM, Saturday, May 7th
- Avalon Garden Club Annual Plant Sale, Avalon Community Hall, 11AM-3PM on Friday, May 13 & 9AM-3PM on Saturday, May 14
- Stone Harbor Garden Club Community Yard Sale, 96th Street Parking Lot, 8AM-2PM, Saturday, May 14
- IPhones Workshop, popular apps for reading books, magazines & news, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, May 14
If you have ever considered starting your own business in Stone Harbor, here is your opportunity! The iconic Terry Ivory jewelry store in the heart of the 96th St. business district is for sale. This sale is for the real estate only (the unit), not the jewelry business. In addition, 100% financing is available to qualified buyers.
Your brand new dream Bayfront home just came on the market! The design, landscaping, quality, and décor of this new home with a large pool by the bay, is simply extraordinary and amazing. It needs to be seen!
Just reduced, this stunning professionally decorated, 3 bedroom/3 bath, 2-story condo is move-in ready for your summer enjoyment. If being in the center of town and walking to everything is for you, so is this condo! Take a look at the photos.
Enjoy one of Avalon’s most unique homes and the recently added pool on this oversize 80 x 110 corner lot. If you prefer to build your dream house, this lot will accommodate a 6,000 sq. ft. home.
Walk one block to the beach and town from this beautiful condo that was totally renovated in 2014. The 4 units share a large pool. This property is a great choice to enter the Avalon market at an affordable price.
Beautifully decorated high-end 5 bedroom home with detached garage at the right price. Take a look at the photos; newer properties at this price point seldom appear on the market.
261 45th St., Avalon, $1,569,000, ACTIVE MLS# 168273 – Under Contract
This south-end 4-bedroom Bayfront townhouse with a boat slip and a garage, has unobstructed sunset views. Interior was completely renovated down to the studs in 2011, and the exterior was refurbished in January, 2016.
Beautiful brand new Tom Welsh home with a pool in Stone Harbor. Lovely wall colors and stunning kitchen. Walk to the beach or the center of town.
Enjoy incredible views of the bay, wetlands, Cedar Island, and daily sunsets from your 3-bedroom Camalon condo. The only condo available in the Camalon, this unit has a new kitchen and its own boat slip.
1688 Ocean Dr., Unit A-3, Avalon, $689,000, ACTIVE MLS# 167341 – Under Contract
Build your beach front dream house in Stone Harbor. Just reduced by $250K, to well below assessed lot value. This lot is 75′ wide across the beach front, providing spectacular ocean views.
2 100th St., Stone Harbor, $3,099,000. ACTIVE MLS# 159871 – Under Contract
Enjoy life in this beautiful, fully furnished, 6 bedroom/5.5 bath home in Avalon’s desirable South-end. Walk just 1.5 blocks to the widest section of Avalon’s beaches. If you would rather be pool-side, you will love this unique and amazing cabana.
249 76th St., Avalon, $2,195,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS# 165654 – Under Contract
Just reduced by $200K, this spectacular 6 bedroom home with a pool and wraparound porch sits on an oversize 70 x 110 lot. Beautiful decor, this property must be seen.
Just reduced by $400K, this home sits on an oversize beach block corner lot, it’s the 4th house from the beach. Utility poles and wires are being removed from this block to enhance your ocean view. This is an opportunity at $ 2.295m.
3 Anchorage Drive, Stone Harbor Manor, $105,000, SOLD MLS#: 162790
669 Avalon Boulevard, Avalon Manor, $160,000, SOLD MLS#: 168139
351 96th St #107, Stone Harbor, $382,500, SOLD MLS#: 167861
8201 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $500,000, SOLD MLS#: 161291
4 Hallman Road, Stone Harbor Manor, $520,000, SOLD MLS#: 165146
118 19th Street, Avalon, $1,140,000, SOLD MLS#: 168286
9425 Sunset Drive, Stone Harbor, $1,692,000, SOLD MLS#: 161968
35 E 17th Street, Avalon, $1,750,000, SOLD MLS#: 168141
3559 First Avenue, Avalon, $2,075,000, SOLD MLS#: 168002
214 61st Street, Avalon, $2,700,000, SOLD MLS#: 169415