BEACH SWEEPS will be held at 72 locations along the Jersey Shore on Saturday, April 30th, including Avalon, Stone Harbor, and Sea Isle City. Volunteers are always needed to help collect trash from the beach; for more information or to register please visit www.cleanoceanaction.org
SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE: There’s something for every budget in our local real estate market! While multi-million dollar oceanfront and bayfront homes make headlines, even a modest budget will buy you a getaway condo with a great rental history! See the Featured Property below for more details!
THE STONE HARBOR BIRD SANCTUARY has seen the return of migratory birds including Black Crown and Yellow Crown Night Herons. Various paths in and around the sanctuary provide amazing views of wildlife and the maritime forest. For more on the sanctuary, the visitor paths, and scheduled tours, visitwww.
THE CAPE MAY-LEWES FERRY welcomed the return of the MV New Jersey last weekend after dry-dock work took her out of service for unscheduled repairs to her hull. With the New Jersey back in service there are as many as seven daily departures from Cape May, up from just four when the New Jersey was unavailable. The MV Delaware is expected to return to the fleet in mid-May after a scheduled engine replacement, bringing the ferry fleet back to full strength with three vessels.
YANK MARINE, a boatyard in nearby Tuckahoe, will appear in a National Geographic TV series titled “The Yard.” The series premiered last week, and Yank is likely to appear in a May episode. The boatyard, founded by John Yank fifty years ago, repairs and maintains commercial vessels from all over the northeast region, including ferries, police, and Coast Guard boats. Yank Marine has recently repaired NY Waterway ferries, as well as the AJ Meerwald, New Jersey’s official tall ship.
- Avalon Garden Club Arbor Day Tree Planting, 18th & Dune Drive, 10:30AM, Friday, April 29
- Stone Harbor Arbor Day Celebration & Tree Planting, Stone Harbor Elementary School, 1:30PM, Friday, April 29
- Stone Harbor & Avalon Beach Sweeps, volunteers needed for beach clean-up, meet at Stone Harbor’s 96th Street beach entrance or area near Uncle Bill’s Pancake House at 3189 Dune Drive in Avalon at 9AM, 9AM-12:30PM, Saturday, April 30
- Exchange Club of Ocean City’s Roger LaRosa Charity Golf Classic benefiting children, community & country, register at 609-412-9607, for sponsorships call 609-517-6035, Linwood Country Club, registration & lunch at 11:30AM, Monday, May 2
- Avalon Historical Society Annual Photo Contest, Monday, May 2-Tuesday, May 31
- Brendan Borek 11th Annual Golf Tournament, register or donate by visiting www.brendansfund.org, Stone Harbor Golf Club, Noon, Friday, May 6
- Avalon Wine & Spirits Festival, more than 200 wines, flavored vodkas, scotch, bourbon, passed hors d’oeuvres from local restaurants, silent auction, tickets available at the Avalon Chamber of Commerce or Fred’s Liquor Stores – Avalon & Stone Harbor, 6:30-9PM, Friday, May 6
- Avalon Boro Wide Yard Sale, pick up map at Avalon Community Hall at 8AM, yard sale begins at 9AM, Saturday, May 7
- Garden Club of Stone Harbor’s Plant & Bake Sale, Water Works area at 96th & Second Avenue, 8AM-2PM, Saturday, May 7
- Avalon Volunteer Fire Department Plant & Hoagie Sale, Avalon Fire House, 9AM, Saturday, May 7
- Avalon Community Paper Shredding Day, free shredding for Avalon residents & property owners, Avalon Public Works at 14th & Dune Drive, 9AM-2PM, Saturday, May 7
- IPad Workshop, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday May 7
- Stone Harbor’s Spring Tide Festival, music, beer & wine garden, food, games, kids’ activities, more, 96th Street between 2nd & 3rd, 11AM-6PM, Saturday, May 7th
- Avalon Police Department Bicycle Auction, Avalon Public Works Building, Noon, Saturday, May 7
- Avalon Bulk Pick-up, items to curb prior to pick-up on Monday, May 9
- Cape May County Senior Jamboree, Avalon Community Hall, 10AM-2PM, Thursday, May 12
- Avalon Garden Club Plant Sale, Avalon Community Hall, Noon-4PM on Friday, May 13 & 9AM-4PM on Saturday, May 14
- Stone Harbor Garden Club Community Yard Sale, 96th Street Parking Lot, 8AM-2PM, Saturday, May 14
- Avalon Home & Land Owners Association Meeting, Police Chief William McCormack & Fire Chief Edward Dean will address Public Safety issues, Avalon Senior Center, 10AM, Saturday, May 14
- IPhones Workshop, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, May 14
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society presents the Ben Mauger Vintage Jazz Band, proceeds benefit the Food Bank of Southern NJ, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, 2-4PM, Sunday, May 15
- Stone Harbor Bulk Pick-up, items to curb up to 72 hours prior to pick-up on Monday, May 16
- Wetlands Institute Native Plant Sale, plant & garden naturalists will be on hand to answer questions regarding the offered species, 9:30AM-4:30PM, Saturday &Sunday, May 21 & 22
- Spring Shorebird & Horseshoe Crab Festival, interactive activities for all ages, Wetlands Institute, 9:30AM-4:30PM, Saturday & Sunday, May 21 & 22
- Avalon Garden Club Fashion Show & Luncheon, Avalon Yacht Club, Noon, Wednesday, May 25
- Stone Harbor Beach Opening Ceremony, 95th Street Beach, 9:30 AM, Friday, May 27
- Cape Regional Auxiliary Antique Show, Avalon Community Hall, Preview Gala on Friday, May 27 at 6PM & antique show on Saturday, May 28
Build your 4,500 sq. ft. dream Bayfront home on this empty 60′ x 155′ lot in Stone Harbor’s desirable South-end. This is a great location… Enjoy unlimited bay/wetlands/sunset views and walk just two blocks to the beach.
If you have ever considered starting your own business in Stone Harbor, here is your opportunity! The iconic Terry Ivory jewelry store in the heart of the 96th St. business district is for sale. This sale is for the real estate only (the unit), not the jewelry business. In addition, 100% financing is available to qualified buyers.
257 96th St., Stone Harbor, $657,000, ACTIVE MLS# 169476 – Price Reduced
Your brand new dream Bayfront home just came on the market! The design, landscaping, quality, and décor of this new home with a large pool by the bay, is simply extraordinary and amazing. It needs to be seen!
Just reduced, this stunning professionally decorated, 3 bedroom/3 bath, 2-story condo is move-in ready for your summer enjoyment. If being in the center of town and walking to everything is for you, so is this condo! Take a look at the photos.
2322 Dune Dr., Avalon, $719,000, MLS# 162123 – Under Contract
Enjoy one of Avalon’s most unique homes and the recently added pool on this oversize 80 x 110 corner lot. If you prefer to build your dream house, this lot will accommodate a 6,000 sq. ft. home.
Beautifully decorated high-end 5 bedroom home with detached garage at the right price. Take a look at the photos; newer properties at this price point seldom appear on the market.
261 45th St., Avalon, $1,569,000, ACTIVE MLS# 168273 – Under Contract
This south-end 4-bedroom Bayfront townhouse with a boat slip and a garage, has unobstructed sunset views. Interior was completely renovated down to the studs in 2011, and the exterior was refurbished in January, 2016.
6660 Ocean Dr., South Unit, Avalon, $1,695,000, MLS# 168272 – Under Contract
Beautiful brand new Tom Welsh home with a pool in Stone Harbor. Lovely wall colors and stunning kitchen. Walk to the beach or the center of town.
Enjoy incredible views of the bay, wetlands, Cedar Island, and daily sunsets from your 3-bedroom Camalon condo. The only condo available in the Camalon, this unit has a new kitchen and its own boat slip.
1688 Ocean Dr., Unit A-3, Avalon, $689,000, MLS# 167341 – Under Contract
Enjoy life in this beautiful, fully furnished, 6 bedroom/5.5 bath home in Avalon’s desirable South-end. Walk just 1.5 blocks to the widest section of Avalon’s beaches. If you would rather be pool-side, you will love this unique and amazing cabana.
249 76th St., Avalon, $2,195,000, MLS# 165654 – Under Contract
Just reduced by $200K, this spectacular 6 bedroom home with a pool and wraparound porch sits on an oversize 70 x 110 lot. Beautiful decor, this property must be seen.
Just reduced by $400K, this home sits on an oversize beach block corner lot, it’s the 4th house from the beach. Utility poles and wires are being removed from this block to enhance your ocean view. This is an opportunity at $ 2.295m.
100 96th St. Unit 101/11, Stone Harbor, $735,000, SOLD MLS#: 169873
250 82nd Street, Stone Harbor, $760,000, SOLD MLS#: 168895
9600 First Avenue, Stone Harbor, $890,000, SOLD MLS#: 162209
431 24th Street, Avalon, $1,100,000, SOLD MLS#: 164775
75 W 28th Street, Avalon, $1,637,500, SOLD MLS#: 161718
2 100th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,800,000, SOLD MLS#: 159871