81 PROPERTIES ARE UNDER CONTRACT in the local market–meaning 81 families are looking forward to a new shore home! Are you ready? Call or email me to begin your search today. If you are not quite ready, but want to know more about the market, I’m always happy to answer your questions and provide information.
“BACKPASSING” BEACH PROJECT: Avalon expects to begin a “backpassing” project on its beaches no later than April 27th. Excess sand accumulated on the beaches from 32nd to 38th Streets will be moved by truck to the borough’s north-end beaches, in order to widen them before the summer season. Up to 50,000 cubic yards of sand could be moved during the project, which the borough hopes to have completed by Memorial Day.
CATCH US ON TV! A new Long & Foster television campaign is in full swing across the Delaware Valley region. Catch our ad on CNBC, ESPN, Fox News, HGTV, and the Golf Channel, or simply click here: https://vimeo.com/
GO RIDE A BIKE! The Atlantic City Press recently published a list of great places to ride a bicycle while you’re in the area. Among those locations listed were traditional favorites, such as Avalon’s boardwalk between 21st and 32nd Street (bikes allowed 5am to 10am, May through September) and Stone Harbor’s promenade between 80th and 83rd Streets (no restrictions). Sea Isle City’s promenade and the area’s boardwalks all made the list. For an off-island adventure check out the 24-hour Middle Township bike path, which runs from the Cape May County Zoo to Martin Luther King Recreation Center in Whitesboro. Of course, if you are mindful of vehicular traffic, the Dune Drive/Second Avenue bike lane runs the entire length of Seven Mile Island and provides a delightful ride at any time of day.
ATTENTION RENTAL PROPERTY OWNERS! The 2016 summer season is rapidly approaching, and it’s time to put your property in “rental ready” condition! Turn on the outside shower, clean up the yard, perform a thorough spring cleaning, and place the deck furniture outside. Take a few moments to make a to-do list, then make the calls to put things in motion. It’s especially important that your cable TV and WiFi service be turned on and checked, since Comcast no longer has an office in Avalon. Call and set up your service NOW, and avoid problems when tenants check in!
- Cape May County Zoo Night Walk, after hours tour of the zoo, snacks & drinks provided, 6:30-8:30PM, Friday, April 22
- Avalon Garden Club Arbor Day Tree Planting, 18th & Dune Drive, 10:30AM, Friday, April 29
- Stone Harbor Arbor Day Celebration, students will offer songs, poems & stories in honor of the day & the Garden Club has donated a tree for planting, Stone Harbor Elementary School, 1:30PM, Friday, April 29
- Exchange Club of Ocean City’s Roger LaRosa Charity Golf Classic benefiting children, community & country, register at 609-412-9607, for sponsorships call 609-517-6035, Linwood Country Club, registration & lunch at 11:30AM,Monday, May 2
- Avalon Historical Society Annual Photo Contest, Monday, May 2-Tuesday, May 31
- Brendan Borek 11th Annual Golf Tournament, register, donate or sponsor by visiting www.brendansfund.org, Stone Harbor Golf Club, Noon, Friday, May 6
- Avalon Wine & Spirits Festival, more than 200 wines, flavored vodkas, scotch, bourbon, more, passed hors d’oeuvres from local restaurants, silent auction, tickets available at the Avalon Chamber of Commerce or Fred’s Liquor Stores – Avalon & Stone Harbor, 6:30-9PM, Friday, May 6
- Avalon Boro Wide Yard Sale, pick up map at Avalon Community Hall at 8AM, yard sale begins at 9AM, Saturday, May 7
- Avalon Volunteer Fire Department Plant & Hoagie Sale, Avalon Fire House, 8AM start for plants, 10AM start for hoagies, Saturday, May 7
- Garden Club of Stone Harbor’s Plant & Bake Sale, Water Works area at 96th & Second Avenue, 8AM-2PM, Saturday, May 7
- Avalon Community Paper Shredding Day, free shredding for Avalon residents & property owners, Avalon Public Works at 14th & Dune Drive, 9AM-2PM, Saturday, May 7
- IPad Workshop, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday May 7
- Stone Harbor’s Spring Tide Festival, music, beer & wine garden, food, games, kids’ activities, more, 96th Street between 2nd & 3rd, 11AM-6PM, Saturday, May 7th
- Avalon Police Department Bicycle Auction, Avalon Public Works Building, Noon, Saturday, May 7
- Avalon Bulk Pick-up, items to curb between April 29 & May 8 for pick-up on Monday, May 9
- Cape May County Senior Jamboree, Avalon Community Hall, 10AM-2PM, Thursday, May 12
- Avalon Garden Club Plant Sale, Avalon Community Hall, Noon-4PM on Friday, May 13 & 9AM-4PM on Saturday, May 14
- Stone Harbor Garden Club Community Yard Sale, 96th Street Parking Lot, 8AM-2PM, Saturday, May 14
- IPhones Workshop, popular apps for reading books, magazines & news, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, May 14
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society presents the Ben Mauger Vintage Jazz Band, proceeds benefit the Food Bank of Southern NJ, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, 2-4PM, Sunday, May 15
- Stone Harbor Bulk Pick-up, items to curb up to 72 hours prior to pick-up on Monday, May 16
- Spring Shorebird & Horseshoe Crab Festival, interactive activities for all ages, Wetlands Institute, 9:30AM-4:30PM, Saturday & Sunday, May 21 & 22
- Avalon Garden Club Fashion Show & Luncheon, Avalon Yacht Club, Noon, Wednesday, May 25
- Stone Harbor Beach Opening Ceremony, 95th Street Beach, 9:30 AM, Friday, May 27
- Cape Regional Auxiliary Antique Show, Avalon Community Hall, Preview Gala on Friday, May 27 at 6PM & antique show on Saturday, May 28
If you have ever considered starting your own business in Stone Harbor, here is your opportunity! The iconic Terry Ivory jewelry store in the heart of the 96th St. business district is for sale. This sale is for the real estate only (the unit), not the jewelry business. In addition, 100% financing is available to qualified buyers.
257 96th St., Stone Harbor, $657,000, ACTIVE MLS# 169476 – Price Reduced
Your brand new dream Bayfront home just came on the market! The design, landscaping, quality, and décor of this new home with a large pool by the bay, is simply extraordinary and amazing. It needs to be seen!
549 42nd St., Avalon, $4,595,000, ACTIVE MLS# 169425
Just reduced, this stunning professionally decorated, 3 bedroom/3 bath, 2-story condo is move-in ready for your summer enjoyment. If being in the center of town and walking to everything is for you, so is this condo! Take a look at the photos.
2322 Dune Dr., Avalon, $719,000, MLS# 162123 – Under Contract
Enjoy one of Avalon’s most unique homes and the recently added pool on this oversize 80 x 110 corner lot. If you prefer to build your dream house, this lot will accommodate a 6,000 sq. ft. home.
4656 Dune Drive, Avalon, $1,395,000, ACTIVE MLS# 168490
Walk one block to the beach and town from this beautiful condo that was totally renovated in 2014. The 4 units share a large pool. This property is a great choice to enter the Avalon market at an affordable price.
109 30th St., Avalon, $459,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165838 – Under Contract
Beautifully decorated high-end 5 bedroom home with detached garage at the right price. Take a look at the photos; newer properties at this price point seldom appear on the market.
261 45th St., Avalon, $1,569,000, ACTIVE MLS# 168273 – Under Contract
This south-end 4-bedroom Bayfront townhouse with a boat slip and a garage, has unobstructed sunset views. Interior was completely renovated down to the studs in 2011, and the exterior was refurbished in January, 2016.
6660 Ocean Dr., South Unit, Avalon, $1,695,000, MLS# 168272 – Under Contract
Beautiful brand new Tom Welsh home with a pool in Stone Harbor. Lovely wall colors and stunning kitchen. Walk to the beach or the center of town.
249 88th St., Stone Harbor, $1,795,000, ACTIVE MLS# 163969 – Reduced
Enjoy incredible views of the bay, wetlands, Cedar Island, and daily sunsets from your 3-bedroom Camalon condo. The only condo available in the Camalon, this unit has a new kitchen and its own boat slip.
1688 Ocean Dr., Unit A-3, Avalon, $689,000, MLS# 167341 – Under Contract
Build your beach front dream house in Stone Harbor. Just reduced by $250K, to well below assessed lot value. This lot is 75′ wide across the beach front, providing spectacular ocean views.
2 100th St., Stone Harbor, $3,099,000. MLS# 159871 – Under Contract
Enjoy life in this beautiful, fully furnished, 6 bedroom/5.5 bath home in Avalon’s desirable South-end. Walk just 1.5 blocks to the widest section of Avalon’s beaches. If you would rather be pool-side, you will love this unique and amazing cabana.
249 76th St., Avalon, $2,195,000, MLS# 165654 – Under Contract
Just reduced by $200K, this spectacular 6 bedroom home with a pool and wraparound porch sits on an oversize 70 x 110 lot. Beautiful decor, this property must be seen.
385 93rd St., Stone Harbor, $2,295,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165563
Just reduced by $400K, this home sits on an oversize beach block corner lot, it’s the 4th house from the beach. Utility poles and wires are being removed from this block to enhance your ocean view. This is an opportunity at $ 2.295m.
115 120th St., Stone Harbor, $2,295,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165421
2015 Dune Drive, Avalon, $719,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 169772
1127 Stone Harbor Blvd, Stone Harbor Manor, $729,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 169779
127 94th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,395,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 169645
7098 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,395,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 169653
415 98th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,095,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 169630
129 114th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,295,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 169704
4029 Dune Dr., Avalon, $2,299,500, ACTIVE MLS#: 169701
11 S. Pelican Drive, Avalon, $2,495,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 169696
255 104th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,495,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 169672
34 Pelican Drive, Avalon, $2,875,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 169705
4303 Dune Drive, Avalon, $3,995,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 169764
109 30th Street, Avalon, $435,000, SOLD MLS#: 165838
8201 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $500,000, SOLD MLS#: 161291
304 83rd Street, Stone Harbor, $747,500, SOLD MLS#: 166230
131 38th St., Avalon, $1,500,000, SOLD MLS#: 168161
274 68th Street, Avalon, $2,075,000, SOLD MLS#: 169722