MARKET STATS: The number of active listings in Avalon & Stone Harbor stands at 293, down 17% from a year ago. The average sold-to-list price ratio is 96.1%, up slightly from last year. In the over-$1-million category, the average sale price rose to $1,675,000 in February, up 13% over last year.
HOUSE PORTRAITS are a fantastic way to display your pride of ownership of a seashore property! Lisa Cunningham captures the character of your shore home in her pastels–what a great piece to display in your home or office! Visit Lisa Cunningham Fine Art to check out her work. You can also contact Lisa email@example.com
13 YEAR OLD SANDERLING! The Wetlands Institute shared this fun fact: last fall a sanderling was spotted at Stone Harbor Point. The bird wore a band around its leg containing a code. After submitting the code, Wetlands staff learned that the sanderling was at least 13.5 years old–the oldest ever found! Wetlands staff point out that shorebirds need to rest and forage for food undisturbed; avoid disturbing birds on the beach and follow signage at all times.
SPRING CLEANUP TIME: If you need to dispose of unwanted bulk household items, take advantage of upcoming bulk pickup dates in Avalon and Stone Harbor. In Avalon bulk items can be placed curbside from April 29th to May 8th (pick up will occur on May 9th.) In Stone Harbor, pick up will occur on Monday, May 16th; items may be placed curbside up to 72 hours prior.
DOUG’S SEVEN MILE ISLAND NEWS will return the week of April 4th. Happy Easter to you & your family!
- Wetlands Institute Lunch ‘n Learn, topic is ‘Habitat Restoration at Stone Harbor Point,’ bring your lunch; coffee & dessert will be provided, 11:45AM-1PM, Friday, March 25
- Breakfast with the Easter Bunny, hot & cold buffet selections, photos with Mr. Bunny, Easter egg hunt, more, Cape May Ferry Terminal, call 800-643-3779 for info, seatings at 9AM & 10:30AM, Saturday, March 26
- Wetlands Institute Turtle Fest, pancake breakfast, games, prizes, crafts, more, 9AM-3PM, Saturday, March 26
- Avalon Recreation’s Easter Egg Hunt, 8th through 12th Street fields, 10AM, Saturday, March 26
- Genealogy Workshop, begin your family research, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, March 26
- IPad Workshop, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, April 2
- Avalon Home & Land Owners Association Community Connections, presentations, displays & info, Mayor Pagliughi of Avalon will speak on the Cape May County Emergency Operations & Dr. David LaPuma will speak on the Avalon Sea Watch Project, Avalon Community Hall, 9:30AM-Noon, Saturday, April 9
- Free tree seedlings for Avalon residents and property owners as part of the New Jersey Tree Recovery Campaign, first come-first served, Avalon Community Hall, 9:30AM-Noon, Saturday, April 9
- Stone Harbor Job Fair, Coffee Talk & other Stone Harbor businesses will be represented at 299-97th Street with information on available summer positions, 11AM-3PM, Saturday, April 9
- Big Band Dance, Fred Hall Orchestra, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, April 9
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society presents the ‘Mary Lou Newnam Jazz Band,’ proceeds benefit the Food Bank of Southern Jersey, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, 2-4PM, Sunday, April 10
- Avalon’s Spring Dune Grass Planting, volunteers needed, meet at Community Hall at 30th & Dune at 8:30 for coffee, donuts & a planting demo, 9AM planting start, at noon return to Community Hall for a free lunch, Saturday April 16
- Creative Writing Seminar, tips & feedback on poetry, memoirs, short stories, articles & books, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, April 16
- Cape May County Zoo Night Walk, after hours tour of the zoo, snacks & drinks provided, 6:30-8:30PM, Friday, April 22
- Exchange Club of Ocean City’s Roger LaRosa Charity Golf Classic benefiting children, community & country, register at 609-412-9607, for sponsorships call 609-517-6035, Linwood Country Club, registration & lunch at 11:30AM, Monday, May 2
- Avalon Wine & Spirits Festival, more than 200 wines, flavored vodkas, scotch, bourbon, more, passed hors d’oeuvres from local restaurants, silent auction, tickets available at the Avalon Chamber of Commerce or Fred’s Liquor Stores – Avalon & Stone Harbor, 6:30-9PM, Friday, May 6
- Garden Club of Stone Harbor’s Plant & Bake Sale, Water Works area at 96th & Second Avenue,8AM-2PM, Saturday, May 7
- Stone Harbor’s Spring Tide Festival, music, beer & wine garden, food, games, kids’ activities, more, 96th Street between 2nd & 3rd, 11AM-6PM, Saturday, May 7th
- Avalon Garden Club Annual Plant Sale, Avalon Community Hall, 11AM-3PM on Friday, May 13 & 9AM-3PM on Saturday, May 14
Just reduced, this stunning professionally decorated, 3 bedroom/3 bath, 2-story condo is move-in ready for your summer enjoyment. If being in the center of town and walking to everything is for you, so is this condo! Take a look at the photos.
Enjoy one of Avalon’s most unique homes and the recently added pool on this oversize 80 x 110 corner lot. If you prefer to build your dream house, this lot will accommodate a 6,000 sq. ft. home.
Walk one block to the beach and town from this beautiful condo that was totally renovated in 2014. The 4 units share a large pool. This property is a great choice to enter the Avalon market at an affordable price.
Beautifully decorated high-end 5 bedroom home with detached garage at the right price. Take a look at the photos; newer properties at this price point seldom appear on the market.
261 45th St., Avalon, $1,569,000, ACTIVE MLS# 168273 – Under Contract
This south-end 4-bedroom Bayfront townhouse with a boat slip and a garage, has unobstructed sunset views. Interior was completely renovated down to the studs in 2011, and the exterior was refurbished in January, 2016.
Beautiful brand new Tom Welsh home with a pool in Stone Harbor. Lovely wall colors and stunning kitchen. Walk to the beach or the center of town.
Enjoy incredible views of the bay, wetlands, Cedar Island, and daily sunsets from your 3-bedroom Camalon condo. The only condo available in the Camalon, this unit has a new kitchen and its own boat slip.
1688 Ocean Dr., Unit A-3, Avalon, $689,000, ACTIVE MLS# 167341 – Under Contract
Build your beach front dream house in Stone Harbor. Just reduced by $250K, to well below assessed lot value. This lot is 75′ wide across the beach front, providing spectacular ocean views.
2 100th St., Stone Harbor, $3,099,000. ACTIVE MLS# 159871 – Under Contract
Enjoy life in this beautiful, fully furnished, 6 bedroom/5.5 bath home in Avalon’s desirable South-end. Walk just 1.5 blocks to the widest section of Avalon’s beaches. If you would rather be pool-side, you will love this unique and amazing cabana.
249 76th St., Avalon, $2,195,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS# 165654 – Under Contract
Just reduced by $200K, this spectacular 6 bedroom home with a pool and wraparound porch sits on an oversize 70 x 110 lot. Beautiful decor, this property must be seen.
Just reduced by $400K, this home sits on an oversize beach block corner lot, it’s the 4th house from the beach. Utility poles and wires are being removed from this block to enhance your ocean view. This is an opportunity at $ 2.295m.
32 Meadow View Lane, Avalon Manor, $275,000, SOLD MLS#: 164490
294 88th Street, Stone Harbor, $707,000, SOLD MLS#: 166931
305 79th Street, Avalon, $795,000, SOLD MLS#: 166085
221 17th Street, Avalon, $860,000, SOLD MLS#: 167292
4365 Fourth Avenue, Avalon, $1,490,000, SOLD MLS#: 165994
115 119th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,910,000, SOLD MLS#: 160910
117 105th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,125,000, SOLD MLS#: 167240