AVALON’S BEACH TAG BOOTH will be open on weekends beginning March 25th, from 10am to 4pm. Stop by 30th Street & Avalon Avenue to purchase your tags for the summer!
OCEAN DRIVE MARATHON: The 18th Annual Ocean Drive Marathon will be held on Sunday, March 20th. Runners will begin in Cape May at 9am and proceed north on Ocean Drive to the finish in Sea Isle City. Please be careful driving in the vicinity of participants!
FERRY RIDERSHIP UP: The Cape May-Lewes Ferry has reported increases in the number of vehicles and passengers transported during 2015. The number of vehicles carried increased about 4% to 266,149, while the number of passengers carried rose about 5% to 782,241. This month may be the perfect time to try a ferry ride if you’ve never done it—through March 31st you can book a special discounted fare for your vehicle, driver, and all passengers. Click here for details: http://
SUMMER FLOUNDER REGULATIONS have been released for the 2016 season, which will open on May 21st. Anglers will be allowed five fish at least 18 inches in length, except for the Delaware Bay, where anglers will be allowed four fish at least 17 inches in length. The season will close on September 25th.
STONE HARBOR’S TAX RATE will remain unchanged based on a budget introduced at a recent council meeting. On April 5th a public meeting will be held featuring an in-depth budget presentation.
IS THIS YOUR YEAR? If you’ve always dreamed of purchasing a property at the shore, why not make 2016 your year? Interest rates remain low—take advantage of low borrowing costs and good rental returns, and make your dreams come true!
HAPPY SAINT PATRICK’S DAY! Whether you’re Irish or not, enjoy the day!
- Covered Dish Dinner at The Wetlands Institute, topic is ‘The Father of Gentle Architecture: The Legacy of Malcolm Wells,’ please bring a dish to share with at least 8 people, 6-7:30PM, Friday, March 18
- Creative Writing Session, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, March 19
- Cape May County Zoo ‘Eggstravaganzoo,’ free family fun, Easter egg hunt, crafts, education stations, live animals, photo with the Easter Bunny (bring your camera!), more, 10AM-2PM, Saturday, March 19
- Stone Harbor Easter Egg Hunt, Stone Harbor Firehouse, 1PM, Saturday, March 19
- Ocean Drive Marathon 5K Run & 1.5 Mile Fun Run, 26.2 mile point to point course through the scenic islands of Cape May County, begins in Cape May & finishes in Sea Isle City, visit ODMarathon.org for info, 9AM start, Sunday, March 20
- Wetlands Institute Lunch ‘n Learn, topic is ‘Habitat Restoration at Stone Harbor Point,’ bring your lunch; coffee & dessert will be provided, 11:45AM-1PM, Friday, March 25
- Breakfast with the Easter Bunny, hot & cold buffet selections, photos with Mr. Bunny, Easter egg hunt, more, Cape May Ferry Terminal, call 800-643-3779 for info, seatings at 9AM & 10:30AM, Saturday, March 26
- Wetlands Institute Turtle Fest, pancake breakfast, games, prizes, crafts, more, 9AM-3PM, Saturday, March 26
- Avalon Recreation’s Easter Egg Hunt, 8th through 12th Street fields, 10AM, Saturday, March 26
- Genealogy Workshop, begin your family research, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, March 26
- IPad Workshop, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, April 2
- Avalon Home & Land Owners Association Community Connections, presentations, displays & info, Mayor Pagliughi of Avalon will speak on the Cape May County Emergency Operations & Dr. David LaPuma will speak on the Avalon Sea Watch Project, Avalon Community Hall, 9:30AM-Noon, Saturday, April 9
- Free tree seedlings for Avalon residents and property owners as part of the New Jersey Tree Recovery Campaign, first come-first served, Avalon Community Hall,9:30AM-Noon, Saturday, April 9
- Stone Harbor Job Fair, Coffee Talk & other Stone Harbor businesses will be represented at 299-97th Street with information on available summer positions, 11AM-3PM, Saturday, April 9
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society presents the ‘Mary Lou Newnam Jazz Band,’ proceeds benefit the Food Bank of Southern Jersey, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, 2-4PM, Sunday, April 10
- Avalon’s Spring Dune Grass Planting, volunteers needed, meet at Community Hall at 30th & Dune at 8:30 for coffee, donuts & a planting demo, 9AM planting start, at noon return to Community Hall for a free lunch, Saturday April 16
- Stone Harbor’s Spring Tide Festival, music, beer & wine garden, food, games, kids’ activities, more, 96th Street between 2nd & 3rd, 11AM-6PM, Saturday, May 7th
Just reduced, this stunning professionally decorated, 3 bedroom/3 bath, 2-story condo is move-in ready for your summer enjoyment. If being in the center of town and walking to everything is for you, so is this condo! Take a look at the photos.
Enjoy one of Avalon’s most unique homes and the recently added pool on this oversize 80 x 110 corner lot. If you prefer to build your dream house, this lot will accommodate a 6,000 sq. ft. home.
Walk one block to the beach and town from this beautiful condo that was totally renovated in 2014. The 4 units share a large pool. This property is a great choice to enter the Avalon market at an affordable price.
Beautifully decorated high-end 5 bedroom home with detached garage at the right price. Take a look at the photos; newer properties at this price point seldom appear on the market.
261 45th St., Avalon, $1,569,000, ACTIVE MLS# 168273 – Under Contract
This south-end 4-bedroom Bayfront townhouse with a boat slip and a garage, has unobstructed sunset views. Interior was completely renovated down to the studs in 2011, and the exterior was refurbished in January, 2016.
Beautiful brand new Tom Welsh home with a pool in Stone Harbor. Lovely wall colors and stunning kitchen. Walk to the beach or the center of town.
Enjoy incredible views of the bay, wetlands, Cedar Island, and daily sunsets from your 3-bedroom Camalon condo. The only condo available in the Camalon, this unit has a new kitchen and its own boat slip.
Build your beach front dream house in Stone Harbor. Just reduced by $250K, to well below assessed lot value. This lot is 75′ wide across the beach front, providing spectacular ocean views.
2 100th St., Stone Harbor, $3,099,000. ACTIVE MLS# 159871 – Under Contract
Enjoy life in this beautiful, fully furnished, 6 bedroom/5.5 bath home in Avalon’s desirable South-end. Walk just 1.5 blocks to the widest section of Avalon’s beaches. If you would rather be pool-side, you will love this unique and amazing cabana.
249 76th St., Avalon, $2,195,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS# 165654 – Under Contract
Just reduced by $200K, this spectacular 6 bedroom home with a pool and wraparound porch sits on an oversize 70 x 110 lot. Beautiful decor, this property must be seen.
Just reduced by $400K, this home sits on an oversize beach block corner lot, it’s the 4th house from the beach. Utility poles and wires are being removed from this block to enhance your ocean view. This is an opportunity at $ 2.295m.
Just listed, this is the only available unit in The Avalon condos at 700 First Ave. This popular building has a large pool and inlet views from the condo.
115 119th St., Stone Harbor, $2,045,000, ACTIVE MLS# 160910 – Under Contract
277 14th Street, Avalon, $590,000, SOLD MLS#: 166298
225 81st Street, Stone Harbor, $695,000, SOLD MLS#: 163893
293 67th Street, Avalon, $1,300,000, SOLD MLS#: 164535
295 67th Street, Avalon, $1,330,000, SOLD MLS#: 164537
1988 Avalon Avenue, Avalon, $1,475,000, SOLD MLS#: 168689