$43.4 BILLION! That was the total tourism revenue generated in New Jersey in 2015, according to a recent Associated Press article. The figure was up more than 3 percent over the prior year. The shore accounted for almost half of total tourism spending in the state, and was helped by good weather and lower gasoline prices. Hopefully we’ll see long stretches of good weather again this year—along with still-low prices at the pump, it ought to mean good things for Avalon & Stone Harbor.
THE STONE HARBOR SHIVER occurs Saturday in Stone Harbor. A recent taste of warm weather has taken the chill out of the air, but the ocean is still plenty cold! The event actually begins Friday evening with a pre-registration party at the Yacht Club featuring food, music, and an auction. Saturday will begin with Kegs ‘n Eggs at Fred’s Tavern, followed by a parade at noon down 96th Street toward the ocean. An after-party will take place at Fred’s . Interested in registering? See the Upcoming Events list below for a link.
AVALON KAYAKERS interested in utilizing Avalon’s Kayak Park during the 2016 season should complete a registration form by March 31st. Please click here for details and the registration form: http://avalonboro.net/
SPRING AHEAD this weekend! Thanks to daylight savings time we get to enjoy an extra hour of daylight in the evening. Don’t forget to change your clocks late Saturday night!
ANNUAL SPRING DUNE GRASS PLANTING will occur in Avalon on Saturday, April 16th. Volunteers are asked to meet at Avalon Community Hall at 8:30am for coffee and donuts, and a planting demonstration. At 9am Avalon Borough vehicles will take all volunteers to their planting sites. Lunch will be served at Community Hall at noon, followed by additional planting from 1pm to 3pm, if not completed during the morning session. The borough would like to have a count of participants in advance—please call Sue Keen at (609) 967-5924 or Chuck McDonnell at (609) 967-3066 by April 1st.
- Wetlands Institute Lunch ‘n Learn, topic is ‘Horseshoe Crab Rescue at Fortescue Beach,’ bring your lunch; coffee & dessert will be provided, 11:45AM-1PM, Friday, March 11
- Stone Harbor Shiver, registration at Fred’s Tavern at 9:30AM, plunge at the 96th Street Beach following the parade which begins at 11:45AM, visitwww.StoneHarborBeach.com
for info, Saturday, March 12
- Avalon Home and Land Owners’ Association meeting, Council Members Chuck Covington & Dr. Nancy Hudanich discuss Avalon’s ’16 budget, Avalon Senior Center, 10AM, Saturday, March 12
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade & Celebration in Sea Isle City, begins at 83rd & East Landis to 63rd & Landis, call 609-263-6341 for info, 3:30PM, Saturday, March 12
- Big Band Dance featuring the Star Band, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, March 12
- Stone Harbor’s Bulk Pick-up, items to curb up to 72 hours prior to pick-up beginning after 7AM on Monday, March 14
- Covered Dish Dinner at The Wetlands Institute, topic is ‘The Father of Gentle Architecture: The Legacy of Malcolm Wells,’ please bring a dish to share with at least 8 people, 6-7:30PM, Friday, March 18
- Cape May County Zoo ‘Eggstravaganzoo,’ free family fun, Easter egg hunt, crafts, education stations, live animals, photo with the Easter Bunny (bring your camera!), more, 10AM-2PM, Saturday, March 19
- Ocean Drive Marathon 5K Run & 1.5 Mile Fun Run, 26.2 mile point to point course through the scenic islands of Cape May County, begins in Cape May & finishes in Sea Isle City, visit ODMarathon.org for info, 9AM start, Sunday, March 20
- Wetlands Institute Lunch ‘n Learn, topic is ‘Habitat Restoration at Stone Harbor Point,’ bring your lunch; coffee & dessert will be provided, 11:45AM-1PM, Friday, March 25
- Breakfast with the Easter Bunny, hot & cold buffet selections, photos with Mr. Bunny, Easter egg hunt, more, Cape May Ferry Terminal, call 800-643-3779for info, seatings at 9AM & 10:30AM, Saturday, March 26
- Wetlands Institute Turtle Fest, pancake breakfast, games, prizes, crafts, more, 9AM-3PM, Saturday, March 26
- Stone Harbor Easter Egg Hunt, Stone Harbor Firehouse, 1PM, Saturday, March 26
- Stone Harbor Job Fair, Coffee Talk & other Stone Harbor businesses will be represented at 299-97th Street with information on available summer positions, 11AM-3PM, Saturday, April 9
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society presents the ‘Mary Lou Newnam Jazz Band,’ proceeds benefit the Food Bank of Southern Jersey, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, 2-4PM, Sunday, April 10
Just reduced, this stunning professionally decorated, 3 bedroom/3 bath, 2-story condo is move-in ready for your summer enjoyment. If being in the center of town and walking to everything is for you, so is this condo! Take a look at the photos.
Enjoy one of Avalon’s most unique homes and the recently added pool on this oversize 80 x 110 corner lot. If you prefer to build your dream house, this lot will accommodate a 6,000 sq. ft. home.
Walk one block to the beach and town from this beautiful condo that was totally renovated in 2014. The 4 units share a large pool. This property is a great choice to enter the Avalon market at an affordable price.
Beautifully decorated high-end 5 bedroom home with detached garage at the right price. Take a look at the photos; newer properties at this price point seldom appear on the market.
261 45th St., Avalon, $1,569,000, ACTIVE MLS# 168273 – Under Contract
This south-end 4-bedroom Bayfront townhouse with a boat slip and a garage, has unobstructed sunset views. Interior was completely renovated down to the studs in 2011, and the exterior was refurbished in January, 2016.
Beautiful brand new Tom Welsh home with a pool in Stone Harbor. Lovely wall colors and stunning kitchen. Walk to the beach or the center of town.
Enjoy incredible views of the bay, wetlands, Cedar Island, and daily sunsets from your 3-bedroom Camalon condo. The only condo available in the Camalon, this unit has a new kitchen and its own boat slip.
Build your beach front dream house in Stone Harbor. Just reduced by $250K, to well below assessed lot value. This lot is 75′ wide across the beach front, providing spectacular ocean views.
2 100th St., Stone Harbor, $3,099,000. ACTIVE MLS# 159871 – Under Contract
Enjoy life in this beautiful, fully furnished, 6 bedroom/5.5 bath home in Avalon’s desirable South-end. Walk just 1.5 blocks to the widest section of Avalon’s beaches. If you would rather be pool-side, you will love this unique and amazing cabana.
249 76th St., Avalon, $2,195,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS# 165654 – Under Contract
Just reduced by $200K, this spectacular 6 bedroom home with a pool and wraparound porch sits on an oversize 70 x 110 lot. Beautiful decor, this property must be seen.
Just reduced by $400K, this home sits on an oversize beach block corner lot, it’s the 4th house from the beach. Utility poles and wires are being removed from this block to enhance your ocean view. This is an opportunity at $ 2.295m.
Just listed, this is the only available unit in The Avalon condos at 700 First Ave. This popular building has a large pool and inlet views from the condo.
115 119th St., Stone Harbor, $2,045,000, ACTIVE MLS# 160910 – Under Contract
9823 Third Ave., Stone Harbor, $165,000, SOLD MLS#: 155498
9501 Sunset Drive, Stone Harbor, $400,000, SOLD MLS#: 166848
18 Linden Lane, Stone Harbor, $667,000, SOLD MLS#: 165870
250 82nd St, Stone Harbor, $725,000, SOLD MLS#: 166449
229 81st Street, Stone Harbor, $795,000, SOLD MLS#: 165732
9 E 28th Street, Avalon, $1,325,000, SOLD MLS#: 160311