THE HARBOR THEATER on 96th Street has been sold and is already undergoing renovations. All seating, screens, and projection equipment have been removed, with work to be finished for the summer season. Rumor has it the new theater will serve wine, beer, and pub food, too!
Need to find yourself? The beach is a great place to look–even in February!
STONE HARBOR WILL PICK UP storm related debris–place items curbside by Sunday, February 7th.
UP BEFORE DAWN? If so you may see five planets and two “bright stars” aligned in the night sky. According to astronomers it’s the best chance in 11 years to see Jupiter, Mars, Saturn, Venus, Mercury, as well as the stars Spica and Antares, all aligned in the sky. The next several nights are moonless, making for ideal viewing conditions if skies are clear. However, an unobstructed southeasterly view is required—making the Seven Mile Beach an excellent vantage point.
SHE’S GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL! Alison Mastrangelo, formerly of Seven Mile Island, arrived in San Francisco Sunday to cover Super Bowl 50 for Fox 21 in Colorado Springs, where she’s worked as a reporter for a year and a half. Alison graduated from Middle Township High School and Rowan University, and used to work at the Windrift Hotel!
- Wetlands Institute Lunch ‘n Learn, topic is ‘The Cape May Raptor Banding Project,’ bring your lunch; coffee & dessert will be provided,11:45AM-1PM, Friday, February 5
- IPad Workshop titled ‘Photography on the iPad,’ Avalon Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, February 6
- 13th Annual Super Bowl Bash benefiting Friends in Need, beverages, great food, big screen TVs to watch the game, silent auction, raffles & fun, The Princeton, Sunday, February 7
- Wetlands Institute Lunch ‘n Learn, topic is ‘Tracking New Jersey’s American Oystercatchers Through Time & Space,’ bring your lunch; coffee & dessert will be provided, 11:45AM-1PM, Friday, February 12
- Avalon Home & Land Owners Meeting with Chuck McDonnell, the Director of the Avalon Recreation Department speaking, Avalon Senior Center, 10AM, Saturday, February 13
- Sea Isle City’s Polar Plunge, 40th Street Beach, 2PM, Saturday, February 13
- Big Band Dance featuring Marilyn & the Monroes, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, February 13
- Valentine’s Day Tour at the Cape May County Zoo, adult tour meandering through the zoo talking about the courtship of the animals, call 609-465-5271 for info, 1-2PM, Sunday, February 14
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society Presents the Al Harrison Dixieland Band, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street in Cape May, proceeds benefit the Food Bank of Southern Jersey, 2-4PM, Sunday, February 14
- Wetlands Institute Lunch ‘n Learn, topic is ‘Piloting the Beneficial Re-use of Dredged Material for Salt Marsh Restoration in Cape May County,’ bring your lunch; coffee & dessert will be provided, 11:45AM-1PM, Friday, February 19
- Covered Dish Dinner at The Wetlands Institute, topic is ‘Engaging Communities to Save Diamondback Terrapins: Lessons from the Georgia Coast,’ 6-7:30PM, Friday, February 26
- Avalon’s Shop-A-Holics Event, designers, deals & drinks, The Princeton & The Whitebrier, from 5PM on Thursday, March 3 to 2PM onSunday, March 6
- Stone Harbor Shiver, registration at Fred’s Tavern at 9:30AM, plunge at the 96th Street Beach following the parade which begins at11:45AM, visit www.StoneHarborBeach.com
for info, Saturday, March 12
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade & Celebration in Sea Isle City, begins at 83rd & East Landis to 63rd & Landis, call 609-263-6341 for info,3:30PM, Saturday, March 12
Beautiful brand new Tom Welsh home with a pool in Stone Harbor. Lovely wall colors and stunning kitchen. Walk to the beach or the center of town.
249 88th St., Stone Harbor, $1,895,000, ACTIVE MLS# 163969
Enjoy incredible views of the bay, wetlands, Cedar Island, and daily sunsets from your 3-bedroom Camalon condo. The only condo available in the Camalon, this unit has a new kitchen and its own boat slip.
1688 Ocean Dr., Unit A-3, Avalon, $699,000, ACTIVE MLS# 167341
Build your beach front dream house in Stone Harbor. Just reduced by $250K, to well below assessed lot value. This lot is 75′ wide across the beach front, providing spectacular ocean views.
2 100th St., Stone Harbor, $3,099,000. ACTIVE MLS# 159871 – Under Contract
Enjoy life in this beautiful, fully furnished, 6 bedroom/5.5 bath home in Avalon’s desirable South-end. Walk just 1.5 blocks to the widest section of Avalon’s beaches. If you would rather be pool-side, you will love this unique and amazing cabana.
249 76th St., Avalon, $2,195,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS# 165654 – Under Contract
Just reduced by $200K, this spectacular 6 bedroom home with a pool and wraparound porch sits on an oversize 70 x 110 lot. Beautiful decor, this property must be seen.
385 93rd St., Stone Harbor, $2,295,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165563
Just reduced by $400K, this home sits on an oversize beach block corner lot, it’s the 4th house from the beach. Utility poles and wires are being removed from this block to enhance your ocean view. This is an opportunity at $ 2.295m.
115 120th St., Stone Harbor, $2,295,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165421
Just listed, this is the only available unit in The Avalon condos at 700 First Ave. This popular building has a large pool and inlet views from the condo.
115 119th St., Stone Harbor, $2,045,000, ACTIVE MLS# 160910 – Further Reduced!
669 Avalon Boulevard, Avalon Manor, $165,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 168139
351 96th St #103, Stone Harbor, $299,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 168155
351 96th Street #413, Stone Harbor, $597,500, ACTIVE MLS#: 168116
478 24th Street, Avalon, $890,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 168228
360 89th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,250,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 168190
330 87th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,499,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 168142
131 38th St, Avalon, $1,675,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 168161
11020 Sunset Drive, Stone Harbor, $1,775,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 168206
35 E 17th Street, Avalon, $1,895,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 168141
304 77th Street, Avalon, $2,150,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 168225
114 110th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,995,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 168140
2001 Dune Dr., Avalon, $325,000, SOLD MLS#: 154280
2531 Dune Drive, Avalon, $830,000, SOLD MLS#: 166020
9712 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $1,252,500, SOLD MLS#: 168133
168 26th Street, Avalon, $1,655,000, SOLD MLS#: 167288
789 Sunrise Drive, Avalon, $1,695,000, SOLD MLS#: 166490
783 Sunrise Drive, Avalon, $1,695,000, SOLD MLS#: 165228
785 Sunrise Drive, Avalon, $1,695,000, SOLD MLS#: 165229
221 43rd Street, Avalon, $1,972,500, SOLD MLS#: 166239
33 W 12th Street, Avalon, $2,088,000, SOLD MLS#: 168176
120 114 Street, Stone Harbor, $2,095,000, SOLD MLS#: 164327
3 W 24th Street, Avalon, $2,200,000, SOLD MLS#: 165806
228 61st Street, Avalon, $2,700,000, SOLD MLS#: 165591
8501 Pennsylvania Avenue, Stone Harbor, $3,000,000, SOLD MLS#: 166869
9913 Sunset Drive, Stone Harbor, $4,500,000, SOLD MLS#: 161375