FRALINGER STRING BAND will lead the pre-plunge parade along 96th Street toward the Stone Harbor Shiver on Saturday, March 12th. Shiver participants will march toward the beach on their way to a “refreshing” dip in the ocean. With any luck there won’t be zero degree wind chills like those in Sea Isle City on the day of their Polar Bear Plunge.
This egret was hiding behind foliage while searching for food along Avalon Boulevard late last summer.
ALMOST TIME FOR BOATING! With the start of the boating season just a couple of months away, new boaters should be scheduling a boating safety class in order to obtain a boating license required to legally operate a boat in New Jersey waters. The US Coast Guard Auxiliary is offering two boating safety classes in Cape May on Saturdays March 23rd and April 30th, from 8:30am to 4:30pm, at the US Coast Guard Training Center. The $56 course fee includes lunch. To register for the class, contact Theresa Appenzeller at (609) 898-0442 or tappenzeller@
SOUTH JERSEY GAS will be inspecting and replacing natural gas regulator valves that may have been affected by flood waters to ensure compliance with requirements of the Board of Public Utilities. Precision Pipeline Solutions, an authorized South Jersey Gas Contractor, will perform the inspection/replacement free of charge, in about 60 minutes. To schedule an appointment, please call 1 (844) 277-3111.
NEED PAINTING, REPAIRS, OR OTHER WORK DONE? Plan ahead and get your property ready for the summer season—now is the time to schedule it with your preferred contractor, before the pre-Memorial Day crush hits! If you need a recommendation for a contractor or service provider, please call or email me!
- Diamondback Terrapins: Lessons from the Georgia Coast,’ please bring a dish to share with at least 8 people, 6-7:30PM, Friday, February 26
- Avalon’s Shop-A-Holics Event, designers, deals & drinks, The Princeton & The Whitebrier, from 5PM on Thursday, March 3 to 2PM on Sunday, March 6
- Wetlands Institute Lunch ‘n Learn, topic is ‘Shorebirds in Wood & Tin,’ bring your lunch; coffee & dessert will be provided, 11:45AM-1PM, Friday March 4
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society presents the ‘Atlantic City Jazz Band,’ proceeds benefit the Food Bank of Southern Jersey, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, call 609-884-7961 for info, 2-4PM, Sunday, March 6
- Wetlands Institute Lunch ‘n Learn, topic is ‘Horseshoe Crab Rescue at Fortescue Beach,’ bring your lunch; coffee & dessert will be provided, 11:45AM-1PM, Friday, March 11
- Stone Harbor Shiver, registration at Fred’s Tavern at 9:30AM, plunge at the 96th Street Beach following the parade which begins at 11:45AM, visit www.StoneHarborBeach.com
for info,Saturday, March 12
- Avalon Home and Land Owners’ Association meeting, Council Members Chuck Covington & Dr. Nancy Hudanich discuss Avalon’s ’16 budget, Avalon Senior Center, 10AM, Saturday, March 12
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade & Celebration in Sea Isle City, begins at 83rd & East Landis to 63rd & Landis, call 609-263-6341 for info, 3:30PM, Saturday, March 12
- Stone Harbor’s Bulk Pick-up, items to curb up to 72 hours prior to pick-up beginning after 7AM on Monday, March 14
- Covered Dish Dinner at The Wetlands Institute, topic is ‘The Father of Gentle Architecture: The Legacy of Malcolm Wells,’ please bring a dish to share with at least 8 people, 6-7:30PM, Friday, March 18
- Cape May County Zoo ‘Eggstravaganzoo,’ free family fun, Easter egg hunt, crafts, education stations, live animals, photo with the Easter Bunny (bring your camera!), more, 10AM-2PM, Saturday, March 19
- Ocean Drive Marathon 5K Run & 1.5 Mile Fun Run, 26.2 mile point to point course through the scenic islands of Cape May County, begins in Cape May & finishes in Sea Isle City, visit ODMarathon.org for info, 9AM start, Sunday, March 20
- Wetlands Institute Lunch ‘n Learn, topic is ‘Habitat Restoration at Stone Harbor Point,’ bring your lunch; coffee & dessert will be provided, 11:45AM-1PM, Friday, March 25
- Wetlands Institute Turtle Fest, pancake breakfast, games, prizes, crafts, more, 9AM-3PM, Saturday, March 26
- Stone Harbor Easter Egg Hunt, Stone Harbor Firehouse, 1PM, Saturday, March 26
- Stone Harbor Job Fair, Coffee Talk & other Stone Harbor businesses will be represented at 299-97th Street with information on available summer positions, 11AM-3PM, Saturday, April 9
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society presents the ‘Mary Lou Newnam Jazz Band,’ proceeds benefit the Food Bank of Southern Jersey, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, 2-4PM, Sunday, April 10
Enjoy one of Avalon’s most unique homes and the recently added pool on this oversize 80 x 110 corner lot. If you prefer to build your dream house, this lot will accommodate a 6,000 sq. ft. home.
4656 Dune Drive, Avalon, $1,395,000, ACTIVE MLS# 168490
Walk one block to the beach and town from this beautiful condo that was totally renovated in 2014. The 4 units share a large pool. This property is a great choice to enter the Avalon market at an affordable price.
109 30th St., Avalon, $459,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165838
Beautifully decorated high-end 5 bedroom home with detached garage at the right price. Take a look at the photos; newer properties at this price point seldom appear on the market.
261 45th St., Avalon, $1,569,000, ACTIVE MLS# 168273 – Under Contract
This south-end 4-bedroom Bayfront townhouse with a boat slip and a garage, has unobstructed sunset views. Interior was completely renovated down to the studs in 2011, and the exterior was refurbished in January, 2016.
6660 Ocean Dr., South Unit, Avalon, $1,695,000, ACTIVE MLS# 168272
Beautiful brand new Tom Welsh home with a pool in Stone Harbor. Lovely wall colors and stunning kitchen. Walk to the beach or the center of town.
249 88th St., Stone Harbor, $1,795,000, ACTIVE MLS# 163969 – Reduced
Enjoy incredible views of the bay, wetlands, Cedar Island, and daily sunsets from your 3-bedroom Camalon condo. The only condo available in the Camalon, this unit has a new kitchen and its own boat slip.
1688 Ocean Dr., Unit A-3, Avalon, $699,000, ACTIVE MLS# 167341
Build your beach front dream house in Stone Harbor. Just reduced by $250K, to well below assessed lot value. This lot is 75′ wide across the beach front, providing spectacular ocean views.
2 100th St., Stone Harbor, $3,099,000. ACTIVE MLS# 159871 – Under Contract
Enjoy life in this beautiful, fully furnished, 6 bedroom/5.5 bath home in Avalon’s desirable South-end. Walk just 1.5 blocks to the widest section of Avalon’s beaches. If you would rather be pool-side, you will love this unique and amazing cabana.
249 76th St., Avalon, $2,195,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS# 165654 – Under Contract
Just reduced by $200K, this spectacular 6 bedroom home with a pool and wraparound porch sits on an oversize 70 x 110 lot. Beautiful decor, this property must be seen.
385 93rd St., Stone Harbor, $2,295,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165563
Just reduced by $400K, this home sits on an oversize beach block corner lot, it’s the 4th house from the beach. Utility poles and wires are being removed from this block to enhance your ocean view. This is an opportunity at $ 2.295m.
115 120th St., Stone Harbor, $2,295,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165421
Just listed, this is the only available unit in The Avalon condos at 700 First Ave. This popular building has a large pool and inlet views from the condo.
115 119th St., Stone Harbor, $2,045,000, ACTIVE MLS# 160910 – Under Contract
421 24th Street, Avalon, $589,500, ACTIVE MLS#: 168632
2248 Avalon Avenue, Avalon, $679,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 168553
8128 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $719,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 168532
1127 Stone Harbor Blvd A31, Stone Harbor Manor, $729,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 168599
2527 Dune Drive, Avalon, $879,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 168539
43 W 12th, Avalon, $1,400,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 168586
7668 Sunset Drive, Avalon, $6,900,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 168596
323 80th Street, Stone Harbor, $575,000, SOLD MLS#:
197 76th Street, Avalon, $2,300,000, SOLD MLS#: 156619