EVEN POLAR BEARS would be proud of those who participated in Sea Isle City’s annual Polar Bear Plunge last weekend! With the ocean water temperature at 37 degrees, and air temperatures in the 20s with 20mph winds, the wind chill was near zero! In spite of frigid temperatures an enthusiastic crowd lined the beach and plunged into the surf last weekend. Did you miss the chance to take the plunge? You’ll have another opportunity at the Stone Harbor Shiver on March 12th—see the event list below for details!
THE TOWNSEND’S INLET BRIDGE reopened to automobile traffic this past weekend. It’s a welcome relief for those making the trip to Sea Isle City as it saves a circuitous, 20-minute drive via the mainland.
THE FISHIN’ PIER GRILLE, a long-time Avalon favorite, will also be appearing in Stone Harbor this spring as the Fishin’ Pier Grille South. The restaurant will be located at 97th Street & Third Avenue.
“OPENING SOON” signs are appearing in the windows of local stores and restaurants as they prepare to reopen. Last weekend’s frigid winds and snow gave way to rain and warmer temperatures…Spring can’t be far away!
- Wetlands Institute Lunch ‘n Learn, topic is ‘Piloting the Beneficial Re-use of Dredged Material for Salt Marsh Restoration in Cape May County,’ bring your lunch; coffee & dessert will be provided, 11:45AM-1PM, Friday, February 19
- Creative Writing Seminar, tips & feedback on poetry, memoirs, short stories, articles & books, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Free Public Library,10AM, Saturday, February 20
- Covered Dish Dinner at The Wetlands Institute, topic is ‘Engaging Communities to Save Diamondback Terrapins: Lessons from the Georgia Coast,’ please bring a dish to share with at least 8 people, 6-7:30PM, Friday, February 26
- Avalon’s Shop-A-Holics Event, designers, deals & drinks, The Princeton & The Whitebrier, from 5PM on Thursday, March 3 to 2PMon Sunday, March 6
- Wetlands Institute Lunch ‘n Learn, topic is ‘Shorebirds in Wood & Tin,’ bring your lunch; coffee & dessert will be provided,11:45AM-1PM, Friday March 4
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society presents the ‘Atlantic City Jazz Band,’ proceeds benefit the Food Bank of Southern Jersey, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, call 609-884-7961 for info, 2-4PM, Sunday, March 6
- Wetlands Institute Lunch ‘n Learn, topic is ‘Horseshoe Crab Rescue at Fortescue Beach,’ bring your lunch; coffee & dessert will be provided, 11:45AM-1PM, Friday, March 11
- Stone Harbor Shiver, registration at Fred’s Tavern at 9:30AM, plunge at the 96th Street Beach following the parade which begins at11:45AM, visit www.StoneHarborBeach.com
for info, Saturday, March 12
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade & Celebration in Sea Isle City, begins at 83rd & East Landis to 63rd & Landis, call 609-263-6341 for info,3:30PM, Saturday, March 12
- Stone Harbor’s Bulk Pick-up, items to curb up to 72 hours prior to pick-up beginning after 7AM on Monday, March 14
- Covered Dish Dinner at The Wetlands Institute, topic is ‘The Father of Gentle Architecture: The Legacy of Malcolm Wells,’ please bring a dish to share with at least 8 people, 6-7:30PM, Friday, March 18
- Ocean Drive Marathon 5K Run & 1.5 Mile Fun Run, 26.2 mile point to point course through the scenic islands of Cape May County, begins in Cape May & finishes in Sea Isle City, visit ODMarathon.org for info, 9AM start, Sunday, March 20
- Wetlands Institute Lunch ‘n Learn, topic is ‘Habitat Restoration at Stone Harbor Point,’ bring your lunch; coffee & dessert will be provided, 11:45AM-1PM, Friday, March 25
- Stone Harbor Job Fair, Coffee Talk & other Stone Harbor businesses will be represented at 299-97th Street with information on available summer positions, 11AM-3PM, Saturday, April 9
Enjoy one of Avalon’s most unique homes and the recently added pool on this oversize 80 x 110 corner lot. If you prefer to build your dream house, this lot will accommodate a 6,000 sq. ft. home.
Walk one block to the beach and town from this beautiful condo that was totally renovated in 2014. The 4 units share a large pool. This property is a great choice to enter the Avalon market at an affordable price.
Beautifully decorated high-end 5 bedroom home with detached garage at the right price. Take a look at the photos; newer properties at this price point seldom appear on the market.
261 45th St., Avalon, $1,569,000, ACTIVE MLS# 168273 – Under Contract
This south-end 4-bedroom Bayfront townhouse with a boat slip and a garage, has unobstructed sunset views. Interior was completely renovated down to the studs in 2011, and the exterior was refurbished in January, 2016.
Beautiful brand new Tom Welsh home with a pool in Stone Harbor. Lovely wall colors and stunning kitchen. Walk to the beach or the center of town.
Enjoy incredible views of the bay, wetlands, Cedar Island, and daily sunsets from your 3-bedroom Camalon condo. The only condo available in the Camalon, this unit has a new kitchen and its own boat slip.
Build your beach front dream house in Stone Harbor. Just reduced by $250K, to well below assessed lot value. This lot is 75′ wide across the beach front, providing spectacular ocean views.
2 100th St., Stone Harbor, $3,099,000. ACTIVE MLS# 159871 – Under Contract
Enjoy life in this beautiful, fully furnished, 6 bedroom/5.5 bath home in Avalon’s desirable South-end. Walk just 1.5 blocks to the widest section of Avalon’s beaches. If you would rather be pool-side, you will love this unique and amazing cabana.
249 76th St., Avalon, $2,195,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS# 165654 – Under Contract
Just reduced by $200K, this spectacular 6 bedroom home with a pool and wraparound porch sits on an oversize 70 x 110 lot. Beautiful decor, this property must be seen.
Just reduced by $400K, this home sits on an oversize beach block corner lot, it’s the 4th house from the beach. Utility poles and wires are being removed from this block to enhance your ocean view. This is an opportunity at $ 2.295m.
Just listed, this is the only available unit in The Avalon condos at 700 First Ave. This popular building has a large pool and inlet views from the condo.
115 119th St., Stone Harbor, $2,045,000, ACTIVE MLS# 160910 – Under Contract
311 42nd Street Street, Avalon, $775,000, SOLD MLS#: 164468
408 22nd Street, Avalon, $1,750,000, SOLD MLS#: 165572