THE TOWNSEND’S INLET BRIDGE is scheduled to reopen to vehicular traffic on Friday, February 12th. The rebuilding of the roadway leading to the Avalon side of the bridge is mostly complete. Once the bridge reopens it’s expected to remain open, unless temporary lane closures are needed to complete maintenance work.
A brisk wind blows spray off the top of a wave as it makes its way toward the beach.
SUMMER JOB FAIR: Coffee Talk in Stone Harbor will host a Summer Job Fair on Saturday, April 9th from 11am to 3pm, at 299 97th Street. A variety of Stone Harbor businesses will be represented. If you’re looking for a summer job of a different sort, perhaps you’d like to work at the Cape May County Zoo? They’re looking for seasonal help to assist with summer camps and instruction. Click here for details:
NINE NEW PAIRS of bald eagles have been identified in southern New Jersey, with a total of 161 nesting pairs identified throughout the state. Preferring to live in wooded areas near open water, South Jersey is home to a significant portion of the state’s bald eagle population, with more than 40% of bald eagle pairs living near the Delaware Bay shoreline, including Cape May, Cumberland, and Salem Counties. Whether you’re bird watching, whale watching, or fishing, Avalon & Stone Harbor are central to the many wildlife-related activities on the Jersey Cape!
- Wetlands Institute Lunch ‘n Learn, topic is ‘Tracking New Jersey’s American Oystercatchers Through Time & Space,’ bring your lunch; coffee & dessert will be provided, 11:45AM-1PM, Friday, February 12
- Avalon Home & Land Owners Meeting with Chuck McDonnell, the Director of the Avalon Recreation Department speaking, Avalon Senior Center, 10AM,Saturday, February 13
- Sea Isle City’s Polar Plunge, 40th Street Beach, 2PM, Saturday, February 13
- Big Band Dance featuring Marilyn & the Monroes, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, February 13
- Valentine’s Day Tour at the Cape May County Zoo, adult tour meandering through the zoo talking about the courtship of the animals, call 609-465-5271 for info, 1-2PM, Sunday, February 14
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society Presents the Al Harrison Dixieland Band, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street in Cape May, proceeds benefit the Food Bank of Southern Jersey, 2-4PM, Sunday, February 14
- Wetlands Institute Lunch ‘n Learn, topic is ‘Piloting the Beneficial Re-use of Dredged Material for Salt Marsh Restoration in Cape May County,’ bring your lunch; coffee & dessert will be provided, 11:45AM-1PM, Friday, February 19
- Covered Dish Dinner at The Wetlands Institute, topic is ‘Engaging Communities to Save Diamondback Terrapins: Lessons from the Georgia Coast,’ 6-7:30PM, Friday, February 26
- Avalon’s Shop-A-Holics Event, designers, deals & drinks, The Princeton & The Whitebrier, from 5PM on Thursday, March 3 to 2PM on Sunday, March 6
- Stone Harbor Shiver, registration at Fred’s Tavern at 9:30AM, plunge at the 96th Street Beach following the parade which begins at 11:45AM, visit www.StoneHarborBeach.com
for info, Saturday, March 12
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade & Celebration in Sea Isle City, begins at 83rd & East Landis to 63rd & Landis, call 609-263-6341 for info, 3:30PM, Saturday, March 12
- Stone Harbor’s Bulk Pick-up, items to curb up to 72 hours prior to pick-up beginning after 7AM on Monday, March 14
Beautifully decorated high-end 5 bedroom home with detached garage at the right price. Take a look at the photos; newer properties at this price point seldom appear on the market.
261 45th St., Avalon, $1,569,000, ACTIVE MLS# 168273
This south-end 4-bedroom Bayfront townhouse with a boat slip and a garage, has unobstructed sunset views. Interior was completely renovated down to the studs in 2011, and the exterior was refurbished in January, 2016.
6660 Ocean Dr., South Unit, Avalon, $1,695,000, ACTIVE MLS# 168272
Beautiful brand new Tom Welsh home with a pool in Stone Harbor. Lovely wall colors and stunning kitchen. Walk to the beach or the center of town.
249 88th St., Stone Harbor, $1,795,000, ACTIVE MLS# 163969 – Reduced
Enjoy incredible views of the bay, wetlands, Cedar Island, and daily sunsets from your 3-bedroom Camalon condo. The only condo available in the Camalon, this unit has a new kitchen and its own boat slip.
1688 Ocean Dr., Unit A-3, Avalon, $699,000, ACTIVE MLS# 167341
Build your beach front dream house in Stone Harbor. Just reduced by $250K, to well below assessed lot value. This lot is 75′ wide across the beach front, providing spectacular ocean views.
2 100th St., Stone Harbor, $3,099,000. ACTIVE MLS# 159871 – Under Contract
Enjoy life in this beautiful, fully furnished, 6 bedroom/5.5 bath home in Avalon’s desirable South-end. Walk just 1.5 blocks to the widest section of Avalon’s beaches. If you would rather be pool-side, you will love this unique and amazing cabana.
249 76th St., Avalon, $2,195,000, UNDER CONTRACT MLS# 165654 – Under Contract
Just reduced by $200K, this spectacular 6 bedroom home with a pool and wraparound porch sits on an oversize 70 x 110 lot. Beautiful decor, this property must be seen.
385 93rd St., Stone Harbor, $2,295,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165563
Just reduced by $400K, this home sits on an oversize beach block corner lot, it’s the 4th house from the beach. Utility poles and wires are being removed from this block to enhance your ocean view. This is an opportunity at $ 2.295m.
115 120th St., Stone Harbor, $2,295,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165421
Just listed, this is the only available unit in The Avalon condos at 700 First Ave. This popular building has a large pool and inlet views from the condo.
115 119th St., Stone Harbor, $2,045,000, ACTIVE MLS# 160910 – Further Reduced!
460 Avalon Blvd, Avalon, $299,900, ACTIVE MLS#: 168262
144 Meadowview Lane, Avalon Manor, $699,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 168247
118 19th Street, Avalon, $1,149,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 168286
261 45th Street, Avalon, $1,569,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 168273
1019 First Avenue, Avalon, $1,649,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 168295
9123 First Avenue, Stone Harbor, $1,899,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 168277
26 W 21st Street, Avalon, $2,350,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 168251
80 N Inlet Drive, Avalon, $2,399,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 168317
104 115th Street, Stone Harbor, $3,395,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 168297
301 80th Street, Avalon, $580,000, SOLD MLS#: 167197