HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and your family! Best wishes for a healthy, happy, and prosperous 2016!
UP FOR A PLUNGE? Does the blast of cold air that rolled across the Island in recent days put you in the mood to take a dip in the ocean? If so, you’ll have a few “plunge” options to choose from, including Wildwood’s Polar Bear Plunge on Saturday, January 16th; Sea Isle’s Polar Plunge on Saturday, February 13th; and Stone Harbor’s Shiver onSaturday, March 12th. In case you’re wondering, the ocean water temperature has dropped to a chilly 44 degrees!
WORK ON THE TOWNSEND’S INLET BRIDGE continues, as 180 cubic yards of concrete was poured earlier this week. More will be poured later in the week if weather and cold temperatures allow. So far the bridge work is on schedule; if it remains on track at least one lane of traffic should be flowing on the bridge by February 11th or 12th.
MORTGAGE RATES have inched up slightly since the Federal Reserve rate hike. The average 30-year fixed rate is now 4.01%, while the average 15-year fixed rate is 3.24%. Rates are still very low by historical standards, but are widely expected to rise further. Sean Becketti, chief economist for Freddie Mac, expects the 30-year rate to be 4.7% by the fourth quarter of 2016. If you’re considering a purchase, completing it now and locking in low financing costs could save you thousands of dollars over the life of your loan! Need a reliable mortgage lender? Call or email me!
- Wetlands Institute Lunch ‘n Learn, exploration of topics important to our coastal & wetland ecosystems, bring your lunch, coffee will be provided, 11:45AM-1PM, Friday, January 8
- Avalon Home & Land Owners’ Association meeting with Neil Hensel, the Chair of the Avalon Planning & Zoning Board speaking on the new Avalon Master Plan Project, Avalon Senior Center, 10AM, Saturday, January 9
- Big Band Dance featuring the Fred Hall Orchestra, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, January 9
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society Presents ‘Midiri Brothers Traditional Jazz,’ proceeds donated to the Food Bank of Southern Jersey, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, call 609-884-7961 for info, 2-4PM, Sunday, January 10
- Wetlands Institute Lunch ‘n Learn, exploration of topics important to our coastal & wetland ecosystems, bring your lunch, coffee will be provided, 11:45AM-1PM, Friday, January 15
- Creative Writing Seminar, tips & feedback on poetry, memoirs, short stories, articles & books, Avalon Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, January 16
- Wildwood’s Polar Bear Plunge, benefits Special Olympics of NJ, registration at 10AM at Wildwood Convention Center, plunge at 1PM on the beach, Saturday, January 16
- Cape May County Zoo Comedy Fundraiser, apps & finger foods, raffles, music, dancing & stand-up comedy hour featuring Tom McTiernan, Princeton Bar & Grill, visitcapemaycountyzoo.org for info & tickets, 6:30PM, Saturday, January 16
- Stone Harbor Mayor’s Wellness Campaign, free 8 week program offering lectures & activities to attain individual & group goals, see www.StoneHarborRecreation.
com for info, Monday, January 25-Monday, March 21
- IPad Workshop titled ‘Photography on the iPad,’ Avalon Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, February 6
- Sea Isle City’s Polar Plunge, 40th Street Beach, 2PM, Saturday, February 13
- Stone Harbor Shiver, registration at Fred’s Tavern at 9:30AM, plunge at the 96th Street Beach following the parade which begins at 11:45AM, visit www.StoneHaborBeach.com
for info, Saturday, March 12
Enjoy incredible views of the bay, wetlands, Cedar Island, and daily sunsets from your 3-bedroom Camalon condo. The only condo available in the Camalon, this unit has a new kitchen and its own boat slip.
Build your beach front dream house in Stone Harbor. Just reduced by $250K, to well below assessed lot value. This lot is 75′ wide across the beach front, providing spectacular ocean views.
2 100th St., Stone Harbor, $3,099,000. ACTIVE MLS# 159871 – Under Contract
Enjoy life in this beautiful, fully furnished, 6 bedroom/5.5 bath home in Avalon’s desirable South-end. Walk just 1.5 blocks to the widest section of Avalon’s beaches. If you would rather be pool-side, you will love this unique and amazing cabana.
Just reduced by $200K, this spectacular 6 bedroom home with a pool and wraparound porch sits on an oversize 70 x 110 lot. Beautiful decor, this property must be seen.
Just reduced by $400K, this home sits on an oversize beach block corner lot, it’s the 4th house from the beach. Utility poles and wires are being removed from this block to enhance your ocean view. This is an opportunity at $ 2.295m.
South-end Stone Harbor beach front just reduced by $600K, to under assessed value. Enjoy magnificent ocean views in front of the widest section of Stone Harbor’s beaches. This beautiful D.L. Miner built home sits on a 60′ x 110′ lot and has a pool.
Renovated 4 bedroom Bayfront just listed at below assessed value. Enjoy the view all the way down Pleasure Bay in Stone Harbor; the good life on the bay awaits you! This property is a winner.
423 104th St., Stone Harbor, $1,439,000, ACTIVE MLS# 166468 – Under Contract
Just listed, this is the only available unit in The Avalon condos at 700 First Ave. This popular building has a large pool and inlet views from the condo.
115 119th St., Stone Harbor, $2,045,000, ACTIVE MLS# 160910 – Further Reduced!
260 21st Street, Avalon, $280,000, SOLD MLS#: 162533
187 68th Street, Avalon, $4,400,000, SOLD MLS#: 167063