BOARDWALK TRIVIA: According to the Avalon History Center, Avalon’s first boardwalk was built in 1893 at a total cost of $454! Stone Harbor once had a boardwalk too; it was damaged by a storm in 1944 and never rebuilt.
A BIT OF SNOW fell across Cape May County on Sunday, leaving the area under a two-inch blanket of the white stuff. Frigid temperatures will remain for a while—overnight lows are expected to be in the 20s through the weekend.
KEEP AN EYE on this weekend’s weather—a winter storm is expected to reach the area and could bring snow or rain to South Jersey, along with coastal flooding. If you decide to visit the Island this weekend, bring a pair of boots and a snow shovel!
WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR 2016? Is it time to finally buy a shore home? Want to acquire an investment property? Or is it time to sell? Whatever your needs, let’s talk and make a plan to achieve your goals! Make 2016 your year—call or email me today!
- Wetlands Institute Lunch ‘n Learn, topic is ‘Habitat Restoration Following Hurricane Sandy at E.B. Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge,’ bring your lunch; coffee & dessert will be provided, 11:45AM-1PM, Friday, January 22
- Stone Harbor Mayor’s Wellness Campaign, free 8 week program offering lectures & activities to attain individual & group goals, see www.StoneHarborRecreation.
com for info, Monday, January 25-Monday, March 21
- Covered Dish Dinner at The Wetlands Institute, topic is ‘Listening Closely…Acoustic Monitoring for Bats in the Northeast Region,’ 6-7:30PM, Friday, January 29
- Wetlands Institute Lunch ‘n Learn, topic is ‘The Cape May Raptor Banding Project,’ bring your lunch; coffee & dessert will be provided, 11:45AM-1PM, Friday, February 5
- IPad Workshop titled ‘Photography on the iPad,’ Avalon Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, February 6
- 13th Annual Super Bowl Bash benefiting Friends in Need, beverages, great food, big screen TVs to watch the game, silent auction, raffles & fun, The Princeton, Sunday, February 7
- Wetlands Institute Lunch ‘n Learn, topic is ‘Tracking New Jersey’s American Oystercatchers Through Time & Space,’ bring your lunch; coffee & dessert will be provided, 11:45AM-1PM, Friday, February 12
- Avalon Home & Land Owners Meeting with Chuck McDonnell, the Director of the Avalon Recreation Department speaking, Avalon Senior Center,10AM, Saturday, February 13
- Sea Isle City’s Polar Plunge, 40th Street Beach, 2PM, Saturday, February 13
- Big Band Dance featuring Marilyn & the Monroes, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, February 13
- Valentine’s Day Tour at the Cape May County Zoo, adult tour meandering through the zoo talking about the courtship of the animals, call 609-465-5271 for info, 1-2PM, Sunday, February 14
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society Presents the Al Harrison Dixieland Band, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street in Cape May, proceeds benefit the Food Bank of Southern Jersey, 2-4PM, Sunday, February 14
- Wetlands Institute Lunch ‘n Learn, topic is ‘Piloting the Beneficial Re-use of Dredged Material for Salt Marsh Restoration in Cape May County,’ bring your lunch; coffee & dessert will be provided, 11:45AM-1PM, Friday, February 19
- Covered Dish Dinner at The Wetlands Institute, topic is ‘Engaging Communities to Save Diamondback Terrapins: Lessons from the Georgia Coast,’ 6-7:30PM, Friday, February 26
- Avalon’s Shop-A-Holics Event, designers, deals & drinks, The Princeton & The Whitebrier, from 5PM on Thursday, March 3 to 2PM on Sunday, March 6
- Stone Harbor Shiver, registration at Fred’s Tavern at 9:30AM, plunge at the 96th Street Beach following the parade which begins at 11:45AM, visit www.StoneHarborBeach.com
for info, Saturday, March 12
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade & Celebration in Sea Isle City, begins at 83rd & East Landis to 63rd & Landis, call 609-263-6341 for info, 3:30PM, Saturday, March 12
Beautiful brand new Tom Welsh home with a pool in Stone Harbor. Lovely wall colors and stunning kitchen. Walk to the beach or the center of town.
Enjoy incredible views of the bay, wetlands, Cedar Island, and daily sunsets from your 3-bedroom Camalon condo. The only condo available in the Camalon, this unit has a new kitchen and its own boat slip.
Build your beach front dream house in Stone Harbor. Just reduced by $250K, to well below assessed lot value. This lot is 75′ wide across the beach front, providing spectacular ocean views.
2 100th St., Stone Harbor, $3,099,000. ACTIVE MLS# 159871 – Under Contract
Enjoy life in this beautiful, fully furnished, 6 bedroom/5.5 bath home in Avalon’s desirable South-end. Walk just 1.5 blocks to the widest section of Avalon’s beaches. If you would rather be pool-side, you will love this unique and amazing cabana.
Just reduced by $200K, this spectacular 6 bedroom home with a pool and wraparound porch sits on an oversize 70 x 110 lot. Beautiful decor, this property must be seen.
Just reduced by $400K, this home sits on an oversize beach block corner lot, it’s the 4th house from the beach. Utility poles and wires are being removed from this block to enhance your ocean view. This is an opportunity at $ 2.295m.
South-end Stone Harbor beach front just reduced by $600K, to under assessed value. Enjoy magnificent ocean views in front of the widest section of Stone Harbor’s beaches. This beautiful D.L. Miner built home sits on a 60′ x 110′ lot and has a pool.
Just listed, this is the only available unit in The Avalon condos at 700 First Ave. This popular building has a large pool and inlet views from the condo.
115 119th St., Stone Harbor, $2,045,000, ACTIVE MLS# 160910 – Further Reduced!
700 First Avenue, Avalon, $489,000, SOLD MLS#: 165537
262 26th Street Street, Avalon, $840,000, SOLD MLS#: 166742
128 30th Street, Avalon, $1,150,000, SOLD MLS#: 165812
423 104th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,530,000, SOLD MLS#: 166468
789 Sunrise Drive, Avalon, $1,695,000, SOLD MLS#: 166490
62 W 26th Street, Avalon, $1,875,000, SOLD MLS#: 166180
319 110th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,075,000, SOLD MLS#: 164190
120 115th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,150,000, SOLD MLS#: 158779
10501-10507 Golden Gate Road, Stone Harbor, $5,700,000, SOLD MLS#: 164985