THANK YOU so much for your business and referrals during the year. I wish you and your family a wonderful holiday season, and a healthy, happy, & successful 2016!
CHRISTMAS FULL MOON: If you’re looking for Santa in the skies on Christmas Eve you’ll be treated to another spectacular sight: a Christmas full moon—the first time it’s happened since 1977. The moon will rise on Christmas Eve just after dark, and reach its peak in the early morning hours on Christmas Day. Don’t miss it—the next Christmas full moon doesn’t occur until 2034!
An Island Christmas!
NEW YEAR’S EVE ON THE ISLAND: If you’d like to ring in the New Year right here on the Island, you’ll find a variety of choices, including The Golden Inn, The Reeds at Shelter Haven, Bobby Dee’s Rock ‘n Chair, and Fred’s Tavern. All will be open to help close out 2015 and say hello to 2016!
DOUG’S SEVEN MILE ISLAND NEWS will return the week of January 4, 2016. Happy New Year!!
- Boardwalk Basketball Classic, largest co-ed basketball tournament in the country, see www.bbclassic.net for schedules, times, ticket info, etc, Wildwood’s Convention Hall, Saturday, December 26-Wednesday, December 30
- New Year’s Eve Celebration & Fireworks, food, dancing, family activities, more, JFK Boulevard & the beach in Sea Isle City, 5:30-7:30PMfor activities & 8PM for fireworks, Thursday, December 31
- iPad Workshop exploring library apps including Overdrive & Hoopla, Avalon Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, January 2
- Wetlands Institute Lunch ‘n Learn, exploration of topics important to our coastal & wetland ecosystems, bring your lunch, coffee will be provided, 11:45AM-1PM, Friday, January 8
- Avalon Home & Land Owners’ Association meeting with Neil Hensel, the Chair of the Avalon Planning & Zoning Board speaking on the new Avalon Master Plan Project, Avalon Senior Center, 10AM, Saturday, January 9
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society Presents ‘Midiri Brothers Traditional Jazz,’ proceeds donated to the Food Bank of Southern Jersey, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, call 609-884-7961 for info, 2-4PM, Sunday, January 10
- Wetlands Institute Lunch ‘n Learn, exploration of topics important to our coastal & wetland ecosystems, bring your lunch, coffee will be provided, 11:45AM-1PM, Friday, January 15
- Creative Writing Seminar, tips & feedback on poetry, memoirs, short stories, articles & books, Avalon Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, January 16
- Wildwood’s Polar Bear Plunge, benefits Special Olympics of NJ, registration at 10AM at Wildwood Convention Center, plunge at 1PM on the beach, Saturday, January 16
- Stone Harbor Mayor’s Wellness Campaign, free 8 week program offering lectures & activities to attain individual & group goals, seewww.StoneHarborRecreation.
com for info, Monday, January 25-Monday, March 21
- IPad Workshop titled ‘Photography on the iPad,’ Avalon Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, February 6
- Sea Isle City’s Polar Plunge, 40th Street Beach, 2PM, Saturday, February 13
Enjoy incredible views of the bay, wetlands, Cedar Island, and daily sunsets from your 3-bedroom Camalon condo. The only condo available in the Camalon, this unit has a new kitchen and its own boat slip.
1688 Ocean Dr., Unit A-3, Avalon, $699,000, ACTIVE MLS# 167341
Build your beach front dream house in Stone Harbor. Just reduced by $250K, to well below assessed lot value. This lot is 75′ wide across the beach front, providing spectacular ocean views.
2 100th St., Stone Harbor, $3,099,000. ACTIVE MLS# 159871 – Under Contract
Enjoy life in this beautiful, fully furnished, 6 bedroom/5.5 bath home in Avalon’s desirable South-end. Walk just 1.5 blocks to the widest section of Avalon’s beaches. If you would rather be pool-side, you will love this unique and amazing cabana.
249 76th St., Avalon, $2,195,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165654
Just reduced by $200K, this spectacular 6 bedroom home with a pool and wraparound porch sits on an oversize 70 x 110 lot. Beautiful decor, this property must be seen.
385 93rd St., Stone Harbor, $2,295,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165563
Just reduced by $400K, this home sits on an oversize beach block corner lot, it’s the 4th house from the beach. Utility poles and wires are being removed from this block to enhance your ocean view. This is an opportunity at $ 2.295m.
115 120th St., Stone Harbor, $2,295,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165421
South-end Stone Harbor beach front just reduced by $600K, to under assessed value. Enjoy magnificent ocean views in front of the widest section of Stone Harbor’s beaches. This beautiful D.L. Miner built home sits on a 60′ x 110′ lot and has a pool.
103 119th St., Stone Harbor, $5,395,000, MLS# 162648
Renovated 4 bedroom Bayfront just listed at below assessed value. Enjoy the view all the way down Pleasure Bay in Stone Harbor; the good life on the bay awaits you! This property is a winner.
423 104th St., Stone Harbor, $1,439,000, ACTIVE MLS# 166468 – Under Contract
Just listed, this is the only available unit in The Avalon condos at 700 First Ave. This popular building has a large pool and inlet views from the condo.
115 119th St., Stone Harbor, $2,045,000, ACTIVE MLS# 160910 – Further Reduced!
633 Stone Harbor Boulevard, Stone Harbor Manor, $425,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 167606
150 96th Street, Stone Harbor, $639,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 167600
227 96th Street, Stone Harbor, $690,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 167615
70 Pelican Drive, Avalon, $2,600,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 167561
9807 Second Avenue, Unit #4, Stone Harbor, $370,000, SOLD MLS#: 161208
268 63rd Street, Avalon, $1,275,000, SOLD MLS#: 167589
1220 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,400,000, SOLD MLS#: 165201
133 34th Street, Avalon, $1,650,000, SOLD MLS#: 165661
4325 Fifth Ave, Avalon, $1,750,000, SOLD MLS#: 166514
314 76th Street, Avalon, $1,987,500, SOLD MLS#: 165333
10912 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, $2,500,000, SOLD MLS#: 165030