YOU’VE PROBABLY NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS BEFORE! Recently there have been numerous humpback whale sightings in local waters, as the whales feed while migrating through the area. Stand up paddle boarder Nik Pattantyus has recorded some incredible footage of whales that he encountered while off the beach last week. Take a few minutes and enjoy it!
LAST MINUTE GIFT IDEAS! Need a last minute gift? Here are some great ideas that will add a little bit of Seven Mile Beach to your holiday:
The Fudge Kitchen will ship fudge or the sweet treat of your choice: www.fudgekitchens.com
Uncle Bill’s will ship their famous pancake mix. (609) 967-8448;
The Cape May-Lewes Ferry offers gift certificates that can be used at the time of your recipient’s choosing. (800) 64-FERRY;
Adopt-A-Terrapin or Adopt-A-Horseshoe Crab! www.WetlandsInstitute.
or call your favorite local shop or restaurant for a gift certificate!
- Sea Isle City House Tour, begins at Community Lodge at 300 JFK Boulevard, SIC, call 609-463-2846 for info, 6-9PM, Friday, December 18
- Creative Writing Seminar, tips & feedback on poetry, memoirs, short stories, articles & books, Avalon Public Library, register at609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, December 19
- Winter Enrichment Day, zookeepers share special activities & treats throughout the day, Cape May County Zoo, 11AM-2PM, Saturday, December 19
- New Year’s Eve Celebration & Fireworks, food, dancing, family activities, more, JFK Boulevard & the beach in Sea Isle City, 5:30-7:30PM for activities & 8PM for fireworks, Thursday, December 31
- iPad Workshop exploring library apps including Overdrive & Hoopla, Avalon Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, January 2
- Wetlands Institute Lunch ‘n Learn, exploration of topics important to our coastal & wetland ecosystems, bring your lunch, coffee will be provided, 11:45AM-1PM, Friday, January 8
- Avalon Home & Land Owners’ Association meeting with Neil Hensel, the Chair of the Avalon Planning & Zoning Board speaking on the new Avalon Master Plan Project, Avalon Senior Center, 10AM, Saturday, January 9
- Cape May Traditional Jazz Society Presents ‘Midiri Brothers Traditional Jazz,’ proceeds donated to the Food Bank of Southern Jersey, VFW Post #386, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, call 609-884-7961 for info, 2-4PM, Sunday, January 10
- Wetlands Institute Lunch ‘n Learn, exploration of topics important to our coastal & wetland ecosystems, bring your lunch, coffee will be provided, 11:45AM-1PM, Friday, January 15
- Creative Writing Seminar, tips & feedback on poetry, memoirs, short stories, articles & books, Avalon Public Library, register at609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, January 16
- Wildwood’s Polar Bear Plunge, benefits Special Olympics of NJ, registration at 10AM at Wildwood Convention Center, plunge at1PM on the beach, Saturday, January 16
- IPad Workshop titled ‘Photography on the iPad,’ Avalon Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, February 6
- Sea Isle City’s Polar Plunge, 40th Street Beach, 2PM, Saturday, February 13
Enjoy incredible views of the bay, wetlands, Cedar Island, and daily sunsets from your 3-bedroom Camalon condo. The only condo available in the Camalon, this unit has a new kitchen and its own boat slip.
Build your beach front dream house in Stone Harbor. Just reduced by $250K, to well below assessed lot value. This lot is 75′ wide across the beach front, providing spectacular ocean views.
Enjoy life in this beautiful, fully furnished, 6 bedroom/5.5 bath home in Avalon’s desirable South-end. Walk just 1.5 blocks to the widest section of Avalon’s beaches. If you would rather be pool-side, you will love this unique and amazing cabana.
Just reduced by $200K, this spectacular 6 bedroom home with a pool and wraparound porch sits on an oversize 70 x 110 lot. Beautiful decor, this property must be seen.
Just reduced by $400K, this home sits on an oversize beach block corner lot, it’s the 4th house from the beach. Utility poles and wires are being removed from this block to enhance your ocean view. This is an opportunity at $ 2.295m.
South-end Stone Harbor beach front just reduced by $600K, to under assessed value. Enjoy magnificent ocean views in front of the widest section of Stone Harbor’s beaches. This beautiful D.L. Miner built home sits on a 60′ x 110′ lot and has a pool.
Renovated 4 bedroom Bayfront just listed at below assessed value. Enjoy the view all the way down Pleasure Bay in Stone Harbor; the good life on the bay awaits you! This property is a winner.
423 104th St., Stone Harbor, $1,439,000, ACTIVE MLS# 166468 – Under Contract
Just one block to the beach and walk to everything in town from this 5 bedroom home on a full-size lot. Hardwood floors, upgraded kitchen and room for a pool, this home is priced right. Want to rent? This property had over $80K income this season.
133 34th St., Avalon, $1,695,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165661 – Under Contract
Just listed, this is the only available unit in The Avalon condos at 700 First Ave. This popular building has a large pool and inlet views from the condo.
115 119th St., Stone Harbor, $2,045,000, ACTIVE MLS# 160910 – Further Reduced!
177 80th Street Unit 103, Avalon, $324,000, SOLD MLS#: 154896
2136 Sixth Avenue, Avalon, $860,000, SOLD MLS#: 165691
210 53rd Street, Avalon, $915,000, SOLD MLS#: 159315
178 26th Street, Avalon, $1,635,000, SOLD MLS#: 163021
129 105th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,675,000, SOLD MLS#: 160887
556 Berkley Rd., Stone Harbor, $1,795,000, SOLD MLS#: 166617
225 60th Street, Avalon, $2,250,000, SOLD MLS#: 137944
178 74th Street, Avalon, $2,625,000, SOLD MLS#: 165009