AVALON’S GOLDEN INN was sold this past week to Icona Resorts, a hotel-management company that will makeover the resort. According to www.GoldenInn.com, a total renovation of the hotel is planned, including 155 rooms, the restaurant, pool, and beach bar, with work expected to finish by July 2016. Read more about this story on Philly.com: http://www.philly.
A TAX CUT ON BOAT PURCHASES could soon become law if New Jersey Governor Chris Christie signs legislation recently sent to him by the State Assembly. The proposal would cut sales tax on boats by 50%, and cap the maximum sales tax paid at $20,000. The legislation is designed to bolster New Jersey’s boating industry, making it more competitive with that of other states with lower tax rates. Boat registrations in New Jersey dropped from over 209,000 in 2002 to just over 160,000 in 2012. The bill passed the NJ Assembly 64-0 after having passed the Senate by a vote of 35-1 in October; if signed by Christie this month it would become effective in January.
WATCH THE SKY over the next several nights to get a glimpse of the Geminid meteor shower that will occur in the northern hemisphere. Peak activity will occur aroundDecember 14th, with an estimated 120 meteors visible each hour. Dark skies are best for viewing, and Cape May County’s beaches ought to have some of the best views in the area.
STRIPER FISHING? THE BIG ONES ARE HERE! From Ocean City to Cape May, numerous reports of sizable striper catches are being reported, with a 36 lb. fish caught just off Stone Harbor. More recent whale sightings have occurred in the area, too, including one off Avalon last week. The ocean’s alive with activity! If you have a recent “fish story” to tell, share it with me!
GIVE THE GIFT OF A LIFETIME! Sixty properties are currently under contract in the local market. Imagine the gift those families are receiving this holiday season! How about giving your family the ultimate gift? Memories made at the shore last a lifetime! Call or email to me to get started. I’ll even supply a big red bow!
- The Polar Express movie on the big screen, Middle Township Performing Arts Center, children are invited to come in their favorite PJ’s, 6:30PM, Friday, December 11
- ‘Pinch the Grinch’ 5K Boardwalk Run & 1 Mile Walk, register at Wildwood Convention Center at 9AM for the 10AM start, Saturday, December 12
- Avalon Home & Land Owners’ Association, Diane Wieland, Cape May County Tourism Director will speak on ‘New Initiatives in County Tourism,’ Avalon Senior Center, 10AM, Saturday, December 12
- Genealogy Workshop, begin your family research, Avalon Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, December 12
- Santa’s Family Workshop, craft stations, animal education, photos with Santa & Mrs. Claus, more, Cape May County Zoo, 11AM-2PM, Saturday, December 12
- Genealogy Workshop, examining documents to improve your family research, Avalon Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 1-3PM, Saturday, December 12
- Jersey Shore Pops & Linda Gentille present White Christmas, Middle Township Performing Arts Center, call 609-463-1924 for tickets, 3PM, Saturday, December 12
- Big Band Dance featuring The Star Band, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, December 12
- Santa’s Workshop Brunch at The Reeds at Shelter Haven, child friendly event including holiday crafts & gift making, 609-368-0100 for reservations, 10AM-2PM, Sunday, December 13
- Sea Isle City House Tour, begins at Community Lodge at 300 JFK Boulevard, SIC, call 609-463-2846 for info, 6-9PM, Friday, December 18
- Creative Writing Seminar, tips & feedback on poetry, memoirs, short stories, articles & books, Avalon Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, December 19
- Winter Enrichment Day, zookeepers share special activities & treats throughout the day, Cape May County Zoo, 11AM-2PM, Saturday, December 19
- New Year’s Eve Celebration & Fireworks, food, dancing, family activities, more, JFK Boulevard & the beach in Sea Isle City, 5:30-7:30PM for activities & 8PM for fireworks, Thursday, December 31
- iPad Workshop exploring library apps including Overdrive & Hoopla, Avalon Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, January 2
- Wetlands Institute Lunch ‘n Learn, exploration of topics important to our coastal & wetland ecosystems, bring your lunch, coffee will be provided, 11:45AM-1PM, Friday, January 8
- Avalon Home & Land Owners’ Association meeting with Chuck McDonnell, Director of Avalon Recreation Department speaking, Avalon Senior Center, 10AM, Saturday, January 9
- Wetlands Institute Lunch ‘n Learn, exploration of topics important to our coastal & wetland ecosystems, bring your lunch, coffee will be provided, 11:45AM-1PM, Friday, January 15
- Creative Writing Seminar, tips & feedback on poetry, memoirs, short stories, articles & books, Avalon Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, January 16
- Wildwood Polar Bear Plunge, benefits Special Olympics of NJ, registration at 10AM at Wildwood Convention Center, plunge at 1PM on the beach, Saturday, January 16
Enjoy incredible views of the bay, wetlands, Cedar Island, and daily sunsets from your 3-bedroom Camalon condo. The only condo available in the Camalon, this unit has a new kitchen and its own boat slip.
Build your beach front dream house in Stone Harbor. Just reduced by $250K, to well below assessed lot value. This lot is 75′ wide across the beach front, providing spectacular ocean views.
Enjoy life in this beautiful, fully furnished, 6 bedroom/5.5 bath home in Avalon’s desirable South-end. Walk just 1.5 blocks to the widest section of Avalon’s beaches. If you would rather be pool-side, you will love this unique and amazing cabana.
Just reduced by $200K, this spectacular 6 bedroom home with a pool and wraparound porch sits on an oversize 70 x 110 lot. Beautiful decor, this property must be seen.
Just reduced by $400K, this home sits on an oversize beach block corner lot, it’s the 4th house from the beach. Utility poles and wires are being removed from this block to enhance your ocean view. This is an opportunity at $ 2.295m.
South-end Stone Harbor beach front just reduced by $600K, to under assessed value. Enjoy magnificent ocean views in front of the widest section of Stone Harbor’s beaches. This beautiful D.L. Miner built home sits on a 60′ x 110′ lot and has a pool.
Renovated 4 bedroom Bayfront just listed at below assessed value. Enjoy the view all the way down Pleasure Bay in Stone Harbor; the good life on the bay awaits you! This property is a winner.
423 104th St., Stone Harbor, $1,439,000, ACTIVE MLS# 166468 – Under Contract
Just one block to the beach and walk to everything in town from this 5 bedroom home on a full-size lot. Hardwood floors, upgraded kitchen and room for a pool, this home is priced right. Want to rent? This property had over $80K income this season.
133 34th St., Avalon, $1,695,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165661 – Under Contract
Just listed, this is the only available unit in The Avalon condos at 700 First Ave. This popular building has a large pool and inlet views from the condo.
115 119th St., Stone Harbor, $2,045,000, ACTIVE MLS# 160910 – Further Reduced!
Tucked away with a bay view, but close to the beach & restaurants, this professionally decorated stunning home with a pool is a winner! Take a look at the photos.
314 76th St., Avalon, $2,275,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165333 – Under Contract
690 22nd Street, Avalon, $710,000, SOLD MLS#: 154987
303 76th Street, Avalon, $1,366,400, SOLD MLS#: 160322
10 Heron Drive, Avalon, $4,100,000, SOLD MLS#: 166556