MARKET STATS: Forty properties sold during the month of September, up by 3% over September, 2014. The number of active listings declined to 327, down 20% from last year. The median sale price also declined to $1,157,500, down from $1,420,000 last year. For more market stats, click here for the latest Long & Foster Market Minute Report: http://www.longandfoster.com/
ONE WINTER INSTEAD OF TWO! The Townsend’s Inlet Bridge roadway project will last just one winter instead of two, as originally expected. A meeting between Avalon Business Administrator Scott Wahl, Avalon Police Sgt. John Roscoe, Cape May County Engineer Dale Foster, Sea Isle City Mayor Len Desiderio and other officials led to the change. During the project, slated to begin in November, one lane of alternating traffic will be maintained when possible, with the majority of work expected to be done by Presidents Day weekend, with the rest completed by March 15, 2016.
AN 1889 PAINTING was donated to the Avalon History Center by Dee Phillips. The piece was painted by Joseph Wells, a founder of the Seven Mile Beach Development Company, and shows the north end of the island including the Avalon Hotel. The Avalon Historical Society will fund a restoration of the painting to reverse deterioration and protect it for the future; the cost may exceed $7,000. If you’d like to support the project visit www.
STONE HARBOR BAYFRONT PROPERTY OWNERS are invited to attend an informational meeting regarding the back bay dredging project and the dredging of privately owned boatslips The meeting will be hosted by Sevenson Environmental Services, Inc., the contractor conducting the project. The meeting will be held Saturday, November 7th at 10am at the Stone Harbor Elementary School.
- IPad Workshop, using iMovie to create video invites, etc, Avalon Public Library, call 609-967-7155 to register, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, November 7
- Big Band Dance, music by Triple Play, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, November 7
- Midiri Brothers Traditional Jazz, 419 Congress Street, Cape May, Sunday, November 8, 2pm to 4pm. www.midiribros.com
- Avalon’s Veteran’s Day Ceremony, Veteran’s Plaza, 11AM, Wednesday, November 11
- Stone Harbor American Legion Post Veterans’ Day Ceremony, 11617 Second Avenue, Noon, Wednesday, November 11
- Avalon Home & Land Owners’ Association Meeting, Speaker is Avalon’s Business Administrator Scott Wahl who will discuss Avalon’s Floodplain Management Plan, Avalon Senior Center, 10AM, Saturday, November 14
- Cape May County‘s Disabilities Awareness Day, Avalon Community Hall, 10AM, Saturday, November 14
- Sea Isle City’s Girls’ Weekend, specials & discounts in participating shops, restaurants & bars, Friday, Saturday & Sunda
y, November 20, 21 & 22
- Creative Writing Seminar, tips & feedback on poetry, memoirs, short stories, articles & books, Avalon Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, November 21
- Basket Weaving Workshop, all supplies are included, Avalon Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-4PM, Saturday, November 21
- Avalon’s Festival of Trees, The Whitebrier, 5PM, Wednesday, November 25
- 4th Annual Turkey Trot 5K Run & 1.5 Mile Walk, Avalon Community Hall, 10AM, Friday, November 27
- Stone Harbor’s Island Holiday Celebration, family fun, Merchants Hospitality Night, pet parade, downtown shopping district, 10AM-9PMboth days, Friday & Saturday, November 27 & 28
- Avalon’s Festive Friday, over 40 family friendly holiday activities plus Santa Claus, Avalon Shopping District, 11AM-6PM, Friday, November 27
- Avalon’s Festival of Trees, The Whitebrier, Noon-8PM, Friday, November 27
- Wetlands Institute Wonderland, family activities, scavenger hunts, aquarium feedings, crafts, more, 9:30AM-3PM, Saturday, November 28
- Avalon’s Snowfest Saturday, rides, games, music, lots of family fun throughout Avalon’s downtown area, 11AM-5PM, Saturday, November 28
- Stone Harbor’s Gala Christmas Parade, music, floats, Santa & Mrs. Claus, 6PM, Saturday, November 28
Enjoy life in this beautiful, fully furnished, 6 bedroom/5.5 bath home in Avalon’s desirable South-end. Walk just 1.5 blocks to the widest section of Avalon’s beaches. If you would rather be pool-side, you will love this unique and amazing cabana.
249 76th St., Avalon, $2,195,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165654
Just reduced by $200K, this spectacular 6 bedroom home with a pool and wraparound porch sits on an oversize 70 x 110 lot. Beautiful decor, this property must be seen.
385 93rd St., Stone Harbor, $2,295,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165563
Just reduced by $400K, this home sits on an oversize beach block corner lot, it’s the 4th house from the beach. Utility poles and wires are being removed from this block to enhance your ocean view. This is an opportunity at $ 2.295m.
115 120th St., Stone Harbor, $2,295,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165421
South-end Stone Harbor beach front just reduced by $600K, to under assessed value. Enjoy magnificent ocean views in front of the widest section of Stone Harbor’s beaches. This beautiful D.L. Miner built home sits on a 60′ x 110′ lot and has a pool.
103 119th St., Stone Harbor, $5,395,000, MLS# 162648
Renovated 4 bedroom Bayfront just listed at below assessed value. Enjoy the view all the way down Pleasure Bay in Stone Harbor; the good life on the bay awaits you! This property is a winner.
423 104th St., Stone Harbor, $1,439,000, ACTIVE MLS# 166468 – Under Contract
Just 2 blocks from the widest section of Avalon’s beaches, this stunning, 5 bedroom townhome also has bay/wetlands & sunset views. There is lots of room in this 3-story property with a garage. Just bring your bathing suits; this winner is in perfect move-in condition.
6840 Ocean Dr., Avalon, $1,095,000, ACTIVE MLS# 166325 – Under Contract
Walk to everything in town from this professionally decorated 5 bedroom home with a pool. Never been rented, this 2009 home is move-in ready and priced right.
159 20th St., Avalon, $1,780,000, MLS# 165643 – Under Contract
Just one block to the beach and walk to everything in town from this 5 bedroom home on a full-size lot. Hardwood floors, upgraded kitchen and room for a pool, this home is priced right. Want to rent? This property had over $80K income this season.
133 34th St., Avalon, $1,695,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165661 – Under Contract
Just listed, this is the only available unit in The Avalon condos at 700 First Ave. This popular building has a large pool and inlet views from the condo.
115 119th St., Stone Harbor, $2,095,000, ACTIVE MLS# 160910 – Further Reduced!
Tucked away with a bay view, but close to the beach & restaurants, this professionally decorated stunning home with a pool is a winner! Take a look at the photos.
314 76th St., Avalon, $2,275,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165333
Stone Harbor bayfront just reduced by $300K. This recently remodeled property opposite the Yacht Club of Stone Harbor, is now priced under assessed land value. Enjoy bayfront living in this house or build your dream house. This is a great bay for swimming.
9011 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $1,495,000, MLS# 159494 – Under Contract
This 4 bedroom/3.5 bath Stone Harbor townhouse is surprising, it feels like a single-family home, without the single-family home price. The location is convenient to town, restaurants, and the beach. Take a look!
150 96th St., Unit 1, Stone Harbor, $525,000, ACTIVE MLS# 156106 – Reduced!
636 21st Street, Avalon, $570,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 166923
2743 Dune Dr 2nd Fl. S, Avalon, $599,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 166948
3285 Dune Drive, Avalon, $699,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 166942
294 88th Street, Stone Harbor, $765,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 166931
601 Dune Drive, Avalon, $799,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 166897
482 21 Street, Avalon, $1,199,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 166967
1918 First Avenue, Avalon, $1,297,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 166960
231 121st Street, Stone Harbor, $1,599,999, ACTIVE MLS#: 166911
424 42nd Street, Avalon, $2,199,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 166969
36 E 15th Street, Avalon, $3,195,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 166917
9 E 21st Street Unit #3, Avalon, $502,000, SOLD MLS#: 160157
1668 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $640,000, SOLD MLS#: 165775
2303 Dune Drive, Avalon, $720,000, SOLD MLS#: 164684
220 85th Street, Stone Harbor, $730,000, SOLD MLS#: 165432
401 24th Street, Unit B, Avalon, $765,000, SOLD MLS#: 165857
221 16th Street, Avalon, $825,000, SOLD MLS#: 165980
1664 First Avenue, Avalon, $1,125,000, SOLD MLS#: 166084
35 W 22nd Street, Avalon, $1,350,000, SOLD MLS#: 164825
11015 Sunset Drive, Stone Harbor, $1,375,000, SOLD MLS#: 163175
657 E 24th Street, Avalon, $1,450,000, SOLD MLS#: 164912
129 105th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,675,000, SOLD MLS#: 160887