WHAT A CATCH! According to Seven Mile Times, Fred Mellon of Sea Isle City and Bob Tartaglione of Avalon landed a 48-inch, 43lb striper while trolling the Sea Isle Lump, just a couple miles off the beach. Meanwhile, the Miss Avalon has reported nice catches of sea bass. Don’t let the fall chill stop you–grab your fishing tackle and head to your favorite spot!
ON THE ISLAND over Thanksgiving, but don’t want to cook? Make a reservation at your favorite local restaurant! Several area favorites will be open and will be happy to do the cooking and clean-up for you! Here are just a few of the options: The Golden Inn is offering Dine & Stay packages; The Reeds at Shelter Haven is offering bayside dining on Thanksgiving day; Stone Harbor Golf Club and the Yacht Club of Stone Harbor are offering Thanksgiving meals to go. Call early to make your reservations or place your order.
HOLIDAY BEACH TAGS will be available for purchase in Avalon and Stone Harbor over the Thanksgiving weekend. The Avalon Holiday Tag will be premiered at Festive Friday on Nov. 27 and Snowfest Saturday on Nov. 28. Stop by the Avalon Rescue Squad building from 10am to 4pm to pick up the gingerbread-themed tag. If any remain, you can purchase them at the Tax Collector’s Office in Borough Hall during office hours. The sale of Stone Harbor’s Holiday Tag will begin at the Island Holiday Celebration set for Nov. 27 and 28. Tags will be available for purchase from 10am to 2pm at the Water Works Building, as well as participating stores throughout town. If any remain following the holiday weekend, they will be on sale Saturdays and Sundays beginning Nov. 30 at the Stone Harbor Chamber of Commerce from 10am to 3pm.
- Sea Isle City’s Girls’ Weekend, specials & discounts in participating shops, restaurants & bars, Friday, Saturday &Sunday, November 20, 21 & 22
- Creative Writing Seminar, tips & feedback on poetry, memoirs, short stories, articles & books, Avalon Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, November 21
- Basket Weaving Workshop, all supplies are included, Avalon Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-4PM, Saturday, November 21
- Princess Day at the Cape May County Zoo, glass slipper hunts, games, face painting, photo ops, more, 11AM-2PM, Saturday November 21
- Avalon’s Festival of Trees, The Whitebrier, 5PM, Wednesday, November 25
- Brendan Borek 5K Turkey Trot hosted by Cape May Fitness Center, to register go to www.brendansfund.org or call 609-898-1515, 9AM start, Thursday, November 26
- Stone Harbor’s Island Holiday Celebration, family fun, Merchants Hospitality Night, pet parade, downtown shopping district, 10AM-9PM both days, Friday & Saturday, November 27 & 28
- Story Time with Mrs. Claus for children of all ages, Avalon Public Library, 10AM, Friday, November 27
- 4th Annual Turkey Trot 5K Run & 1.5 Mile Walk, Avalon Community Hall, 10AM, Friday, November 27
- Avalon’s Festive Friday, over 40 family friendly holiday activities plus Santa Claus, Avalon Shopping District,11AM-6PM, Friday, November 27
- Avalon’s Festival of Trees, The Whitebrier, Noon-8PM, Friday, November 27
- Avalon’s Christmas Tree Lighting, 5PM, Friday, November 27
- Stone Harbor’s Lighting of their Holiday Display, 267-96th Street, 5:45PM, Friday, November 27
- Wetlands Institute Wonderland, family activities, scavenger hunts, aquarium feedings, crafts, more, 9:30AM-3PM, Saturday, November 28
- Avalon’s Snowfest Saturday, rides, games, music, lots of family fun throughout Avalon’s downtown area, 11AM-5PM, Saturday, November 28
- Stone Harbor’s Gala Christmas Parade, music, floats, Santa & Mrs. Claus, 6:30PM, Saturday, November 28
- IPad Workshop explaining a variety of iPad uses & ideas, Avalon Public Library, register by calling 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, December 5
- Big Band Dance featuring The Star Band, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, December 12
Enjoy life in this beautiful, fully furnished, 6 bedroom/5.5 bath home in Avalon’s desirable South-end. Walk just 1.5 blocks to the widest section of Avalon’s beaches. If you would rather be pool-side, you will love this unique and amazing cabana.
Just reduced by $200K, this spectacular 6 bedroom home with a pool and wraparound porch sits on an oversize 70 x 110 lot. Beautiful decor, this property must be seen.
Just reduced by $400K, this home sits on an oversize beach block corner lot, it’s the 4th house from the beach. Utility poles and wires are being removed from this block to enhance your ocean view. This is an opportunity at $ 2.295m.
South-end Stone Harbor beach front just reduced by $600K, to under assessed value. Enjoy magnificent ocean views in front of the widest section of Stone Harbor’s beaches. This beautiful D.L. Miner built home sits on a 60′ x 110′ lot and has a pool.
Renovated 4 bedroom Bayfront just listed at below assessed value. Enjoy the view all the way down Pleasure Bay in Stone Harbor; the good life on the bay awaits you! This property is a winner.
423 104th St., Stone Harbor, $1,439,000, ACTIVE MLS# 166468 – Under Contract
Just one block to the beach and walk to everything in town from this 5 bedroom home on a full-size lot. Hardwood floors, upgraded kitchen and room for a pool, this home is priced right. Want to rent? This property had over $80K income this season.
133 34th St., Avalon, $1,695,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165661 – Under Contract
Just listed, this is the only available unit in The Avalon condos at 700 First Ave. This popular building has a large pool and inlet views from the condo.
115 119th St., Stone Harbor, $2,045,000, ACTIVE MLS# 160910 – Further Reduced!
Tucked away with a bay view, but close to the beach & restaurants, this professionally decorated stunning home with a pool is a winner! Take a look at the photos.
This 4 bedroom/3.5 bath Stone Harbor townhouse is surprising, it feels like a single-family home, without the single-family home price. The location is convenient to town, restaurants, and the beach. Take a look!
9 E 21st Street, Avalon, $530,000, SOLD MLS#: 164978
9501 Sunset Drive #12, Stone Harbor, $570,000, SOLD MLS#: 160317
222 85th Street, Stone Harbor, $739,000, SOLD MLS#: 165590
700 Ocean Drive – E-2, Avalon, $775,000, SOLD MLS#: 163592
125 14th Street, Avalon, $875,000, SOLD MLS#: 162402
9 Acton Drive, Stone Harbor Manor, $1,630,000, SOLD MLS#: 163090
129 105th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,675,000, SOLD MLS#: 160887
159 20th Street, Avalon, $1,750,000, SOLD MLS#: 165643
9509 First Avenue, Stone Harbor, $1,875,000, SOLD MLS#: 165797
26 W 31st Street, Avalon, $2,400,000, SOLD MLS#: 162920
23 Pelican Drive, Avalon, $4,150,000, SOLD MLS#: 161833