HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and your family! Wishing you a warm & wonderful day with your loved ones!
THIS WEEKEND THE ISLAND will be filled with holiday activities, shopping, events, and appearances by Santa. (See below for more.) While you’re here do some holiday shopping—here are just a few gift ideas:
Holiday beach tags make great stocking stuffers; the Fudge Kitchen will ship a pound of homemade fudge to the recipient of your choosing; Uncle Bill’s will ship pancake mix and syrup; Avalon Coffee offers an Island Sampler; a Wetlands Institute membership makes a great gift! Visit local shops for more. Can’t find the perfect gift? Purchase a gift certificate from a local store or restaurant for your favorite Seven Mile Island fan!
WEDNESDAY EVENING the weekend kicks off with the Festival of Trees at The Whitebrier in Avalon. Trees and wreaths decorated by local businesses will be available for auction beginning at 5pm Wednesday. Bidding resumes Fridayfrom noon till 8pm. Winning bidders can take their decorated tree or wreath that night.
THE TURKEY TROT 5K RUN will take place Friday morning at 10am, in support of the Helen L. Diller Vacation Home for Blind Children. (Packet pickup begins at 8am at Community Hall.)
AVALON’S FESTIVE FRIDAY begins at 11am and will feature iceless ice-skating at 21st & Dune Drive, along with face painters bounce houses, crafts, plus a visit from Santa as he helps Mayor Pagliughi light the Christmas tree at Veteran’s Plaza at 5pm.
SNOWFEST SATURDAY will transform Dune Drive into a winter carnival from 11am to 4pm, including games, rides, bounce houses, and more iceless skating. Santa will be posing for photos at Veteran’s Plaza. For full details on Avalon’s events click here: http://avalonboro.net/
“IT’S A WONDERFUL LIFE” IN STONE HARBOR occurs on Friday and Saturday, where you’ll find breakfast with Frosty, a scavenger hunt, letter writing to Santa, a holiday dash with George Bailey, a magic show, and more. For full details on Stone Harbor’s events click here: http://stoneharbornj.
SATURDAY NIGHT’S PARADE in Stone Harbor will step off at 6:30pm from 111th & Third Avenue, and will turn onto 96th Street toward the beach. Floats, music, antique vehicles, and decorated fire trucks from all over will be featured in the parade, along with Santa, the guest of honor!
IF YOU ARE ON THE ISLAND this weekend, come and say hello. I will be doing an open house from 12 – 2 pm, Friday & Saturday, at 1688 Ocean Drive, Unit A-3. You will love the views from this three bedroom Bayfront condo with its own boat slip.
- Avalon’s Festival of Trees, The Whitebrier, 5PM, Wednesday, November 25
- Brendan Borek 5K Turkey Trot hosted by Cape May Fitness Center, to register go to www.brendansfund.orgor call 609-898-1515, 9AM start,
Thursday, November 26
- Stone Harbor’s It’s A Wonderful Life Holiday Celebration, family fun, Merchants Hospitality Night, pet parade, downtown shopping district, 10AM-9PM both days, Friday & Saturday, November 27 & 28
- Story Time with Mrs. Claus for children of all ages, Avalon Public Library, 10AM, Friday, November 27
- 4th Annual Turkey Trot 5K Run & 1.5 Mile Walk, Avalon Community Hall, 10AM, Friday, November 27
- Avalon’s Festive Friday, over 40 family friendly holiday activities plus Santa Claus, Avalon Shopping District,11AM-6PM, Friday, November 27
- Avalon’s Festival of Trees, The Whitebrier, Noon-8PM, Friday, November 27
- Avalon’s Christmas Tree Lighting, 5PM, Friday, November 27
- Stone Harbor’s Lighting of their Holiday Display, 267-96th Street, 5:45PM, Frida
y, November 27
- Wetlands Institute Wonderland, family activities, scavenger hunts, aquarium feedings, crafts, more, 9:30AM-3PM, Saturday, November 28
- Avalon’s Snowfest Saturday, rides, games, music, lots of family fun throughout Avalon’s downtown area,11AM-5PM, Saturday, November 28
- Stone Harbor’s Gala Christmas Parade, music, floats, Santa & Mrs. Claus, 6:30PM, Saturday, November 28
- Hereford Inlet Lighthouse Christmas Tree Lighting, music, cookies, hot chocolate & Santa is expected to make an appearance, 1st & Central Avenues, North Wildwood, 5:30-7:30PM, Friday, December 4
- IPad Workshop explaining a variety of iPad uses & ideas, Avalon Public Library, register by calling 609-967-7155, 10AM–
Noon, Saturday, December 5
- Open House Honoring WWII Veterans, Stone Harbor American Legion Post #331, 117th Street & Second Avenue, 1-3PM, Sunday, December 6
- Big Band Dance featuring The Star Band, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, December 12
- Sea Isle City House Tour, begins at Community Lodge at 300 JFK Boulevard, SIC, call 609-463-2846 for info, 6-9PM, Friday, December 18
Build your beach front dream house in Stone Harbor. Just reduced by $250K, to well below assessed lot value. This lot is 75′ wide across the beach front, providing spectacular ocean views.
Enjoy life in this beautiful, fully furnished, 6 bedroom/5.5 bath home in Avalon’s desirable South-end. Walk just 1.5 blocks to the widest section of Avalon’s beaches. If you would rather be pool-side, you will love this unique and amazing cabana.
Just reduced by $200K, this spectacular 6 bedroom home with a pool and wraparound porch sits on an oversize 70 x 110 lot. Beautiful decor, this property must be seen.
Just reduced by $400K, this home sits on an oversize beach block corner lot, it’s the 4th house from the beach. Utility poles and wires are being removed from this block to enhance your ocean view. This is an opportunity at $ 2.295m.
South-end Stone Harbor beach front just reduced by $600K, to under assessed value. Enjoy magnificent ocean views in front of the widest section of Stone Harbor’s beaches. This beautiful D.L. Miner built home sits on a 60′ x 110′ lot and has a pool.
Renovated 4 bedroom Bayfront just listed at below assessed value. Enjoy the view all the way down Pleasure Bay in Stone Harbor; the good life on the bay awaits you! This property is a winner.
423 104th St., Stone Harbor, $1,439,000, ACTIVE MLS# 166468 – Under Contract
Just one block to the beach and walk to everything in town from this 5 bedroom home on a full-size lot. Hardwood floors, upgraded kitchen and room for a pool, this home is priced right. Want to rent? This property had over $80K income this season.
133 34th St., Avalon, $1,695,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165661 – Under Contract
Just listed, this is the only available unit in The Avalon condos at 700 First Ave. This popular building has a large pool and inlet views from the condo.
115 119th St., Stone Harbor, $2,045,000, ACTIVE MLS# 160910 – Further Reduced!
Tucked away with a bay view, but close to the beach & restaurants, this professionally decorated stunning home with a pool is a winner! Take a look at the photos.
This 4 bedroom/3.5 bath Stone Harbor townhouse is surprising, it feels like a single-family home, without the single-family home price. The location is convenient to town, restaurants, and the beach. Take a look!
3845 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $975,000, SOLD MLS#: 164482
6840 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,095,000, SOLD MLS#: 166325
35 E 14th Street, Avalon, $1,750,000, SOLD MLS#: 164146