2015 SAW THE MOST PROPERTIES PLACED UNDER CONTRACT around the island since 2004. This activity has created a lack of inventory in every segment of the market on the island, and has helped push the market values higher as well! If you have been considering listing your property for sale, this is a great time to do so. Call me and let’s discuss your situation.
A BIG CHANGE was announced at a recent dredging forum: the lifting of a wintertime ban on dredge projects in the back bays. For years dredge permits required the suspension of work during the winter months due to the breeding of winter flounder. After determining that winter flounder are not breeding or even living south of Absecon Island (Atlantic City), it was announced that the winter dredging ban would be lifted. Removing the winter ban will allow future dredge projects to proceed uninterrupted, speeding the projects and reducing the costs of mobilizing and demobilizing equipment. Allowing work to occur in the winter months will also mean less impact on the summer boating season.
FLOODPLAIN COMMITTEE: Avalon has formed a Floodplain Planning Committee tasked with helping the Borough further improve its flood mitigation efforts, with the goal of maintaining the community’s 25% discount on flood insurance, or even increasing the discount to 30%. The committee will hold several meetings from October through December, 2015. For more on the committee, and a list of meeting dates, click here:
This beautiful sunset was captured from the 96th Street bridge in September by Long & Foster friend Ed Herrmann!
AN OLD HOUSE that collapsed into the bay in Middle Township three weeks ago has been fully removed from the waterway. The old home stood on pilings along Grassy Sound, behind North Wildwood and had been unoccupied for years. It finally gave way during the strong winds and high tides experienced during the northeast storm that affected the area about four weeks ago, and ended up partially submerged in a creek not far from where the home formerly stood. Middle Township officials quickly contacted state and federal officials and created a plan to remove the debris from the water; the project was completed last week.
ANNUAL FOOD DRIVE: Long & Foster’s Avalon office is collecting food items for its annual donation to the Holy Redeemer Food Bank. This year’s collection has already been kicked off with several generous donations. If you’d like to help, please stop by our office during business hours with non-perishable food items. If you prefer to make a monetary donation, you may drop off a check payable to “Holy Redeemer.”
PLAN AHEAD, SAVE THE DATE! Avalon and Stone Harbor will once again celebrate the holiday season with numerous festivities on Thanksgiving Weekend. Family activities include games, music, shopping, crafts, aquarium feedings, and a huge Christmas parade Saturday evening, November 28th. See below for a list of events, and stay tuned for more details!
- Avalon’s Trunk or Treat Halloween Event, 30th Street Parking Lot at Community Hall, 5-7PM, Friday, October 30
- Stone Harbor & Avalon’s Town Wide Halloween Trick or Treating, 5-8PM, Saturday, October 31
- IPad Workshop, using iMovie to create video invites, etc, Avalon Public Library, call 609-967-7155 to register, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, November 7
- Big Band Dance, music by Triple Play, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, November 7
- Avalon’s Veteran’s Day Ceremony, Veteran’s Plaza, 11AM, Wednesday, November 11
- Stone Harbor American Legion Post Veterans’ Day Ceremony, 11617 Second Avenue, Noon, Wednesday, November 11
- Avalon Home & Land Owners’ Association Meeting, Speaker is Avalon’s Business Administrator Scott Wahl who will discuss Avalon’s Floodplain Management Plan, Avalon Senior Center, 10AM, Saturday, November 14
- Cape May County‘s Disabilities Awareness Day, Avalon Community Hall, 10AM, Saturday, November 14
- Sea Isle City’s Girls’ Weekend, specials & discounts in participating shops, restaurants & bars, Friday,Saturday & Sunday
, November 20, 21 & 22
- Creative Writing Seminar, tips & feedback on poetry, memoirs, short stories, articles & books, Avalon Public Library, register at 609-967-7155, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, November 21
- Basket Weaving Workshop, all supplies are included, Avalon Public Library, register at 609-967-7155,10AM-4PM, Saturday, November 21
- Avalon’s Festival of Trees, The Whitebrier, 5PM, Wednesday, November 25
- 4th Annual Turkey Trot, Avalon Community Hall, 10AM, Friday, November 27
- Stone Harbor’s Island Holiday Celebration, family fun, Merchants Hospitality Night, pet parade, downtown shopping district, 10AM-9PM both days, Friday & Saturday, November 27 & 28
- Avalon’s Festive Friday, over 40 family friendly holiday activities plus Santa Claus, Avalon Shopping District, 11AM-6PM, Friday, November 27
- Avalon’s Festival of Trees, The Whitebrier, Noon-8PM, Friday, November 27
- Wetlands Institute Wonderland, family activities, scavenger hunts, aquarium feedings, crafts, more,9:30AM-3PM, Saturday, November 28
- Avalon’s Snowfest Saturday, rides, games, music, lots of family fun throughout Avalon’s downtown area,11AM-4PM, Saturday, November 28
- Stone Harbor’s Gala Christmas Parade, music, floats, Santa & Mrs. Claus, 6PM, Saturday, November 28
Enjoy life in this beautiful, fully furnished, 6 bedroom/5.5 bath home in Avalon’s desirable South-end. Walk just 1.5 blocks to the widest section of Avalon’s beaches. If you would rather be pool-side, you will love this unique and amazing cabana.
249 76th St., Avalon, $2,195,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165654
Just reduced by $200K, this spectacular 6 bedroom home with a pool and wraparound porch sits on an oversize 70 x 110 lot. Beautiful decor, this property must be seen.
385 93rd St., Stone Harbor, $2,295,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165563
Just reduced by $400K, this home sits on an oversize beach block corner lot, it’s the 4th house from the beach. Utility poles and wires are being removed from this block to enhance your ocean view. This is an opportunity at $ 2.295m.
115 120th St., Stone Harbor, $2,295,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165421
South-end Stone Harbor beach front just reduced by $600K, to under assessed value. Enjoy magnificent ocean views in front of the widest section of Stone Harbor’s beaches. This beautiful D.L. Miner built home sits on a 60′ x 110′ lot and has a pool.
103 119th St., Stone Harbor, $5,395,000, MLS# 162648
Renovated 4 bedroom Bayfront just listed at below assessed value. Enjoy the view all the way down Pleasure Bay in Stone Harbor; the good life on the bay awaits you! This property is a winner.
423 104th St., Stone Harbor, $1,439,000, ACTIVE MLS# 166468 – Under Contract
Just 2 blocks from the widest section of Avalon’s beaches, this stunning, 5 bedroom townhome also has bay/wetlands & sunset views. There is lots of room in this 3-story property with a garage. Just bring your bathing suits; this winner is in perfect move-in condition.
6840 Ocean Dr., Avalon, $1,095,000, ACTIVE MLS# 166325 – Under Contract
Walk to everything in town from this professionally decorated 5 bedroom home with a pool. Never been rented, this 2009 home is move-in ready and priced right.
159 20th St., Avalon, $1,780,000, MLS# 165643 – Under Contract
Just one block to the beach and walk to everything in town from this 5 bedroom home on a full-size lot. Hardwood floors, upgraded kitchen and room for a pool, this home is priced right. Want to rent? This property had over $80K income this season.
133 34th St., Avalon, $1,695,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165661 – Under Contract
Just listed, this is the only available unit in The Avalon condos at 700 First Ave. This popular building has a large pool and inlet views from the condo.
115 119th St., Stone Harbor, $2,095,000, ACTIVE MLS# 160910 – Further Reduced!
Tucked away with a bay view, but close to the beach & restaurants, this professionally decorated stunning home with a pool is a winner! Take a look at the photos.
314 76th St., Avalon, $2,275,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165333
Stone Harbor bayfront just reduced by $300K. This recently remodeled property opposite the Yacht Club of Stone Harbor, is now priced under assessed land value. Enjoy bayfront living in this house or build your dream house. This is a great bay for swimming.
9011 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $1,495,000, MLS# 159494 – Under Contract
This 4 bedroom/3.5 bath Stone Harbor townhouse is surprising, it feels like a single-family home, without the single-family home price. The location is convenient to town, restaurants, and the beach. Take a look!
150 96th St., Unit 1, Stone Harbor, $525,000, ACTIVE MLS# 156106 – Reduced!
9501 Sunset Drive, Stone Harbor, $419,900, ACTIVE MLS#: 166848
628 21st Street 1st floor, Avalon, $499,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 166841
628 21st Street 2nd floor, Avalon, $529,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 166840
2488 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,599,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 166804
74 W 38th Street, Avalon, $4,899,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 166859
1322 Ocean Drive, Unit 12, Avalon, $640,000, SOLD MLS#: 160382
218 122nd Street, Stone Harbor, $1,625,000, SOLD MLS#: 165108
4838 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,775,000, SOLD MLS#: 161377